Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone else feel this came out of left field?

You don't like the buggy, ok....then why post 1/2 page rants?

I've invited HPI to hop on to challenge your "not made by engineers" comment.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I drove mine only on outdoor tracks, both small and very large. I used the stock setup for a while, including the radio. I made some improvements I felt were necessary by upgrading the motor mount and radio. Later I upgraded the servo as well, and then later the dog bones to CVDs. All of these are things most people do to an RTR. I run on 3S, 4S and 6S. I have also run in parks, street, dirt lots riddled with rocks and debris, etc. I've jumped it further than most are willing to try with their own setups on very large tracks to the amazement of the onlooking crowd when it didn't break.

I even won a few club races and placed well in others against people who felt the Vorza had no place on the track. I changed the minds of a lot of people about the Vorza by simply driving it and doing well.

I have since moved on to a modified VE8 for racing, and shelved my Vorza roller in hopes of converting it to a 4x4 SC truck someday. Why, because I find it to be so damn durable that it will more than certainly live up to the punishment I plan to give it running in SC mode.

P.S. I've only been in RC for a year. I only say that to prove that even a rookie who is going to make a lot of mistakes did well with this buggy.

ben
Old 11-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HYDE16
Does anyone else feel this came out of left field?

You don't like the buggy, ok....then why post 1/2 page rants?

I've invited HPI to hop on to challenge your "not made by engineers" comment.
WHY? becaus a forum is about discussing user experiences, good and bad. which is why members have said "thanks for posting" in replies and messages.

it supplies people with readily available troubleshooting, buyer research, aftermarket part info, etc. all in one place, and a space to ask many people questions about anything they need clearification on or something that hasn't been mentioned.

i'm sure the dictionary definition says the same thing next to the word.

Inviting HPI, ok, yes i do invite HPI. i would certainly , infact i liked HPI on facebook and told them what i thought about their choice in materials first hand.

it's called feedback. nobody knows they made a mistake unless they get feedback. whether it's from your nervous system telling you that thing you just touched was HOT, or a customer saying hey, we're not happy and next time i'm probably gonna buy from your competition if you keep it up.

to go out of your way and supply a company with constructive critism shows you actually care about what you spend you money on(self-respect), that other people know that there MIGHT be someting better for they're hard earned cash(community), and finally that you actually care about if the company succeeds in the future(feedback).

1/2 pages because, half sentances can mean anything when they appear as only faceless text onpeople monitors around the world. 90% of communication is non-verbal (why emoticons are so popular).

i could have wrote "i hate my vorza out of the box"
all that does is create more questions... why? , what?, solution? and on and on.. so why not answer as many questions and supply the need information in the first place? seems logical.

------------
Originally Posted by armourbl
I drove mine only on outdoor tracks, both small and very large. I used the stock setup for a while, including the radio. I made some improvements I felt were necessary by upgrading the motor mount and radio. Later I upgraded the servo as well, and then later the dog bones to CVDs. All of these are things most people do to an RTR. I run on 3S, 4S and 6S. I have also run in parks, street, dirt lots riddled with rocks and debris, etc. I've jumped it further than most are willing to try with their own setups on very large tracks to the amazement of the onlooking crowd when it didn't break.

I even won a few club races and placed well in others against people who felt the Vorza had no place on the track. I changed the minds of a lot of people about the Vorza by simply driving it and doing well.

I have since moved on to a modified VE8 for racing, and shelved my Vorza roller in hopes of converting it to a 4x4 SC truck someday. Why, because I find it to be so damn durable that it will more than certainly live up to the punishment I plan to give it running in SC mode.

P.S. I've only been in RC for a year. I only say that to prove that even a rookie who is going to make a lot of mistakes did well with this buggy.

ben
HYDE16, this is an example of feedback. when HPI reads this they can see what works and what doesn't, what they should have done in the first place and what they can get away with keeping.. what options they have to provide in the future, what people got or want instead, .. . etc etc.. etc.

and if HPI doesn't read it, then the rest of the members and googlers can see that maybe i got a bad one, or maybe i'm a cooky ol' wacka-doo.
it lets people know that there will be more costs in addition, even though they're buying a "RTR" (maybe a kit will end up being cheaper)... it lets them draw their own conclusions and not what HPI's marketing dept. is telling them. because lets face it, no company will ever list the cons, only the pros and some BS too.

