Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Ernest Provetti (Trinity founder) in the midst of a national uproar!!!!!! >

Ernest Provetti (Trinity founder) in the midst of a national uproar!!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ernest Provetti (Trinity founder) in the midst of a national uproar!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Looks to me like he was excited after hitting the game winning shot and running back towards his bench. He went around the ref, towards the sideline not expecting the kid to be there. Looks like he did all he could not to run the kid over and seriously hurt him. I think Ernie is making a bigger deal out of this than it was. Seems totally accidental to me and appears that the player "pushed" the kid to avoid seriously hurting him by running him over.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

****PRESS RELEASE****

New from Team Epic....the Child Sack!

The perfect addition to your Team Epic Lipo Sack, for the ultimate in protection!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

"Provetti said his son had to dive into his courtside seat to get out of the way"

Why was he out of his seat? Sounds like Ernie and his son should be banned from all NBA games if they are not going to stay in seats where it is safe.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Watch the video closely (1:19 to 1:25). The kid was turned away from the court when the contact occured and never lost his balance. He was still solidly on his feet when the player was at midcourt. No diving to the seat occured.

Pay attention and stay out of the players way when sitting on the front row.

Geez
Old 05-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Man jealousy is a drug on the internet.

While it wasn't a big deal it did look like he unnecessarily pushed the kid. I'm sure the papers like to sensationalize thing a bit, and Ernie loves to be dramatic with his words.

I think it's funny to see Ernie on ESPN, funnier that all the babies here are jealous of his success.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekB
I think it's funny to see Ernie on ESPN, funnier that all the babies here are jealous of his success.

A little but kissing going on over here?

his success has nothing to do with it, but being that he has money he thinks that gives him the right to make things go his way. The kid drifted out toward the side line because he made the shot and his team lost (he was a little sad that they lost), then Davis just moved the kid out of the way, as he was drifting into the way. Most people would be like hey why did you do that, but then not worry about it as it isn't a big deal. I move people out of my like that every now and then, and it has never caused a big deal once they realize what is going on.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Legend

While it wasn't a big deal it did look like he unnecessarily pushed the kid. I'm sure the papers like to sensationalize thing a bit, and Ernie loves to be dramatic with his words.

+ 1
Old 05-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

all I have to say is ...FAIL
Old 05-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by carbon madness
A little but kissing going on over here?

his success has nothing to do with it, but being that he has money he thinks that gives him the right to make things go his way. The kid drifted out toward the side line because he made the shot and his team lost (he was a little sad that they lost), then Davis just moved the kid out of the way, as he was drifting into the way. Most people would be like hey why did you do that, but then not worry about it as it isn't a big deal. I move people out of my like that every now and then, and it has never caused a big deal once they realize what is going on.

Why do you think money has anything to do with it? Because he has it doesn't mean he feels that way. I'm not kissing his ass, I like ernie and UNLIKE all the people on here that call him fat or ugly, make fun of his son (post your pics before call names...) I know Ernie and unlike the BS people who never met him make up shit about him. I don't agree with Ernie on everything, and I don't kiss his ass...you can ask him about that one.

But the entire thread is a jealous argument that brings up money first. He didn't say anything about money in the papers, all he asked for was an apology. The papers made it a bigger thing with their headlines. People here made it about money. He wasn't drifting, he ran around the backside of the ref (didn't shove him) and came back onto the court and pushed off. Horrible? No. A little bit unnecessary...yes. More so because it was in an emotional Magic crowd. If it was in Boston, he could have blown the people on the court.

As I stated the shove wasn't as bad as the headline, but in watching it, I do see where it looks like he could have just ran buy, he reached around and pushed off.

I can't help but think of Curb Your Enthusiasm when Larry trips Shaq...lol.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

10-4
Old 05-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Why do you think money has anything to do with it? Because he has it doesn't mean he feels that way. I'm not kissing his ass, I like ernie and UNLIKE all the people on here that call him fat or ugly, make fun of his son (post your pics before call names...) I know Ernie and unlike the BS people who never met him make up shit about him. I don't agree with Ernie on everything, and I don't kiss his ass...you can ask him about that one.

But the entire thread is a jealous argument that brings up money first. He didn't say anything about money in the papers, all he asked for was an apology. The papers made it a bigger thing with their headlines. People here made it about money. He wasn't drifting, he ran around the backside of the ref (didn't shove him) and came back onto the court and pushed off. Horrible? No. A little bit unnecessary...yes. More so because it was in an emotional Magic crowd. If it was in Boston, he could have blown the people on the court.

As I stated the shove wasn't as bad as the headline, but in watching it, I do see where it looks like he could have just ran buy, he reached around and pushed off.

Yea but that's not the point, it's the point of someone crying like a bitch in the public spotlight. He wants an apology cause he's a doosh, that guy is a famous basketball player and he wants to exploit him because of who he is. Thats why ernie p gets a FAIL.

seriously maybe if the kid had sustained a injury but he didn't. This is the attitude that messes this country up.

Trinity BL motors suck. I want an apology.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

well said derek....these guys call ernie names, well look at all the whining on this thread......

unbelievable
Old 05-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Trinity BL motors suck. I want an apology.
That does bring up a good question. Would he do the same if one of his products "hurt" someone? I know customer service has never been a strong trait of Trinity.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

pretty funny i was watching the game and had to rewind it a few times and got a good laugh...but i had no idea who the kid was...
Old 05-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If you think it was on purpose or a stiff arm, try video taping yourself running.

I bet your arms move back and forth and that's exactly what happened.

He was running, sidestepped the ref and the boy was pushed be the natural swinging motion of his arm. He didn't look at the boy and change the swing of his arm to push him, it's very obvious from the tape.

What a joke that anyone would think any differently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.