Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Originally Posted by Manatarms25
So what do you guys think about the Monster chassis ? is it a worthy investment in handling
I'll let you know after racing on Sunday. The only thing I know so far is the layout is very clean. I like the way the servo is mounted and it seems very balanced. I also just added D8 shocks so this is going to take some time to dial in.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

anyone? on the sc10 bumper replacement.. is it a bolt on or mod needed.. if so can someone lead me in the right direction.. Thanks
Old 04-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

When using the HB D8 shocks, does it matter if they are the Hara edition? Is there any difference?
Old 04-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
When using the HB D8 shocks, does it matter if they are the Hara edition? Is there any difference?
The hara rears are a bit longer.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnelson214
anyone? on the sc10 bumper replacement.. is it a bolt on or mod needed.. if so can someone lead me in the right direction.. Thanks
Its a slight mod. You need to gut it some in the top area where it will mount to your shock tower. Its a simple mod and you will see what needs to be done as you start to bolt it up.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

You will need to drill two holes on the bumper to line up with the two front screws on the bottom of the chassis. Flatten the new bumper out and get it as close to the hinge pin retainer as you can. On the top I drilled out the two screw holes that go through the shock tower and installed long screws from the back. These two screw holes do not line up with the upper bracket of the sc10 bumper so you will need to cut the plastic between the the screw mounts on the upper bracket of the bumper. Sorry I cant send pics, I'm at work.
Good Luck!
P.S. this bumper is bullet proof. Also the four bolts used to put the bumper together, I drilled through ,made them longer and backed them up with nuts.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Has there been anyone that found a better o-ring for the stock shocks to keep them from leaking?
If not, can I run the stock shock towers with the D8 shocks?
Old 04-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jaybird95
You will need to drill two holes on the bumper to line up with the two front screws on the bottom of the chassis. Flatten the new bumper out and get it as close to the hinge pin retainer as you can. On the top I drilled out the two screw holes that go through the shock tower and installed long screws from the back. These two screw holes do not line up with the upper bracket of the sc10 bumper so you will need to cut the plastic between the the screw mounts on the upper bracket of the bumper. Sorry I cant send pics, I'm at work.
Good Luck!
P.S. this bumper is bullet proof. Also the four bolts used to put the bumper together, I drilled through ,made them longer and backed them up with nuts.
THanks for the info...

Next question.. The steering bellcrank system is stock in my truck.. I am having trouble with it sticking when turned left going to nuetral. it has a deffinate hesitation before going back to nuetral. I has changed bearings to acer bearings allready but now I think maybe i need to go aluminum... the jammin are pretty expensive but the strc have crappy reviews... any one have same issue they have corrected?

THanks again...
Old 04-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

THanks for the info...

Next question.. The steering bellcrank system is stock in my truck.. I am having trouble with it sticking when turned left going to nuetral. it has a deffinate hesitation before going back to nuetral. I has changed bearings to acer bearings allready but now I think maybe i need to go aluminum... the jammin are pretty expensive but the strc have crappy reviews... any one have same issue they have corrected?

THanks again...
The first release of the STRC bellcranks had issues but they fixed them. I have them on my Jammin and they are way better than the stock system. You have to get it.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly
The first release of the STRC bellcranks had issues but they fixed them. I have them on my Jammin and they are way better than the stock system. You have to get it.
THank you.. I see on the STRC website they said with updated top shaft.. Ill order it up tomorrow..
Old 04-10-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Regular

THank you.. I see on the STRC website they said with updated top shaft.. Ill order it up tomorrow..
+1 I"ve been running the strc setup for over 8 months with no problem. When I recieved it it came with two upper portions of the servo saver, run the bigger one and you'll be ok.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1day
Has there been anyone that found a better o-ring for the stock shocks to keep them from leaking?
If not, can I run the stock shock towers with the D8 shocks?
You can in the rear but the front you will need a taller tower.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joelwhite
The hara rears are a bit longer.
So can I use them or would you recommend the regular ones?
Old 04-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 179 (99%+)

Originally Posted by jaybird95
You can in the rear but the front you will need a taller tower.
Stupid question,

I need two fronts or two rears, or normal front and rear?

Also what springs, piston, fluid and location is everyone running?

I just picked up a Nexx 10 SC, love it but the front shocks especially are a joke.

Gonna by the Carbon Jammin towers and would like to get the best damping system I can get.

Thank you
Old 04-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly
What issues were fixed? You referring to the breakage, because there are other issues.

http://photos.alabamarockcrawlers.co...T/100_6728.JPG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.