Search

J Concepts BJ4 "Non" worlds

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J_P
Just looked. No. The BJ4 was set up for 7cells, to allow for battery movement. The TC5 is only set up for 6 cell spacing.
Thanks for the reply J_P...guess i got to look for the TC3 blue aluminium ones, but as the TC3 is an old car, can't really seem to find the blue aluminium batt strap....
Old 09-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I took my BJ4 to a small, indoor track here in Aurora, CO (MHORC Raceway) for the first time last week and broke 5 arms (3 fronts, 2 rears) while I was there!!! I had previously raced it almost sight unseen once I got it off of Ebay at Farmer's Hobbies Raceway in Tampa last January with absolutely no breakages (through 2 qualifying heats and a main), so I was surprised at how much stuff started snapping this time around.

I read earlier in this post that you can beef up the front arms with a W.E. bulkhead and arms - are those the only two pieces you need to change out to add some durability? I obviously need to get my driving skills up to par so I am not thrashing the landings as bad, but I was surprised at how much destruction occurred because it wasn't THAT bad.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:22 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

Yes, that is all you need.
1048 - BJ4 Heavy-Duty front arm kit
The stock B4 arms just don't work for the 4Wheel. Go a head and order some replacement arms also #1142. You will be much happier.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

I just picked one of these up for myself. I love this buggy. I just dissassembled the whole thing. I found in the Rear diff 2 E clips floating around, and the Gears eatn away from it. Shocks I got with it were Losi's, I put in a order for the b44 steering upgrade, and few other parts I needed. I cant wait to drive this thing again.

I was wondering how to tell if u have the 1 way shaft to lock all 4 tires for breaking. and all the other goodies you should have thanks.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

with a oneway spin the fr wheels forward and no drive train should move,if it moves then there is no oneway