SC10 vs SLASH ??? tell us what you think...Honestly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SC10 vs SLASH ??? tell us what you think...Honestly

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Initiate

I race both,love the SC10 the best. The SC10 is way more adjustable.Once you get the truck tuned to the track it is a very good truck that will hook if you have it setup.I don't have the diff problems with mine. I run a 10.5 2c, and a 21.5 2c, have nothing but fun with it. Overall the SC10 will eat a Slash, anyone wan't to find out, I welcome you to my local track!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I guess it just comes down to having fun with either truck.

Has anybody done a side by side comparison, same tires, same motor to see what the real differences are?
Old 05-21-2009, 06:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kregger
I guess it just comes down to having fun with either truck.

Has anybody done a side by side comparison, same tires, same motor to see what the real differences are?
You can't really compare motors, because of the 12t 550. There really isn't an equivalent. The SC10 is automatically faster with 27T/17.5 motor. These guys who keeps saying "...it will eat a Slash...". Big deal. That means nothing unless they are of equal power. Most of these guys never post times to back up their statements anyway. I could make any statement I want hiding behind a monitor. I could say "...dude, I eat RC8's for breakfast with my Slash".
Old 05-21-2009, 06:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by trx450racer174
I guess that just shows that you are easily discouraged and didnt give it enough time to get it tuned right.
You have a decent point, but I thought I gave it a pretty fair shot. That was half the problem though. I spent more time tuning and tweaking than actually driving. If I wanted to do that, I would just get a gas truck. I just thought it was a terribly unstable truck. No other R/C car I have owned has been that bad. I have had XXXT, B4, T4, Slash, and SC10.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade329
You have a decent point, but I thought I gave it a pretty fair shot. That was half the problem though. I spent more time tuning and tweaking than actually driving. If I wanted to do that, I would just get a gas truck. I just thought it was a terribly unstable truck. No other R/C car I have owned has been that bad. I have had XXXT, B4, T4, Slash, and SC10.
I'm not trying to bash anyone but for some to come on here have either never owned the truck or havent given the truck a fair shot. I have a few cars/trucks in my stable and none of them except my B4 were great out of the box so to say. Nothing is gonna handle 100% the same on various surfaces thats what tuning is all about thats half the fun and when we get it all figured out it will be well woth it.. just my .02
Old 05-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade329
The SC10 is a "truck" without a true identity. It is T4 that handles like a buggy that is trying to be a CORR truck.
Originally Posted by TYLORD
I couldn't be happier with my SC10. It took some tuning, but now it is a Slash killer .
How much money do you have in it?
Old 05-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim3

2 answer your ? not directed towared me but i feel compeled to answer.
I have the kit price $159.95 +tax and 15 bucks for the Losi 2deg hubs and hinge pins. Everything else is out of my stable of AE stuff and extra r/c parts. So what are you getting at ????? Lets see some pics of your truck... or do you not own a Slash...
Old 05-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim3
What difference does it make?

Your missing the point, what people CHOOSE to spend to upgrade their rigs to their desire and what people need to spend to tune the truck are different things altogether.

I bought threaded hard anodized shock bodies, CVDs, and unobtainium shock shafts for mine. Why you ask? Because I wanted to.

Like I stated earlier, the 1 to 2 degree hubs and hinge pins(tuning aid just like springs, shock oil, and gearing), GT2 front arms (for durability just like the guys who run RPM arms), and a chassis brace (for piece of mind more than anything).
Old 05-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default slash vs sc10

I have hade my slash for a year now and race it. When i raced it against sc10s i beat four of them to win the main i drove the sc10 that came in 2nd and it seemed really hard to drive as to were the slash is easy to drive. my slash is all stock - the dsm radio. the sc10 had a 10.5 motor in it its a t4 with bad tires so i guess it should be hard to drive. if you race slash and sc10 together then what do you think the rules should be ?
Old 05-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Why isn't OK not to like one or the other? I raced both, SC10 racing wasn't fun. Our CORR mod class is dying as fast as it started, we've had 5 for the last two weeks, if one of those regulars bricks the class is dead. Just because AE gave us the SC10 doesn't automatically make it good. As their products launches go, this was perhaps the most hyped and yet it was also the biggest disappointment. Say what you want about the Slash, at least IT is fun to drive.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Legend

We don`t have a Slash class much anymore at Trcr. Its turn into a stock SCT Class after the Sc-10 became available ....

Both Slash`s & SC -10`s battle together in the same heat....

SC-10 wins almost every time of course....
Old 05-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maizer
I have hade my slash for a year now and race it. When i raced it against sc10s i beat four of them to win the main i drove the sc10 that came in 2nd and it seemed really hard to drive as to were the slash is easy to drive. my slash is all stock - the dsm radio. the sc10 had a 10.5 motor in it its a t4 with bad tires so i guess it should be hard to drive. if you race slash and sc10 together then what do you think the rules should be ?
all I really understood there was the last sentence. WTF was the rest saying now?
Old 05-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My honest opinion as a racer on both is as follows:

The Slash is a great truck. Durable, easy to drive, RTR for less than $200, and parts are available every where. The stock tires work everywhere and last forever!

The SC10 is also a great truck, it just takes getting used to. If we had no Slash to compare it to, no one would be bashing the truck. People would do what they needed to do to get the truck to handle to their liking and drive it because there is no "Spec" Class. The stock tires are horrendous on 99.9% of the tracks I've run them on and the wheels have a weak hex (which AE is working on currently).

I know plenty of guys that run Slashes that have diff oil in the tranny to limit the diff action somewhat and run aluminum shock caps/bodies to prevent the damn things from blowing off. All vehicles have their problems. These are run in the Spec class and there has been many a time where the TQ in Spec would have qualified top 3 in Mod. Now that the SC10 is out, we have choices as to which truck to drive in the new SCT class, or Mod CORR at most tracks. As long as 1/8 buggy tires are kept out of the class, I think it will succeed. Tires are the true equalizer in the class.

I enjoy the SC10 more because it provides a challenge. I never EVER tuned my Slash. I threw it on the track and raced it and it worked well. Never did anything outstanding but was easy to drive and predictable no matter the surface. Now my SC10 is faster but it took some setup to get there. Both trucks are a blast to drive, but to each his own.

My $0.02 on this whole debate.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by trx450racer174
I'm not trying to bash anyone but for some to come on here have either never owned the truck or havent given the truck a fair shot. I have a few cars/trucks in my stable and none of them except my B4 were great out of the box so to say. Nothing is gonna handle 100% the same on various surfaces thats what tuning is all about thats half the fun and when we get it all figured out it will be well woth it.. just my .02
I agree. Unfortunately, the SC10 was the truck that I had the most trouble with. Maybe my expectations were just a little too high.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default ???

Did the SC10 win 4 out of 5 times? or was it better driving?
Some guys can put together a car out of other racers spare parts on any give night and beat everybody. Good driving and a well prepped race car
are the usual bet. One thing is for sure, These trucks are getting some new people into this hobby. Let's try not to scare them away.

1.Have fun
2. Learn
3. Share your knowledge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.