Cheers, eh.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi armourbl,

Which after market motor mount, servo and radio system have you upgraded to?

Originally Posted by armourbl

ben
Old 11-20-2010, 02:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Serious problem

Whenever i connect any of my second lipo to esc, it sparks at deans connector. I tried the other way round and it still sparks. Whats wrong?
Old 11-20-2010, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gikkoraj
Whenever i connect any of my second lipo to esc, it sparks at deans connector. I tried the other way round and it still sparks. Whats wrong?
Mine does that as well... figured its just the way it was...
Old 11-20-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dagr
Mine does that as well... figured its just the way it was...
Thanks Dagr.

I'm going to run with a pair of Turnigy 2s 5800 Mah 25C lipo.
So it means every time i connect my 2nd lipo to ESC deans connector either one, it will spark and i just continue plug in and run, is it?

Here is the example of video i've found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ljFjB1pwo

DOES ANYONE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS I'M FACING NOW?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by gikkoraj; 11-20-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

i watched vids of this thing on youtube... speechless... super fast and can take a beating!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gikkoraj
Thanks Dagr.

I'm going to run with a pair of Turnigy 2s 5800 Mah 25C lipo.
So it means every time i connect my 2nd lipo to ESC deans connector either one, it will spark and i just continue plug in and run, is it?

Here is the example of video i've found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ljFjB1pwo

DOES ANYONE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS I'M FACING NOW?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep... let me know if you figure something out regarding the spark.

Can you fit two 5800's in the battery tray? Those are pretty big batteries... I run two 5400 SMC's and they literally JUST fit exactly in the full size of the tray. I also have a large 6s 5100 that BARELY fits the tray.

The max combined size for the Vorza is 50mm (H), 51mm (W), 160mm (L). Hope this helps.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dagr
Yep... let me know if you figure something out regarding the spark.

Can you fit two 5800's in the battery tray? Those are pretty big batteries... I run two 5400 SMC's and they literally JUST fit exactly in the full size of the tray. I also have a large 6s 5100 that BARELY fits the tray.

The max combined size for the Vorza is 50mm (H), 51mm (W), 160mm (L). Hope this helps.
Both the lipos fits nicely into the tray and still got some space.
Pack Size: 150 x 49 x 19mm
More info at http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10285
Old 11-20-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

It is normal for the spark to happen. There are ways to prevent it, but as far as I know they are not possible with the stock ESC. Don't let it bother you. It isn't doing any harm.

I'm using the EliteRC motor mount from a D8/D8T. It it is perfect match to the Vorza and makes getting your gear mesh a lot easier. Pinion changes are also much easier. I also feel that the stock motor mount contributes to the pinion and spur wearing faster because as the chassis flexes it moves the motor and pinion alignment on the spur. Using the EliteRC mount, the motor and the center diff become one piece, and gear mesh can never change due to chassis flex.

I'm using a Hitec 7940 for my servo and I'm really happy with it. It is pricey and probably a bit overkill for a buggy, but I don't have to worrry about it being stressed out.

As for radio. I bought a used Airtronics M11 2.4Ghz system that came with two receivers and a LIPO battery. I now have about 7 RC cars and having a radio that has a lot of tuning features is a big benefit to me. Not to mention not having to deal with the troubles of AM frequency limitations.

ben
Old 11-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default im with ptv83

i have been reading this thread in and out since the vorza came out into the market and i have mostly seen people say how good they are and the setups they have ect.

i bought my truck off squirellod of youtube right when the vorza's came out into the market. i ran it for about 2 months here in the uk doing reasonably small jumps with it with absolutely no damage.

later on i few bigger jumps with it on dirt, a few jumps in i nose dive into a pile of dirt and thats when i realised the front shock tower had bent like cheese! and this was front a 2 meter high jump into soft dirt!

last week the rear shock tower completly cracked after landing on the wing resulting in a compltly useless shock tower and wing mount as the screws ripped right threw the wholes in the mount

in addition i have broken countless amount of tie rod ends from low speed roll overs!

