Search

saw my first sc10 in action

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myrxseven
+1

Sadly these conversations are not even close to being over, only a short time till Losi's CORR truck is released.
You must have some insider info, I asked the losi guys at one of the R/C shows in Cali and asked him if I should wait for their version of a corr truck or just go ahead an a purchase an SC10, his reply was its not even in the works not even on the drawing board and this was only a month or two back.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myrxseven
+1

Sadly these conversations are not even close to being over, only a short time till Losi's CORR truck is released.
+1
+1
+1!!!!!!!!

YES PLEASE!!!!!
My SC10 is god send comared to my Slash, but the SC10 will be up for sale when the Losi(SCX-T???) is out.
SCT Racing is about to get much hotter.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KidAgain
You must have some insider info, I asked the losi guys at one of the R/C shows in Cali and asked him if I should wait for their version of a corr truck or just go ahead an a purchase an SC10, his reply was its not even in the works not even on the drawing board and this was only a month or two back.
well sounds like losi can just sit back and miss out on allllll the sales they are missing out on. ae has done quite well with the release of the sc10. i would love to see hpi do a corr truck based on that ultra solid e firestorm chassis ya know rtr with a flux system.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

i cannot wait for more companies to release their offerings in the SCT class. makes me sad though...as soon as i see that losi or hpi release one i will have to sell my slash. i assume the hpi one will be like the sc10 and be based off the firestorm.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

+1 to Apples and Oranges.

Our local track has a SLASH spec class, therefore no SC10s. So they go into the open Truck class, where they get totally taken by T4s and other stadium trucks. I'm certainly not about to compare slashes to sc10's, because I don't have to at the moment.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rammstein88
i cannot wait for more companies to release their offerings in the SCT class. makes me sad though...as soon as i see that losi or hpi release one i will have to sell my slash. i assume the hpi one will be like the sc10 and be based off the firestorm.

That's what I have heard, based on the Firestorm. Not sure about the Flux system, but you never know!

As for selling the Slash, you can always throw a over the top brushless motor and a 3S lipo! That is were the Slash truely shines!
Old 05-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

i was thinking that kyosho had one but, then i looked and it was nitro, which is there DRT, they could just make an electric version right?
Old 05-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rammstein88
Can't wait to see more...ie LOSI!!!!

Can't sell the SLASH though it's still king of the trails near my house!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OOPS! i wasnt trying to start a comparrison war and i'm not biased towards any brand,my slash was a surprise gift from my wife but if she had told me to pick one or the other and from what i saw at the races and remember this was all on a smooth pavement blown and sprayed i would have to pick the sc10 and it still drove i think more like a real corr truck,it still leaned but not as ridiculously as the slash did,watching real corr trucks race they are pretty planted and dont have a lot of body role than you think.We all have are slashes pretty dialed and dont role over for this track but this sc10 sorry to upset slash lovers was plain better handling and a few slash guys kept trying to put him in the wall,some succeeded but others ended up crashing out trying to do so.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by little_sister
+1 to Apples and Oranges.

Our local track has a SLASH spec class, therefore no SC10s. So they go into the open Truck class, where they get totally taken by T4s and other stadium trucks. I'm certainly not about to compare slashes to sc10's, because I don't have to at the moment.
I'm not quite sure why everyone is so dead set on separating the two trucks. I own both and I have compared both on two different nights. In each case on both nights I was running the same pace with both trucks Stock slash and a SC10 with a 13.5. Yes I did end up with a slightly better time when running my SC10 but that has to do with having a better steering servo in the SC10. I would have no problem running my Slash against the SC10 or any other brand of short course truck as long as you are running equal equipment and tires. I still think that the tires are a great equalizer.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by airwoods
Friday nights racing at hobbytown in vegas saw a sc10 in action in the slash class.We race on-road with a couple of skateboard ramps and the sc10 was smoother,quieter,handle better,handled the skate ramp jump better and was able to control throttle inputs in the air better.I'm not sure on his set-up though but he was hooked compared to a couple other sc10's out there.
The sc10 you saw was mine, bone stock rtr. stock setup. I never thought I would be at a hobbytown parking lot race jumping off skateboard ramps and going through some carpet woops. I have to say I had as much fun with my sc10 as I did with my tc5. I plan on making some shock adjustments and maybee some shaved tires, and the thing will be hooked on the street. I watched the other 17 slashes that I was up against choke through the woops, and spin out or roll in the corners. One driver in particular that is a pretty awesome driver in the 1/8th scale world who happened to be driving a slash was struggling. sc10 was cake to drive.

