Team Associated 1/8 Electric Buggy Info and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mikey Hudson
You'll want to use the middle wire for a 4s pack
Originally Posted by boogieb333
looking all through this entire tread ive noticed lots of 1800 kv and 2200 kv being used how much effect is a for example 1800 kv geared with a 46/19 running cool in out of state temps in the 70s, here in south texas 100+ in summer gonna effect the motor . should i look to buy some other motor or sacrafice top end to keep temps cool . kinda lost here thanks or if someone down here in the south has a set up they would like to share . again thanks
Well I think its going to depend on the size of your track. I think an 1800 with a 19 should be fine on a mid size track. It realy will be trial and error, make sure you dont run out of top end on the straights, but still have enough bottom to clear what you need...and keep the temps down.
I am waiting for my rc8b to get here...I run a Jammin x1cr 46/18 with a 2000kv on a 10th scale track...only one straight and its short and I run 1/2 throttle through most of it with wot burts. I could go lower but I am satisfied with speed and punch and temps...123 degrees

If I went to a bigger 1/8 track I might lack top end and need to regear. every track is going to be different. I think 19t would be a good starting point.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Rc8.2e

Hi guys,

I'm from Brisbane Australia and looking at getting into 1/8 scale racing currently have a Traxxas Slash with exerun 4000 kv motor/120amp esc, and like this combo.
I really like the associated Rc8.2e Factory team addition and the rtr. I will be doing a bit of bashing and racing aswell I'm pretty new to track racing and would appreciate any advice on set ups for the 8.2e i.e. Remote set up, motor esc combo, steering servo etc?
Looking forward to some replies.

Cheers Steve.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This may be the right thread for this because the factory team RC8Be thread has t been bumped in ages.

Trying to figure out compatibility for the steel slur for the center diff, will the rc8 version work or is that just for nitro?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSKZ4

And what is the stock spur size? My stock original is showing some tooth wear so I was going to replace it and use steel, noise be damned.