Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MAX AMPS - 30C Lipo 6500 4S2P 14.8V Battery Pack

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default MAX AMPS - 30C Lipo 6500 4S2P 14.8V Battery Pack

Does anyone know what these Lipo's are like.
I have a Truggy 2.0E with Mamba 2200kv Combo and I'm looking at getting another battery compared to Losi's 14.8volt batteries.
Has anyone had problems with these batteries and do they work well with Mamba?

Thanks for any help.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Why not buy the best?

http://web.me.com/sneu/page12/page12.html
Old 06-15-2009, 05:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
What are they like compared to the Losi Lipo's? I only have Losi 14.8volt lipos at the moment.
They look like a good price and they should be good for Mamba as I's using the Mamba motor. NEU are the same company aren't they?
Old 06-15-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Colin8ight-E
What are they like compared to the Losi Lipo's? I only have Losi 14.8volt lipos at the moment.
They look like a good price and they should be good for Mamba as I's using the Mamba motor. NEU are the same company aren't they?
Yes, it is the same NEU, the NEU batteries are of the highest quality. Give Castle a call to get their feedback on them. There are a lot of good batteries on the market. But the NEU is by far one the highest quality going. SMC is my second choice, and they do have 4S on the market now.

For anything larger than 2S I only buy NEU's though.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
Yes, it is the same NEU, the NEU batteries are of the highest quality. Give Castle a call to get their feedback on them. There are a lot of good batteries on the market. But the NEU is by far one the highest quality going. SMC is my second choice, and they do have 4S on the market now.

For anything larger than 2S I only buy NEU's though.
Thanks for your advise.
If Castle are willing to back them up they must be good as it'll be used with there Electrics.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Colin8ight-E
Does anyone know what these Lipo's are like.
I have a Truggy 2.0E with Mamba 2200kv Combo and I'm looking at getting another battery compared to Losi's 14.8volt batteries.
Has anyone had problems with these batteries and do they work well with Mamba?

Thanks for any help.
What kind of run time do you get with your mamba 2200? And how hot does your motor temp at? What gearing do you have
Old 06-16-2009, 12:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by chevydc44
What kind of run time do you get with your mamba 2200? And how hot does your motor temp at? What gearing do you have

I'm getting about 20 mins out of a race on a medium carpet track.
The temps don't get higher then 80 degrees C, I run the standard losi gearing (16 tooth pinion and 45 tooth spur gear).
Old 06-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I know someone who uses these packs and they work quite well last time we raced together. He uses these in an RC8 and RC8T Tekno conversion.

He also has the 5250 packs as well.

If the cost however is an issue for you, you may want to look into other packs like has been suggested here. I personally run PolyRC packs right now from RClipos which use enerland cells.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

While your talking to Castle just ask them about our packs. The RND team and several of their staff actually race with our packs. Also be sure to check out our membership discount program and available extended warranty. No one offers what we do for support or selection.

http://www.maxamps.com/membership.php

http://www.maxamps.com/warranty.php
Old 06-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps
No one offers what we do for support or selection.
MA does offer a good selection. I can't comment on their support as I don't use their packs.

What they don't offer is affordability, why are MA so expensive?

Other manufactures offer packs that are equal in performance, some offer better performance for less and that is the reason I run them.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Crawler
MA does offer a good selection. I can't comment on their support as I don't use their packs.

What they don't offer is affordability, why are MA so expensive?

Other manufactures offer packs that are equal in performance, some offer better performance for less and that is the reason I run them.
Well what do you know.........Hey DEZFAN can't rip on us over at RCC or RCShortcourse and Midwest anymore so you now have to bring your little battle here to RC Tech. Nice. That pretty lame considering your a moderator for Jason's sites. Not really behavior a moderator should be taking part in. I would guess you decided to do this seeing my post was put back up at RC Shortcourse. If your going to spout stuff here you might want to get the facts straight. No other company out there builds your packs fresh when you order. We get the cells in every 3 weeks and nothing is put together until you order it and then they ship usually with in 24 to 48 hours of the order time. We also are the only ones building the packs here in the US. So warranty issues are handled very fast. No waiting 3 to4 weeks for a pack to ship back to China. That is if you can get them to respond to a warranty issue. But the best part of your little comment is the fact that you say and I quote " I don't use their packs." Ok How can you honestly support your last comment and I Quote " Other manufactures offer packs that are equal in performance, some offer better performance for less and that is the reason I run them." Oh yeah if your worried about the price look into our membership program. A member can get up to 20% off any item we sell. with a good discount level a lot of our packs are even cheaper than others.