Originally Posted by Tim3
Why dont you guys hury and speend a lot more mony and get you sefl a SC10. the slash srated this rc corr tuck racing ! AE is trying to get a pice of the pie. The stolid the slash's tire and rim design. you all talk about " O SC10 handles some much better than a slash" . But now you say, it handles better! Well a corr truck isnt the best handling trucks in real life !! The SC10 is going too take away the fun factor. It is going to start handling like a 4x4 buggy, not a corr truck. just think about what I have told you.
Each to his own.

Good Luck
First off, you are so excited about the sc10 you cant even type.
Second, theres been plenty of stadium trucks before the slash.
third, theres no question about which handles better.
fourth, corr trucks are the best handling trucks in real life short course.
fifth, sc10's fun factor is a 10 out of 10.
sixth, a 2 wheel drive truck will never handle like a 4wd buggy.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I will say that on the pavement the SC10 will have an advantage over the Slash. When I was scrubbing in my SC10 tires I could not get the SC10 to roll over even if i tried. On the dirt its a different story. Both my trucks run equally well on the dirt.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chuckharrisjr
The sc10 you saw was mine, bone stock rtr. stock setup. I never thought I would be at a hobbytown parking lot race jumping off skateboard ramps and going through some carpet woops. I have to say I had as much fun with my sc10 as I did with my tc5. I plan on making some shock adjustments and maybee some shaved tires, and the thing will be hooked on the street. I watched the other 17 slashes that I was up against choke through the woops, and spin out or roll in the corners. One driver in particular that is a pretty awesome driver in the 1/8th scale world who happened to be driving a slash was struggling. sc10 was cake to drive.

First off, you are so excited about the sc10 you cant even type.
Second, theres been plenty of stadium trucks before the slash.
third, theres no question about which handles better.
fourth, corr trucks are the best handling trucks in real life short course.
fifth, sc10's fun factor is a 10 out of 10.
sixth, a 2 wheel drive truck will never handle like a 4wd buggy.
Man,your truck was all show and all go,really digging on the matching of your sc10 and tc5.So you were running the new sc10 rtr version?I didnt know it was available yet.Your right about that carpet section,i had to come to a hault just to get over it without flipping over.Props to you.Did you race your tc5?I raced in sportsman sedan and took 1st in the first sedan race then a 2nd.I had the bright yellow car with hpi stickers on the sides but its a cyclone s,i never stay for the mains,it gets way to late and i've gotta be up very early the next day.I heared by the time all the races are done its like 1:00am
Old 05-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bcrazy
I will say that on the pavement the SC10 will have an advantage over the Slash. When I was scrubbing in my SC10 tires I could not get the SC10 to roll over even if i tried. On the dirt its a different story. Both my trucks run equally well on the dirt.
So the times that you posted were a pavement race?

Originally Posted by airwoods
Man,your truck was all show and all go,really digging on the matching of your sc10 and tc5.So you were running the new sc10 rtr version?I didnt know it was available yet.Your right about that carpet section,i had to come to a hault just to get over it without flipping over.Props to you.Did you race your tc5?I raced in sportsman sedan and took 1st in the first sedan race then a 2nd.I had the bright yellow car with hpi stickers on the sides but its a cyclone s,i never stay for the mains,it gets way to late and i've gotta be up very early the next day.I heared by the time all the races are done its like 1:00am
Thanks man, the truck is cake to drive and handles great. Next time you are out stop by and say hi and you can drive it yourself. Good job on the 1st and second in sedan, way to go. I finished 1st in the first round and 4th in the second, broke in the main. Computer crashed in my main right after I took the lead. Broke in the restart, some one turned me into the curb. Tq'd in the sc10, me and a few of the other guys screwed around in the main, I think we were all tired it was like 1:40am. See you in a few weeks. By the way the sc10 RTR is out, I was just looking at it at hobbypeople on boulder highway. It was like 229.00. I think you can get them online for under 200.00. You cant beat that!!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I witnessed my first "Corr" class last weekend and even got to drive one for a few minutes. It handled like a turd. Watching the trucks on the track is fun because it's more like a demolition derby than a race, but corner marshalling was no walk in the park. One of the best drivers at the local track looked even like a noob with his SC10 and slow stock motor.

That said, the local track can't keep SC10's on the shelves and the new class is bringing in more racers. And that's what it's all about. Have fun guys and buy your corner marshalls plenty of beer. They deserve it!

Last edited by Leodis; 05-10-2009 at 07:28 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.