Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kylesfv
TimMo846- Two questions ..lol
How long did it take for elite rc to send out that motor mount to you?
and was the erc motor mount a perfect fit on the tekno v4?
thanks
It took about 2-3 days for it to get here. I ordered it on a Saturday and by Tuesday it was here. And to be honest, it doesn't work with the Tekno V4. The motor mount plate on it is the wrong way around. The mounting screws for the motor would be on the wrong side for the sinkholes and the bearing would be too. I didn't even install it before I figured this out. So if you have it save your $70. I just sold mine to a friend with a D8 that wanted to switch over to electric. There's a few post way back that says it won't work with it that BigBen put up. I didn't read it prior to ordering. Just thankfully I wasn't out the $70.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimMo846
It took about 2-3 days for it to get here. I ordered it on a Saturday and by Tuesday it was here. And to be honest, it doesn't work with the Tekno V4. The motor mount plate on it is the wrong way around. The mounting screws for the motor would be on the wrong side for the sinkholes and the bearing would be too. I didn't even install it before I figured this out. So if you have it save your $70. I just sold mine to a friend with a D8 that wanted to switch over to electric. There's a few post way back that says it won't work with it that BigBen put up. I didn't read it prior to ordering. Just thankfully I wasn't out the $70.
OOO man that sucks ! WOW ERC has really fast shipping! BCE is soooo dam slow! Shoot i would have bought that mount off you if your friend didnt need it .. ooo well i guess il just order one from there website.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

OOO man that sucks ! WOW ERC has really fast shipping! BCE is soooo dam slow! Shoot i would have bought that mount off you if your friend didnt need it .. ooo well i guess il just order one from there website.
Yeah I took a $5 loss on it but that was the shipping. No big deal really. Yeah they have really fast shipping considering they ship with USPS. Might be a little different for you. I didn't expect it to get here that fast either. Especially since it came from Cali to Indiana.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Z4Kevo
You will have a shade more top end. Technically, you will have less grunt too, but it is really hard to undergear a brushless motor since they have so much torque.
Thanks again Kev, I just put it on and did a few runs outside my house. I must say I like the difference. Not a lot more top end and didn't loose any acceleration/grunt. I like how it's dialed in now on it. Just perfect for the race tomorrow. I hope!!!!!!! lol.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks again Kev, I just put it on and did a few runs outside my house. I must say I like the difference. Not a lot more top end and didn't loose any acceleration/grunt. I like how it's dialed in now on it. Just perfect for the race tomorrow. I hope!!!!!!! lol.
Ur welcome man! I am actually running a 20t clutch bell right now. Nice top end for the track here in SA.

Let us know how tomorrow's racing goes. Remember...rubber side down!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Z4Kevo
Ur welcome man! I am actually running a 20t clutch bell right now. Nice top end for the track here in SA.

Let us know how tomorrow's racing goes. Remember...rubber side down!
Nice! I Was wondering about the whole bell system. I know how it all works, but is there a certain brand you have to buy? Or make? I was thinking about switching over but not knowing this has stopped me.
The track I'm going to be racing at has a few bigger jumps and turns in it so I'll need a a little more acceleration vs top speed. The straight away is about 60-70ish feet so I'll hit top end on it with no worries right before nailing the breaks for the 1st turn.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah I took a $5 loss on it but that was the shipping. No big deal really. Yeah they have really fast shipping considering they ship with USPS. Might be a little different for you. I didn't expect it to get here that fast either. Especially since it came from Cali to Indiana.
5$ loss to a friend so thats not too bad.. i live in cali so the mount would be here in 1 day LOL
Old 08-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Adept

Nice! I Was wondering about the whole bell system. I know how it all works, but is there a certain brand you have to buy? Or make? I was thinking about switching over but not knowing this has stopped me.
The track I'm going to be racing at has a few bigger jumps and turns in it so I'll need a a little more acceleration vs top speed. The straight away is about 60-70ish feet so I'll hit top end on it with no worries right before nailing the breaks for the 1st turn.
WOW that a Sweet track!
I race my vorza in a huge indoor clay track
im spoiled here in LA so many inddoor clay tracks!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

5$ loss to a friend so thats not too bad.. i live in cali so the mount would be here in 1 day LOL
You think it would be..... I ordered a kings head front brace and their located in northern Indiana and that was Tuesday and still haven't got it yet.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Adept

You think it would be..... I ordered a kings head front brace and their located in northern Indiana and that was Tuesday and still haven't got it yet.
I was gonna order one of those Too!
Random question lol but have you done anything to lighten up the vorza casue stock this buggy is like a PIG! lol
Old 08-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

I was gonna order one of those Too!
Random question lol but have you done anything to lighten up the vorza casue stock this buggy is like a PIG! lol
Tekno chassis lightens it up nicely!!!!!! I don't do much aluminum other than braces, shock towers, chassis and servo horn. Everything else I'm going to go with is all nylon or CF. Pretty much everything that comes stock aluminum I leave it that way.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

WOW that a Sweet track!
I race my vorza in a huge indoor clay track
im spoiled here in LA so many inddoor clay tracks!
I'm JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I wish we had a indoor track still here. There were two but one the owner just shut it down(not sure why) and the other one was a a fair grounds and the owner of the fair grounds decided that it would be better for the community to use the space to store RV's and boats over the winter time. The track I race at in the picture is a nice track. Dirt and clay mixture. I love it! I wish I would have been into RC's while I was stationed in San Diego. I know there's a lot of tracks around SoCal and in NorCal too. I was a little bit but not like I am now. Mainly just a beach basher and not a racer.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

I'm JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I wish we had a indoor track still here. There were two but one the owner just shut it down(not sure why) and the other one was a a fair grounds and the owner of the fair grounds decided that it would be better for the community to use the space to store RV's and boats over the winter time. The track I race at in the picture is a nice track. Dirt and clay mixture. I love it! I wish I would have been into RC's while I was stationed in San Diego. I know there's a lot of tracks around SoCal and in NorCal too. I was a little bit but not like I am now. Mainly just a beach basher and not a racer.
LOL i know i get that alot
I used to run my slash 4x4 at a little local bash spot with some small dirt jumps. Then i noticed how lucky i am to have all there sweet indoor clay tracks around then decied to kick it up a notch and get into 1/8th scale racing with the vorza! Then about a couple months ago picked up Losi scte for the 1/10th scale indoor clay track like 15-20 away from my house. But dam i am spoiled LOL!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Tekno chassis lightens it up nicely!!!!!! I don't do much aluminum other than braces, shock towers, chassis and servo horn. Everything else I'm going to go with is all nylon or CF. Pretty much everything that comes stock aluminum I leave it that way.
are you running the 112 mm rear shocks ???
must need hop up IMO.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

LOL i know i get that alot
I used to run my slash 4x4 at a little local bash spot with some small dirt jumps. Then i noticed how lucky i am to have all there sweet indoor clay tracks around then decied to kick it up a notch and get into 1/8th scale racing with the vorza! Then about a couple months ago picked up Losi scte for the 1/10th scale indoor clay track like 15-20 away from my house. But dam i am spoiled LOL!
Yeah you are! There's not to many 1/8 scale tracks here. And the ones that are here are like a hour to 2 away. Mostly everyone races SC's, Sliders, and on road oval here. Kinda sucks! Thinking about getting a few 1/8 buddies together and seeing if we can get a place and build our own indoor track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.