Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 06:42 AM

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nofxnz
Just use the lastest firmware/software with the castle link http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rammer-Adapter
I know the HPI is a rebranded MMM, but the firmware is where the differences start... I dont think you can use the regular castle firmware updates on the HPI badged esc... Just because the voltage is higher, does not mean there are sufficient amps available... This thread has gotten a little to heated... Take it easy guys. My apologies if I offended anyone...
Old 04-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goatsblood666
I know the HPI is a rebranded MMM, but the firmware is where the differences start... I dont think you can use the regular castle firmware updates on the HPI badged esc... Just because the voltage is higher, does not mean there are sufficient amps available... This thread has gotten a little to heated... Take it easy guys. My apologies if I offended anyone...
I have read of alot more faulty becs on tekin rx8 than castle mamba monster esc. I have bumped up the internal castle bec to 7.0v with my Blur esc that came with my vorza and my Blur esc that came with my savage flux! I dont just think or assume things, I own and have done it goat.

You can read all the theory and forums in the world but nothing beats hands on learning, to many people on forums just qwote what they have read and have not actually had the hands on experience but yet still talk like they done it anyway?

Goat your the one making it heated by accusing me of telling him to run a cap and a bec and trying to tell me im not allowed to post a recomendation to the question asker (even thought I did before you anyway if you actually go back and read)

Last edited by nofxnz; 04-04-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Granby
OK cheers, I must have older versions as I've never seen that option
No probs

Heres a cool option to wire a external bec without soldering to your esc or you can also modify a balance connector to connect to the balance wires on your lipo to power the external bec.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...p-Deans-to-JST
Attached Thumbnails HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-99444770-f047-4605-a32c-ddcb59cbfb91-7112-0000031da40fa563.jpg  

Last edited by nofxnz; 04-04-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 AM

I have read of alot more faulty becs on tekin rx8 than castle mamba monster esc. I have bumped up the internal castle bec to 7.0v with my Blur esc that came with my vorza and my Blur esc that came with my savage flux! I dont just think or assume things, I own and have done it goat.

You can read all the theory and forums in the world but nothing beats hands on learning, to many people on forums just qwote what they have read and have not actually had the hands on experience but yet still talk like they done it anyway?

Goat your the one making it heated by accusing me of telling him to run a cap and a bec and trying to tell me im not allowed to post a recomendation to the question asker (even thought I did before you anyway if you actually go back and read)
I posted an apology to you, and anyone elso on this forum, and then you send me a private message full of swear words? and I am making it heated? Once again I AM SORRY for assuming that the documentation I have read on HPI branded esc's are notvalid forfirmware upgrades was untrue! I have simply stated what I have read, and what I run. Which is a vorza flux with castle BEC, and a futaba S9351 set at 6 volts and am really happy with it. Have a good day everyone!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The mamba monster 2 may have a stronger BEC, than the RX8... But the mamba Monster 2 is not in the Vorza Flux. The BEC IN THE FLUX is 5.0v @ 2 amps aka Weak
????? The BEC on my Flux used to be 6.0v, I updated the FW and now it's at 7.0v.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Genebaby
????? The BEC on my Flux used to be 6.0v, I updated the FW and now it's at 7.0v.
Thats cool man! I have never done a firmware update on my esc... I have the field link, and have only used with my pc at work to program my bec, as I only have a mac at home... Is that pushing the esc too hard @ 7.0v? It is just a question, any answers would be appreciated. The amperage would still be the same though @2amps, correct? Aren't the amps the real issue when it comes to glitching, or brown outs?
Old 04-04-2013, 02:18 PM

Thats cool man! I have never done a firmware update on my esc... I have the field link, and have only used with my pc at work to program my bec, as I only have a mac at home... Is that pushing the esc too hard @ 7.0v? It is just a question, any answers would be appreciated. The amperage would still be the same though @2amps, correct? Aren't the amps the real issue when it comes to glitching, or brown outs?
My bad... I guess the esc is 3amp output...
Old 04-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm not sure of the amp output, but with the latest FW it can do 7v, which would maybe bring the amps up too?

I have a HV servo in it and it has been fine. With what these units cost it would seem feasible that they kick but in the BEC area and eliminate the need for anything extra.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:46 PM

I'm not sure of the amp output, but with the latest FW it can do 7v, which would maybe bring the amps up too?

I have a HV servo in it and it has been fine. With what these units cost it would seem feasible that they kick but in the BEC area and eliminate the need for anything extra.
Hey man! The amps will always be the same no matter what you set the voltage to. These esc's are very expensive, but there is always a little give and take. I hope when I say this I don't get my head ripped off... But I would tend to believe that most people would tell you to install the external BEC with a high voltage servo... Again, this is only my opinion. The main thing I would tend to worry about is the esc temps when it is supply all those volts to the motor, servo, receiver, and the fan on the esc... Here in the USA the Castle external BEC is only $22.00. In my OPINION the steering is way more responsive when set at 6.0v (I don't own any high voltage servos as of yet, but really tempted) I have also noticed about 15 degree F drop on my esc temps ever since... I have the Vorza, Savage Flux HP with stock electronics, as well as the Savage xs SS with MMP. They all have the castle BEC and I couldn't be happier! Again these are just my opinions of real world use, not looking to ruffle anybody's feathers. I hope this helped you out man. Take it easy!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Things have been going well for me so far, so I don't want to rock the boat, fingers crossed!!

The Vorza is running the stock pinion, I don't think I push it too hard temp wise.

I do have a spare ESC fan on the way though, in case it dies from dust/rocks etc.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:07 PM

Things have been going well for me so far, so I don't want to rock the boat, fingers crossed!!

The Vorza is running the stock pinion, I don't think I push it too hard temp wise.

I do have a spare ESC fan on the way though, in case it dies from dust/rocks etc.
I hear ya! If it ain't broke... Don't fix it!!! I only run mine on 4s with an 18 tooth pinion! Gives me just enough top speed to be dangerous!
Old 04-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Here in the USA the Castle external BEC is only $22.00
Yes goat but once again for those who dont read well. You will also need to buy a castle link to change the external castle bec from 5.1v to 6.0v-7.4v so you will need to spend another $22 making the mod $44 + shipping

You get proved wrong everytime goat lol

Last edited by nofxnz; 04-04-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

I hear ya! If it ain't broke... Don't fix it!!! I only run mine on 4s with an 18 tooth pinion! Gives me just enough top speed to be dangerous!
That's the way! I was doing crazy 6s stuff when I got it but I am over that, so it's 4s with the 15 tooth pinion, that's been working fine.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:46 PM

Yes goat but once again for those who dont read well. You will also need to buy a castle link to change the external castle bec from 5.1v to 6.0v-7.4v so you will need to spend another $22 making the mod $44 + shipping

You get proved wrong everytime goat lol
Well I guess I used common sense... Considering he was able to switch the voltage on his esc... Which would tell me he already has one...
Old 04-04-2013, 05:47 PM

That's the way! I was doing crazy 6s stuff when I got it but I am over that, so it's 4s with the 15 tooth pinion, that's been working fine.
Yeah... 6s is fun for a wee bit...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.