Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Soldering Lipos....?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yup, might end up placing an order if these two blow up in my face. The first one seems to work fine, so I'm hopefull that once I get the solder to stick I'll be good to go. I plan to call Ace and Radio Shack to see if they have what I need locally. I would just order the stuff, but I want the pack for this weekend's race. I also spent about 20 minutes cleaning and trying to find a way to sneak a comm stick in this Slash Titan motor. I'm not trying to make it faster, just run right. It seems awful slow. I made sure I've got the ESC on the right program. It still seems pretty slow though...
Old 07-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Have you tried the motor dip method? I've got 2 Titans... I can loan you one this week if you need it.

Jay
Old 07-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pyro18t
Have you tried the motor dip method? I've got 2 Titans... I can loan you one this week if you need it.

Jay
Not yet. We ran it onthe ICE charger to see the amp draw. It pulled 2.9 amps @ 7.2 volts. That's down from 3.6 when we started. All I did was clean and re oil it. I plan to buy that one at B&T and try it, see if it'll dyno better. Then I can use it for the main! LOL, this totally reminds me of the old 19T electric touring days. We'd spend hours trying to squeeze every last ounce of power from the Chameleons...hehe

Does anyone know the brand name of the solder that sticks to weird alloys and comes in a tube, like glue?
Old 07-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Guys, I'm not having any luck finding Zinc solder here locally. I would order it, but I'm not sure it will work, or that I can use it. Is that the only stuff that will stick to the lipo tabs? I can't find any liquid solder that will work either. Every place I call acts like I'm trying to re-invent the wheel...
Old 07-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Well guys, an internal search within RC Tech yielded nothing. A Google search got me this:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...batteries.html
Old 07-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim
Guys, I'm not having any luck finding Zinc solder here locally. I would order it, but I'm not sure it will work, or that I can use it. Is that the only stuff that will stick to the lipo tabs? I can't find any liquid solder that will work either. Every place I call acts like I'm trying to re-invent the wheel...
just order the stuff I linked you to...
Old 07-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by whitrzac
just order the stuff I linked you to...
I may end up doing that if I can't find any locally. I figured if I can get away with bumming some for free, it'd be far easier than ordering a bunch of stuff I'll use just once. Thanks for the help though.