Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
ZX-5 motor mount - Is there more than one? >

ZX-5 motor mount - Is there more than one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ZX-5 motor mount - Is there more than one?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default ZX-5 motor mount - Is there more than one?

As it says... Is there more that just one design motor mount across the Lazer ZX-5 line up?

I'm asking this for I can not find answers anywhere else.

I am trying to gear my (was once) RTR to suit 17.5 stock racing. I have fitted the 76 t spur, and I have heard of pinions in the league of 36 t fitting right on with that spur. I have taken to the slots on my mount with a Dremel and the best I can do is a 32 tooth. I can go further because:
1. I'm only pulling 8-900 ma out of the battery per race
2. I have bulk acceleration compared to the other guys in my class but top speed is so - so.

So basically, is the SP mount different or is there a wide ratio mount available from another manufacturer?
Old 09-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

i've heard of stock 17.5 4wd in austrlia.... supposed to be a popular class down under. to fit a bigger pinon u use a smaller spur.... easiest is an associated 72 spur and slipper pads or turbo joe makes a shaft to fit even smaller spurs but with no slipper
Old 09-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Yes the ae spur fits fine or you can go a 69t kimbrough with traxxas slipper pegs. Botht these options will fit with the kyosho slipper plates. I was running 35t pinion/69t spur. You can also fit the sp motor plate but it isnt any different.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Wow, thanks guys. I never would of though of using Traxxas pegs in there. Here I was not thinking outside the box, with Kyosho only offering the 76 as the smallest option.

I'll check out this turbo joe part too - I like my slippers nice and tight so I may just go that way... Less rotating mass, here comes another few teeth on the pinion