i have to say though the vorza is a great buggy but it does have its fair share of problems; i know you can say the same for almost every buggy but with the vorza its getting quite excessive and the price for spares is mounting up in the hundreds

there are many other parts which have broken such as the rear body mount, dog bone, esc switch cover, countless shock ends, and a shock cap! not to mention the hundreds of screws which have stripped

price is a massive problem with the vorza, its retail price is high to start with and its spare parts are through the roof! i would understand the high retail price if the components were top notch but some of them are far from it; i have a friends who bash's with me and they have a hyper 7 brushless. they running the same electrics as me and there buggy cost half as much to build as the vorza. furthermore the components seem to be 100 times stronger and they have hardly any breakages. it seems like every time i run with them i am thinking of ways how to adapt parts from the hyper 7

i think all these problems mount up to one thing, that its based off the d8. dont get me wrong the d8 is a very good buggy and it does very well in the racing world but in the bashing world it just doesnt cut the mustard. since 80% of the parts on the vorza are based on the d8 it seems hpi development company didnt put much thought into the target market of the buggy (bashers) and didnt decided to upgrade any of the components.

here are some pictures of the damange i have had

here bashing videos with the vorza

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

are you serious? its a buggy man. if you want to bash the crap out of it at a skate park or on some insane jumps...you need a MT and you will have more fun and save a ton of money on parts. you should get the savage flux. same insane speed with the same electronics. just a chassis you can beat the hell out of it. especially if you put a few bucks into it.

Originally Posted by revo madnesss
i have been reading this thread in and out since the vorza came out into the market and i have mostly seen people say how good they are and the setups they have ect.

i bought my truck off squirellod of youtube right when the vorza's came out into the market. i ran it for about 2 months here in the uk doing reasonably small jumps with it with absolutely no damage. i like the video tho...skate parks are a blast.

later on i few bigger jumps with it on dirt, a few jumps in i nose dive into a pile of dirt and thats when i realised the front shock tower had bent like cheese! and this was front a 2 meter high jump into soft dirt!

last week the rear shock tower completly cracked after landing on the wing resulting in a compltly useless shock tower and wing mount as the screws ripped right threw the wholes in the mount

in addition i have broken countless amount of tie rod ends from low speed roll overs!

i have to say though the vorza is a great buggy but it does have its fair share of problems; i know you can say the same for almost every buggy but with the vorza its getting quite excessive and the price for spares is mounting up in the hundreds

there are many other parts which have broken such as the rear body mount, dog bone, esc switch cover, countless shock ends, and a shock cap! not to mention the hundreds of screws which have stripped

price is a massive problem with the vorza, its retail price is high to start with and its spare parts are through the roof! i would understand the high retail price if the components were top notch but some of them are far from it; i have a friends who bash's with me and they have a hyper 7 brushless. they running the same electrics as me and there buggy cost half as much to build as the vorza. furthermore the components seem to be 100 times stronger and they have hardly any breakages. it seems like every time i run with them i am thinking of ways how to adapt parts from the hyper 7

i think all these problems mount up to one thing, that its based off the d8. dont get me wrong the d8 is a very good buggy and it does very well in the racing world but in the bashing world it just doesnt cut the mustard. since 80% of the parts on the vorza are based on the d8 it seems hpi development company didnt put much thought into the target market of the buggy (bashers) and didnt decided to upgrade any of the components.

here are some pictures of the damange i have had

here bashing videos with the vorza

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hate to wade too deep in this thread because I don't own a Vorza. I've been racing a D8 for about a year and a half now. Maybe the shock towers on the Vorza are made of softer material than the D8; I don't know. But I've got to say, I think you guys having all these issues fall into the "user error" category. My buggy is TOUGH. In all the racing I've done with it, I could literally count the parts breakage I've had on one hand.

Here is some video of the track I raced at yesterday.

http://www.promofo-racing.org/River-Track-1.html
Old 11-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

LMAO!!

Bashing at a skate park, doing 15ft high jumps and landing on concrete and not saying its durable?

Sorry, most 1/8th buggies will break or bend something doing that sort of bashing. This is not just limited to the Vorza. If you want tough, tough, get a Savage Flux. If you want a buggy still but slightly more tougher than the Vorza, get a Losi 8ight. Nice video but you have got to be kidding me if you expect the buggy to come back in one piece after that abuse.

Not sure about the price over in the UK, but over here, the HB VE8, D8, Vorza are relatively inexpensive compared to most other buggies. The platform is definitely raceable. However, I will agree fit/finish is not up there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.