Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba Max Pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

From what I know CHEAT mode is for stock motors - which respond well to low timing at low RPM for more torque and high timing at high RPM for more top speed.
The 7.5T motor is not supposed to respond well to timing changes and it has plenty of torque and top speed.

I would select gearing according to the top speed needed at the track.
You shouldn't have any problems with torque out of the corners.
If the car is too aggressive at low speed, I would either adjust the controller's throttle curve or use the transmitter's exponential function if your transmitter has it.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Good points Ferret, and definetly things I want to play around with eventually to find my sweet setting.

As for the "Knowing" if the the sensored mode is working or not, anybody have any input on that?

Originally Posted by Ferret
From what I know CHEAT mode is for stock motors - which respond well to low timing at low RPM for more torque and high timing at high RPM for more top speed.
The 7.5T motor is not supposed to respond well to timing changes and it has plenty of torque and top speed.

I would select gearing according to the top speed needed at the track.
You shouldn't have any problems with torque out of the corners.
If the car is too aggressive at low speed, I would either adjust the controller's throttle curve or use the transmitter's exponential function if your transmitter has it.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

CHEAT only works in "sensor only" mode. If you dial in 10-25* on a 7.5 you would definitely know it's working. Set it to sensor only mode and 25* @5000rpm and report back to us if you can see a difference.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

That's what I did! I gradually increased it (one run at a time). 1st run I set it at 10ish degrees of timing (starting at 5000 rpm), second run, around 18º, third run around 26º (like I said, I don't remember the exact numbers in the drop down list). I didn't notice an extreme increase (if any) between these settings, wether for top speed or motor temperature (maybe 5-10 deg increase total). That's why I'm wondering if there was a problem with the sensor wire and the ESC might have switched it, without my knowing, to sensoreless (being new to sensored motors, I wouldn't have noticed probably). I did set it to the cheat mode and successfully upload the new settinsg to the ESC. But despite having set it to cheat mode, I have no idea if the ESC was actually running in cheat mode or if it just switched to sensoreless.

If you're implying using 25º of CHEAT on a 7.5T should have a dramatic increase in speed... Then I think it wasn't running properly... Cause that wasn't the case...

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
CHEAT only works in "sensor only" mode. If you dial in 10-25* on a 7.5 you would definitely know it's working. Set it to sensor only mode and 25* @5000rpm and report back to us if you can see a difference.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Well, called castle up and apparently the only way I'll have of telling if all is working (the sensired and cheat mode) is to set the cheat at about 25-30º, take a good run... Then unplug the sensor wire, and see if there is a difference. Simple; I should have thought of it... But was hoping the system could diagnose itself... Because apparently, even if there is a problem with the sensor cable, you can still connect to it with Castle link and program the cheat mode. Only when you plug in the power, it will automatically run in smart sense...

Just wanted to share what I learned from them!

Thanks to all for the help!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Is anyone running a MM Pro in a 10 scale buggy. Does it fit with the fan off?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Smith
Is anyone running a MM Pro in a 10 scale buggy. Does it fit with the fan off?
Absolutely. I run one w/out the fan in my B4. But note that the newest ones don't have the removable fan case, so you will have to "dremel" the fan off. The nice thing though, is that the new design is more low profile than the old one. You will never need the fan in a 1/10 buggy.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I recently picked up the MMP and a 17.5 team scream motor so I know that there is no shortage of power or speed, I geared it in a sc10 at 85/24 it was running at about 140. the only complaint was that there was a delay off the throttle? I do not have the programing card I did buy it used but all I have is the drivers ed box and the manual. I just figured I would ask here to see if anyone has heard or had this happen. and I would like to play around with timing and everything.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by losiracer753
I recently picked up the MMP and a 17.5 team scream motor so I know that there is no shortage of power or speed, I geared it in a sc10 at 85/24 it was running at about 140. the only complaint was that there was a delay off the throttle? I do not have the programing card I did buy it used but all I have is the drivers ed box and the manual. I just figured I would ask here to see if anyone has heard or had this happen. and I would like to play around with timing and everything.
Buy the cable that plugs into the Esc and into the computer. Since you bought it used, you could take all the settings thats was on the Esc back to defualt setting, and see if that works.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losiracer753
try returning settings to default before you do anything. if that doesn't work and the motor is cogging it could be an issue with the control panel in the MMP. I had the same issue and I am now waiting on my replacement from Castle. Since you bought it used I would test it with another motor see if it is still doing it if you continue to have a problem I would get with the person you bought it from
Old 05-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Looks like Castle finally has some MMP's back in stock. Just got an email from UPS that castle has created a shipping label for my order. Finally get to start driving my Hyper 10tt again after about a month of waiting.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Well, just to follow up on my post. I did some tests tonight and confirmed that my sensor cable was not plugged in properly. The best way I confirmed this was driving up my driveway (which has a distinct slope), letting bthe buggy start rolling backwards, and then pressing the throttle. It was just connging.
Once I go my sensor wire plugged in right, it didn,t cog any more and had a much higher top end speed (35 deg of timing boost).

So this is something the check every now and then and driving up a slope seems to me to be the best and easiest way.

Hope this will help someone eventually!

Originally Posted by CODMAN
Well, called castle up and apparently the only way I'll have of telling if all is working (the sensired and cheat mode) is to set the cheat at about 25-30º, take a good run... Then unplug the sensor wire, and see if there is a difference. Simple; I should have thought of it... But was hoping the system could diagnose itself... Because apparently, even if there is a problem with the sensor cable, you can still connect to it with Castle link and program the cheat mode. Only when you plug in the power, it will automatically run in smart sense...

Just wanted to share what I learned from them!

Thanks to all for the help!
Old 05-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default MMP love story

Today while at the track my MMP which I run in an 1/8th scale, caught fire, I figured it had a lot of use and I'm not really using it in the recommended manner. After 10 or so minutes of sitting I was back on the track and my MMP was working perfectly.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by velotek1
Today while at the track my MMP which I run in an 1/8th scale, caught fire, I figured it had a lot of use and I'm not really using it in the recommended manner. After 10 or so minutes of sitting I was back on the track and my MMP was working perfectly.

so after it caught on fire it woked later?
Old 05-08-2011, 05:28 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by velotek1
Did you see smoke or flames?? That's unreal...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.