Hmm seems to me that you don't have any data to back your statement.

Take care, I'll see ya at www.RCCrawler.com and www.RCShortcourse.com

Jason
Old 06-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I hope you don't blast your customers like that. It doesn't sound like you're very friendly at all.

Can you explain how a member can get up to 20% off?

I'm registered but, it only shows 5% and when I add everything to my cart and go to checkout, it shows nothing?

Appreciate any clarification.

Tim

Well what do you know.........Hey DEZFAN can't rip on us over at RCC or RCShortcourse and Midwest anymore so you now have to bring your little battle here to RC Tech. Nice. That pretty lame considering your a moderator for Jason's sites. Not really behavior a moderator should be taking part in. I would guess you decided to do this seeing my post was put back up at RC Shortcourse. If your going to spout stuff here you might want to get the facts straight. No other company out there builds your packs fresh when you order. We get the cells in every 3 weeks and nothing is put together until you order it and then they ship usually with in 24 to 48 hours of the order time. We also are the only ones building the packs here in the US. So warranty issues are handled very fast. No waiting 3 to4 weeks for a pack to ship back to China. That is if you can get them to respond to a warranty issue. But the best part of your little comment is the fact that you say and I quote " I don't use their packs." Ok How can you honestly support your last comment and I Quote " Other manufactures offer packs that are equal in performance, some offer better performance for less and that is the reason I run them." Oh yeah if your worried about the price look into our membership program. A member can get up to 20% off any item we sell. with a good discount level a lot of our packs are even cheaper than others.

Jason
Old 06-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
I hope you don't blast your customers like that. It doesn't sound like you're very friendly at all.

Can you explain how a member can get up to 20% off?

I'm registered but, it only shows 5% and when I add everything to my cart and go to checkout, it shows nothing?

Appreciate any clarification.

Tim

No I don't treat my customers like that. He's a moderator at another site that feels he needs to continually bash on us. He no longer does it at the other sites but I see he decided to try his luck here. And as he stated he doesn't use our products.

As for your discount level you start at 5% off when you register. Once you place an order over $100.00 while logged into your account you will then get bumped to the 10% discount level. Once you place and order with us for $500.00 or more you will then get bumped up to the 15% discount level. Then last If you then place an order over $1000.00 you get to the 20% level.

Just make sure your logged into your account when you order. The prices you see will already have your current discount level taken out.

I hope that clears things up for you. If not let me know.

Jason
Old 06-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I put your explanation to test and it doesn't hold true.

I built an order with a 4S, dean's plug, TP balance, built in skin while not logged in and it came to $250.47. I then built the same exact order while signed in and it came up to $238.47. A 10% discount on $250.47 should come up to $225.42.

Am I doing something wrong?

As for your discount level you start at 5% off when you register. Once you place an order over $100.00 while logged into your account you will then get bumped to the 10% discount level. Once you place and order with us for $500.00 or more you will then get bumped up to the 15% discount level. Then last If you then place an order over $1000.00 you get to the 20% level.

Just make sure your logged into your account when you order. The prices you see will already have your current discount level taken out.

I hope that clears things up for you. If not let me know.

Jason
Old 06-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jason
Who's bashing?

I simply asked a question. Why are your packs so much more expensive?

As for RC Short Course, I didn't bash you there either. I was doing my duty as a Mod. After the situation was cleared up and you had your Vendors Star, I PMed you and wished you luck. It's only in your mind that I was "ripping" you.

As for the performance question, instead of spouting off all of this marketing BS, why don't you post up the evidence and show us just how great your products are? I have done much research on the subject and I have seen the data logs posted that point to a conclusion quite different from your statements. Like I have explained to you multiple times, I am free to spend my money wherever I see fit. I choose not to support MA (mainly because of your attitude) and when asked for Lipo suggestions, I offer my opinion based on my research.

Sorry it gets your panties in such a wad.

Have a nice day.

Joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.