Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 07:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 27mhz or 75mhz?

what are the pros and cons of each??
Old 11-30-2003, 07:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

As posted by Gee-Dub in the Electric forum from your same question:

"27 - pro :has wider band spacing (.05mhz) vs .02mhz for 75 between channels. means you're less likely to get radio hits from poorly tuned radios.

con: only 6 'legal' (non-HAM) channels on that band. too many people on that band, and you're gonna be stuck waiting for a frequency clip all the time.

75 - pro: 30 channels means you're more likely to have an open frequency clip.

con: narrower bandwidth spacing (hardly ever an issue though)

best solution is 75 band synthed'. been running this setup for about 6-8 months, will never go back."
Old 11-30-2003, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

If you decide to go Synth.Stay away from the FULL novak setup.It's been tested and Crystals are still stronger signal wise.
If you decide on this setup go with the Novak Module if it can be used on your pick of radio(M8) and use a JR reciever.I have heard ALOT and I mean ALOT of nightmars with the novak,novak system.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:57 PM
Tech Rookie

what are these so called nightmares?
Old 11-30-2003, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Glitching.The Signal Strength isnt as good as crystals.
Now if you decide to go with 27mhz with the new module that novak came out with on 27 and a novak XXtra on 27 it may work better.But the 75 one being closer together I have seen some expensive nightmare's and had some of my own on the 75MHZ XXtra and module.Plus if you look around on some of the message boards you will see complaints about them.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got a Novak XXtra receiver from a friend who was getting glitches all the time. However, he was getting glitches with every radio he had or tried including dual conversion receivers so I figured "why not" try it.

I installed the Rx in my TC3 and never once experienced a glitch of any kind while using my Hitec Lynx 3D with the Spectra module (synthisizer). I switched radios to the Futaba 3PK and still never had a glitch yet. My friend is still looking for a radio that doesn't glitch and is using a KO Mars R (he'll never find one because the problems he had weren't radio related).

Currently, I'm using the Futaba HRS to see if it responded any faster. Unfortunately I must report that if the response was faster then I must have missed it.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Arecee-On your Mars R or Futaba HRS to respond faster you have to use the factory reciever or the new LRP reciever and DIGITAL servo's.But again it's still hard as hell to tell.lol.