Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
I know of the Hyper 10SC thread, the front Losi 8 shocks are the same length at the stock Hyper shocks. But I don't know in relation to the Jammin.
Overall length of the SCRT shocks center to center is 75mm front and 105mm rear.

Losi 8ight buggy shocks are 95mm front and 110mm rear.

I know Jammin 13mm buggy front shocks are about 115mm. I am considering using these front and rear on the SCRT, with a rear shock tower in the front. I have a feeling 13mm would be the perfect size for this truck. I think the losi 15mm shocks are too big for it.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I finally got a set of Slash front wheels (3-4mm wider than the rears) and I mounted them on my Jammin. Here are some pictures comparing it to a Slash PE 4x4. The jammin is still about 3/8 of an inch narrower than the Slash, when using the stock Jammin wheels it was almost an inch narrower, so the new track width is an improvement and coupled with the lower cg of the Jammin this should not be an issue. Also I am using an Associated SC10 body and it fits perfectly.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tilden
what size on pinion with 5700KV? what temp? in 10 minutes?
11t seems about perfect 65*f ambient, motor and esc. come off about 120* to 130*f make sure to temp you motor and esc often on first run, just because this setup works for me @ our track doesnt mean it will do exactly the same for you.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey jamminkrazy you should come to classic rc raceway in akron sat. morn. new layout so you wont be at any disadvantage. nice place, we had 2 heats 2 weeks ago. there are a few realy fast guys there if they all come. think rob m. w/ a 4wd corr. sounds like he might show up there too.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cbrociuos
hey jamminkrazy you should come to classic rc raceway in akron sat. morn. new layout so you wont be at any disadvantage. nice place, we had 2 heats 2 weeks ago. there are a few realy fast guys there if they all come. think rob m. w/ a 4wd corr. sounds like he might show up there too.
I think I am taking this weekend off to get all ready and packed up for Motorama otherwise I would.

Just killing some time here, so I started playing with the front shock mounting. It seems like middle upper hole on the tower and inner on the arm provides the most droop, while still allowing the chassis to bottom out before the shocks do. Should help out some. I had been running the outer hole on the arm, but the shocks are really to short for that. It's still not ideal with them in the inner hole, but should at least be an improvement. I still need to decide what solution I want to take. I'm not sure what shocks I want to go with yet.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

i think im on the inner on the arm and inner upper on the tower. that was the last setup i tried, it felt good w/o the sway bar. but that was on a small dry (frozen actually) indoor track w/ alot of loose dirt on top. think outdoor in august not watered, that was the conditions except the low temp. i may have to change for classic sat. its a clay; fairly high bite track.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

ill be back @ classic in two weeks, i get my two girls every other weekend. where do you run at mccullages? i know thats not spelled ,even close to right.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

i think im on the inner on the arm and inner upper on the tower. that was the last setup i tried, it felt good w/o the sway bar. but that was on a small dry (frozen actually) indoor track w/ alot of loose dirt on top. think outdoor in august not watered, that was the conditions except the low temp. i may have to change for classic sat. its a clay; fairly high bite track.
I tried that position and it seemed to me that the middle upper hole actually had a tad more droop. I can't say for sure as I didn't measure it. Mostly just messing around with it to see what I could come up with. I am still thinking longer shocks are the answer.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

ill be back @ classic in two weeks, i get my two girls every other weekend. where do you run at mccullages? i know thats not spelled ,even close to right.
Yeah I run at McCullough's. We were supposed to have an electric trophy race here last weekend, but the two feet of snow and power outages killed that. It is probably going to be rescheduled for the end of this month or sometime in March. The last one we had, had over 100 entries.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Yeah I run at McCullough's. We were supposed to have an electric trophy race here last weekend, but the two feet of snow and power outages killed that. It is probably going to be rescheduled for the end of this month or sometime in March. The last one we had, had over 100 entries.
ive heard they have a nice track, maybe some weekend ill get some people togather and make the trip out.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

People that talk about front shock issues. Anyone know what C. Bradley is running? Im pretty sure its stock, right? So these shock issues people are reffering to, are you guys bashers or racers?
Old 02-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

ive heard they have a nice track, maybe some weekend ill get some people togather and make the trip out.
We do have a nice track. It's small, but nice. Hard packed clay that is usually very tacky.

Originally Posted by portyansky
People that talk about front shock issues. Anyone know what C. Bradley is running? Im pretty sure its stock, right? So these shock issues people are reffering to, are you guys bashers or racers?
I assume he is running stock shocks but don't know for sure. It's not so much of an issue as it is something we are looking to improve on. The stock shocks work just fine, and the truck handles great out of the box. It's really just something we are trying to improve. I'm a racer BTW.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by portyansky
He is running different shocks on the front from what I read on S-grid but they didnt say what.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazysavage
He is running different shocks on the front from what I read on S-grid but they didnt say what.
I was told he was running buggy shocks....but don't know if that is true or not.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
I was told he was running buggy shocks....but don't know if that is true or not.
He is probably running the 13mm shocks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.