Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ascari-A10
well IMO, the Vorza is a beast of toughness.. but definitely there are things which eventually you would need to change.. i cant tell you how it races when stock cos i actually did minor hopups to you..

1 thing you should take not is that the rear shock towers are too short for races.. it'll bottom out very easily.. i changed to some Caster shocks and works well without doing much and at a low cost.. if you've researched, the front and rear are dogbones.. not WCE shafts.. might wana consider changing those to prevent pop outs during ur races..

in my personal opinion.. you might also want to change out the ESC and motor.. a hobbywing combo would be more than enough.. would suggest 1st thing you get the car is to swap it out immediately.. i've faced problems with the electronics thats why.. BUT! 1 for sure.. the car is tough as heck.. love it..
PM sent
Old 03-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dagr
Interesting idea to put the outerwears shroud velcro on the outside of the chassis... is that how you were supposed to do it? lol, I put mine on the inside & crap still gets inside. Also, were the shockwears a pain in the a$$ to install? Mine were for some reason (I got the same color as yours btw, they look great!).
PM sent! dude, you can ask me anything, whenever!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigben1165
PM sent
PM sent
Old 03-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default ESC cooling fan

Has any1 had they esc fan stop working on the stock vorza esc?
What servo does everyone recommend over stock?Or whats the best period?
Im running 5-5-5 and the rearend seems real loose on the track.(its a clay track and im running caliber m3's)
Alsp what does everyone recommend for the shock oils? Thanks for all the help

Last edited by DanielD; 03-20-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Add more questions lol
Old 03-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DanielD
Has any1 had they esc fan stop working on the stock vorza esc?
What servo does everyone recommend over stock?Or whats the best period?
Im running 5-5-5 and the rearend seems real loose on the track.(its a clay track and im running caliber m3's)
Alsp what does everyone recommend for the shock oils? Thanks for all the help
Yes, I had a fan fail in the ESC. HPI replaced the entire ESC under warranty. Just email them about it.

I run 5-5-2 in mine and it works good. Same in my Ve8 and D8Te.

ben
Old 03-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by armourbl
Yes, I had a fan fail in the ESC. HPI replaced the entire ESC under warranty. Just email them about it.
ben
The fan stopped working last week so i pulled the esc apart and found the red wire coming off the fan was skinned to the bare wire so i put some heat shrink aroud it.It worked fine and worked great for the first battery today at the track then stopped working again all together.Does it run all the time as soon as you turn the buggy on or just when it gets to a certain degree's?
Since i pulled it apart they might not help me right?
Originally Posted by armourbl
I run 5-5-2 in mine and it works good. Same in my Ve8 and D8Te.ben
Does 2 in the rear make it looser?
Old 03-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

In theory, a lighter oil will allow the diff to diff action (or spin) easier. By allowing the rear diff to spin easier it will let more power go to the front wheels (if you have a heavier oil up front). That will let the front wheels pull the car to speed and as that happens the rear diff will start applying more power. That should make the back of the vehicle less likely to step out.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PorTX
In theory, a lighter oil will allow the diff to diff action (or spin) easier. By allowing the rear diff to spin easier it will let more power go to the front wheels (if you have a heavier oil up front). That will let the front wheels pull the car to speed and as that happens the rear diff will start applying more power. That should make the back of the vehicle less likely to step out.
Thanks imma change the rear ASAP!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

If you don't have time to change rear diff oil before the next track day. From what I understand (which is not much) you can shorten the rear camber links a little. By leaning the rear tires "in" at the top in might help a little.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PorTX
If you don't have time to change rear diff oil before the next track day. From what I understand (which is not much) you can shorten the rear camber links a little. By leaning the rear tires "in" at the top in might help a little.
I actually did that today at the track and it helped very little so im just gonna change the rear diff oil....in the mean time i need to find a servo with better response.I think the stock one is to slow.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

I actually did that today at the track and it helped very little so im just gonna change the rear diff oil....in the mean time i need to find a servo with better response.I think the stock one is to slow.
I have heard some say that about the servo. Guess it is all about what the driver likes. I have my steering EXP turned down so that it does not steer so fast! Holding the car up off the ground. I can turn the wheel on the radio and let go of the wheel, and watch the front wheels bounce as the wheel on the radio bounces. Guess most people have faster reflexes than me. I seem to be the only one turning the stock servo down.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

The fan stopped working last week so i pulled the esc apart and found the red wire coming off the fan was skinned to the bare wire so i put some heat shrink aroud it.It worked fine and worked great for the first battery today at the track then stopped working again all together.Does it run all the time as soon as you turn the buggy on or just when it gets to a certain degree's?
Since i pulled it apart they might not help me right?

you can also replace the fan from tower hobbies, they are like $6.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yep change the servo.. lols.. im using Futaba BLS451 brushless servo on my buggy.. no problems at all
Old 03-21-2011, 04:19 AM
Tech Regular

Arrrrggggghh..... couldn't keep up with the kyosho

same motor&esc but his with tekno chasis... felt like mine was a tank compared to his.. He had brakes like nitro cars too.. really cool...

However... my mods held up providing some consolation... haha no heat issues and CG wasn't an issue with the esc on top.

Ok changing to 5-5-3 next ...
Old 03-21-2011, 04:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johncjy
Arrrrggggghh..... couldn't keep up with the kyosho

same motor&esc but his with tekno chasis... felt like mine was a tank compared to his.. He had brakes like nitro cars too.. really cool...

However... my mods held up providing some consolation... haha no heat issues and CG wasn't an issue with the esc on top.

Ok changing to 5-5-3 next ...
bro, the vorza is very very heavy without the tekno conversion.. much heavier than alot of cars.. i have no idea why it is so heavy.. =/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.