Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Front Axle Fits B4 And X - 6 Sq.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The racer's edge ones are alum, but not nearly as weak as the ae ones. Lunsford makes a Ti front axle but, it still uses a nut.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

FYI-

Lunsford makes this exact same thing in titanium.

They just came out a few weeks ago. I'm not sure what the price is though.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

"tested" mine at the last MORL race here in michigan this weekend and they worked great, that is to say after about a 15' high air in the main the car landed front end down and there not broke!
Old 09-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teambighead
FYI-

Lunsford makes this exact same thing in titanium.

They just came out a few weeks ago. I'm not sure what the price is though.
Here's a pic.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXRH7&P=7
Old 09-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just installed my new axles today just about as quick as i could after getting it out of the package. Top quality piece and when side to side with the AE FT blues they look almost identical in fitment.

Just 1 complaint though...

7.50 for shipping???? CMon Xfactory, it said on the package it cost you 88 cents to ship! I guess you guys gotta make money any way you can get it.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Overall we lose money on shipping. The number of packages that go out where our cost for the postage is 50% more than what we charge would astound you. Wayboarder, I think you have forgotten the cost of the packaging and the labor to do it + labor and gas to take it to the post office.

We could program the shopping cart to charge different rates for different stuff. It's a hassle, but we could do it. We'd have to weigh every part we sell plus all the carious boxes, then manually enter it all, plus different rates for every region of the U.S., not to mention different to every country. Frankly, Wayboarder, it's too much for me to contemplate, and I've got lots of other things to do, like work to come up with cool new stuph for you!

So, instead, we set simple rates that anybody can understand. And, we set the rates so if you order a second item, any item, shipping for that item is very low. The two average out to just a little over half for each one.

Then, if you order three or more items, any items, shipping on the third and up items is FREE. So the cost of shipping plunges the more items you order.

You are right, however. Every now and then we get an order for one small item that we can slip into a first class envelope. You get even faster service that way and we save a buck. Come back and shop with us again -- you'll likely wind up ahead of the game next time and it will even out.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jeez, no thanks for offsetting your shipping costs...
Old 09-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wayboarder
Just installed my new axles today just about as quick as i could after getting it out of the package. Top quality piece and when side to side with the AE FT blues they look almost identical in fitment.

Just 1 complaint though...

7.50 for shipping???? CMon Xfactory, it said on the package it cost you 88 cents to ship! I guess you guys gotta make money any way you can get it.
HERE'S A THOUGHT - SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HOBBY SHOP!, YOU SAY THEY DON'T CARRY X-FACTORY - TELL THEM TOO!!! (just thinking ahead as that's im sure what you'll say).

P.s. I have no affiliation with them, matter of fact I dont see the point on spending $180.00 extra on my B4 to buy there x6 conversion, however I do have these axles and so far there great!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by msedsp
HERE'S A THOUGHT - SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HOBBY SHOP!, YOU SAY THEY DON'T CARRY X-FACTORY - TELL THEM TOO!!! (just thinking ahead as that's im sure what you'll say).

P.s. I have no affiliation with them, matter of fact I dont see the point on spending $180.00 extra on my B4 to buy there x6 conversion, however I do have these axles and so far there great!
I dont support my local hobby shop, I support my local track. Off-topic, but please check out the post i made about this in the new buggys of 2010.

Axles are great though
Old 09-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wayboarder
I dont support my local hobby shop, I support my local track. Off-topic, but please check out the post i made about this in the new buggys of 2010.

Axles are great though
In that post you complain about no support, I see chazz once a month at the local races, the reason you probably don't seem to see the support is all location, x-factory is a ohio based company, and the guys are all over in michigan and ohio. one of my buddies runs for them and has great support, heck I even saw chazz spend a tremendous amount of time with a kid who was running his x-60 for the first time this weekend, not a sponsored driver mind you, just a customer who had his full attention as he wanted to make sure he was happy. Chazz also is the first person you'll see when you get off the drivers stand if you are running one of his cars, he helps every driver take there cars to tech, takes there radios so they can go out to marshall, etc... so, don't jump to conclusions before you ask the whole story.

P.S. still can't see spending $180.00 on a conversion kit. But who knows, we'll see what next year brings.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by msedsp
In that post you complain about no support, I see chazz once a month at the local races, the reason you probably don't seem to see the support is all location, x-factory is a ohio based company, and the guys are all over in michigan and ohio. one of my buddies runs for them and has great support, heck I even saw chazz spend a tremendous amount of time with a kid who was running his x-60 for the first time this weekend, not a sponsored driver mind you, just a customer who had his full attention as he wanted to make sure he was happy. Chazz also is the first person you'll see when you get off the drivers stand if you are running one of his cars, he helps every driver take there cars to tech, takes there radios so they can go out to marshall, etc... so, don't jump to conclusions before you ask the whole story.

P.S. still can't see spending $180.00 on a conversion kit. But who knows, we'll see what next year brings.
nm, ill just pm ya, no sense in clouding a thread about a great product.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

I think that's appropriate, Wayboarder.

I do want to say this to everybody: Please support your LHS. He's the guy who knows the solution to your problem and can physically show you right there. He has usually invested most of his life's savings into his store and your patronage is crucial to keeping the doors open.

And if you want to ask your LHS to carry X Factory, that will be a + for all three of us!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by YoungChazz
Overall we lose money on shipping. The number of packages that go out where our cost for the postage is 50% more than what we charge would astound you. Wayboarder, I think you have forgotten the cost of the packaging and the labor to do it + labor and gas to take it to the post office.

We could program the shopping cart to charge different rates for different stuff. It's a hassle, but we could do it. We'd have to weigh every part we sell plus all the carious boxes, then manually enter it all, plus different rates for every region of the U.S., not to mention different to every country. Frankly, Wayboarder, it's too much for me to contemplate, and I've got lots of other things to do, like work to come up with cool new stuph for you!

So, instead, we set simple rates that anybody can understand. And, we set the rates so if you order a second item, any item, shipping for that item is very low. The two average out to just a little over half for each one.

Then, if you order three or more items, any items, shipping on the third and up items is FREE. So the cost of shipping plunges the more items you order.

You are right, however. Every now and then we get an order for one small item that we can slip into a first class envelope. You get even faster service that way and we save a buck. Come back and shop with us again -- you'll likely wind up ahead of the game next time and it will even out.

all i have to say to that is BS! Thats just a Joke right? LOL
Old 09-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

If we had spent about $5.00 for the postage and sent it to Wayboarder via parcel post, he would have received his axles in 4 - 5 days and probably would not have said anything.

Instead, we tried for a two-fer. Using first class mail Wayboarder's axles showed up in 2-3 days and we saved a whopping $4.00.

Wayboarder got his parts very quickly at exactly the price he expected.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Some people are just never happy... I love the fast shipping myself,and dont mind paying for it either.
Keep up the good work guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.