Search

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
what are the weight's ?

Im sure the losi is far from being "lightweight" but its functional and i dont have any complaints.
That wasz in referance to his ultra light weight build. I think there is about an oz difference between the stock H9E mount and the Elite. IMO the Elite is not so user friendly when it comes to center dif changes or pinion changes. You have to bust the entire mount off the chassis to change either one. Only plus to it is the mesh adjustment. If I'm adjusting mesh I changed the pinion which caused me way more work than with the stocker.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Dan Is A Great Man + Full Matrix Concepts Carbon Fiber Kit For New Hyper 9E Owner.

Originally Posted by tq_danpatterson
If you're going ultralight, get on the waiting list for a Matrix Concepts full-carbon-fiber conversion kit.

Mind_Thoughts's buggy is a role model for an ultralight Hyper 9e.

-In before Mind_Thoughts-
You're Awesome Dan

Originally Posted by naftausa
i can't wait...............
You're going to love the Full Matrix Concepts Carbon Fiber Kit
Old 10-28-2010, 12:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone got the new steel centre drive shaft? I bent my stock one today I am looking for the weight difference to the stock alloy one???

Thanks
Old 10-28-2010, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MindThoughts
You're Awesome Dan
You're going to love the Full Matrix Concepts Carbon Fiber Kit
Joseph's shortest post ever!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Initiate

I am also interested in the new steel drive shaft, I think it weighs twice as much but as long as its more durable thats fine by me.

I am a bit disturbed by the fact that Ofna/Hobao seems like a very distant company that is hard to reach, Its a bit strange, they released this super nice electric buggy with new and unheard of features, but left out basic things as a rear brace, a body that fits or just a simple manual covering the 9E version alone.

Ive owned Xray for years and they seem to listen very carefully to the drivers looking hard for things to improve, I was extremly satisfied with xray support, quality and service.

For the H9E I would like:

A wider battery tray
A body that fits
Rear chassis brace
Exclusive 9E decals

Will most likely come up with more stuff after I have been driving my car a couple of hours.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vic viper
I am also interested in the new steel drive shaft, I think it weighs twice as much but as long as its more durable thats fine by me.

I am a bit disturbed by the fact that Ofna/Hobao seems like a very distant company that is hard to reach, Its a bit strange, they released this super nice electric buggy with new and unheard of features, but left out basic things as a rear brace, a body that fits or just a simple manual covering the 9E version alone.

Ive owned Xray for years and they seem to listen very carefully to the drivers looking hard for things to improve, I was extremly satisfied with xray support, quality and service.

For the H9E I would like:

A wider battery tray
A body that fits
Rear chassis brace
Exclusive 9E decals

Will most likely come up with more stuff after I have been driving my car a couple of hours.
The new center universal drive shaft is mainly there to eliminate the possibility of bending the shaft due to chassis flex. It is slightly shorter than the stock dogbone.

A call to NitroHouse, and asking to talk directly with Tim Bump, is your best source of information. He was the lead designer of the car. He is very friendly and helpful and will answer any and all of your questions. NitroHouse.com is also a very good source of OFNA-specific information, including Hyper 9 and 9e articles.

If you look back one page, you'll see that I simply cut the outside wall completely off of my battery tray. That allows me to run any battery I want.

Do you really need a rear chassis brace? Have you broken one, or notice a significant amount of flex there which you want to stiffen? You can install the optional machined aluminum center diff top brace; that may stop some flex. The Matrix Concepts full carbon conversion incorporates one long brace which spans the entire length of the chassis, above the center driveshaft.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

With the center diff connected to the rear it acts as the chassis brace. It's actually way more than any other car I have seen. The battery tray is and easy enough fix, the body ya ok, stickers(?) not makin me very much faster lol.
Maybe when this economy gets a little better we will see a 2.0 version with some of the "mods" we do now as stock or corrected equipment.

Until then, IMO it's all fairly minor stuff that doesn't effect me from going fast. That is what we are tryin to do right?
Old 10-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Initiate

yes of course, but it wouldnt hurt to go fast with some durability and style
Old 10-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Durabiity?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Gaining durability is easy: don't crash.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Yes, but the car should be able to continue and drive on after a hard landing, I have now bent two center driveshafts this way.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
what are the weight's ?

Im sure the losi is far from being "lightweight" but its functional and i dont have any complaints.
I'm in the same boat as you Integra. I've wanted a Hyper 9e since the first spy shots showed up. Two of my buddys have since bought 9e's and have worked around most of the quirks. However, my Losi 8 just keeps running and rarely needs any work other than routine maintenance.

I'm about 1 or 2 weeks away from buying a new E-buggy an its down to the 8e w/o eletronics or the Hyper 9e. AHHHHHH
Old 10-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com
I'm in the same boat as you Integra. I've wanted a Hyper 9e since the first spy shots showed up. Two of my buddys have since bought 9e's and have worked around most of the quirks. However, my Losi 8 just keeps running and rarely needs any work other than routine maintenance.

I'm about 1 or 2 weeks away from buying a new E-buggy an its down to the 8e w/o eletronics or the Hyper 9e. AHHHHHH
I love the look and design of the hyper 9 but there's something a bit unsettling about paying 400 $ + and still having to mix and match parts from other cars to get your car running properly, hopefully a hyper 9 3.0 will work out ALL the quirks...
Old 10-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jube
That wasz in referance to his ultra light weight build. I think there is about an oz difference between the stock H9E mount and the Elite. IMO the Elite is not so user friendly when it comes to center dif changes or pinion changes. You have to bust the entire mount off the chassis to change either one. Only plus to it is the mesh adjustment. If I'm adjusting mesh I changed the pinion which caused me way more work than with the stocker.
original motor mount it's 26 gr.. elite rcd motor mount it's 48 gr.

i have also steel cvd coming... from nitrohouse.. but i think will be heavier than 18gr alluminium stock ones..
Old 10-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vic viper
Yes, but the car should be able to continue and drive on after a hard landing, I have now bent two center driveshafts this way.
This is simply because the stock aluminum center shaft is a smudge too long. Has nothing to do with durability or lack of a rear chassis brace. All these buggies flex, they have to. Just so happens when this one does sometimes it puts the center shaft in a bind. The extended chassis coming from BCE will cure this problem. Also the new center steel shaft will too for it is a touch shorter.
Originally Posted by naftausa
original motor mount it's 26 gr.. elite rcd motor mount it's 48 gr.

i have also steel cvd coming... from nitrohouse.. but i think will be heavier than 18gr alluminium stock ones..
22g Ahhh I was close to an ounce lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.