Search

Team Associated SC8E Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Laughs on me..............

Originally Posted by *JayVee*
Just pulling your leg bro...But it was funny how u brought up multiple points that really sold the Castle to be better in your explanation, or at least in my interpretation.

Last edited by Big Trol; 12-26-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: no reason
Old 12-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking Just trying to keep this thread current...............

Last edited by Big Trol; 12-29-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Apparently inapropriate subject matter......
Old 12-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

is the skid plates to protect the front of the chassis or just the rear?
Old 12-17-2012, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wantboost
is the skid plates to protect the front of the chassis or just the rear?
If you are talking about the DE Racing skid plates, manufacture makes them for the rear but I have seen several guys install the same ones on the front also. Fitment and looks great! The pkg comes with 3 skid plates for the rear. With one of those 2 remaining, install on the front also. I plan on doing this myself, just haven't got around to it.

Hope that helped.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *JayVee*
If you are talking about the DE Racing skid plates, manufacture makes them for the rear but I have seen several guys install the same ones on the front also. Fitment and looks great! The pkg comes with 3 skid plates for the rear. With one of those 2 remaining, install on the front also. I plan on doing this myself, just haven't got around to it.

Hope that helped.

DE Rear skids fit the rear.......DE Bump skids fit the Front.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra
DE Rear skids fit the rear.......DE Bump skids fit the Front.
I know for a fact they fit front and rear...DOES IT BELONG ACCORDING TO "DE RACING" ??? No, that is why they made 2 separate items for their intended use. But I definitely seen a guy on YOUTUBE Buy 1 pk of 3 DE RACING REAR SKID plates and installed one in the rear as directed and one for the front. You could clearly tell the front was somewhat outta place since the front does not have those camel hump shape on the chassis as the rear does and he had that hump part facing the front of the SC8 and the rear that is how they are to be installed with the humps to the rear fitting perfect according to shape. Just saying

The correct front pc would be a pc that looks somewhat like a bumper molded into a bump/skid plate as one pc while the rears are only flat skid/bump plates.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)

Im wondering what it would take to add rc8t arms onto a sc8e? just want the added width.

arms, cvds, and turnbuckles?
Old 12-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zfmrchnt
Im wondering what it would take to add rc8t arms onto a sc8e? just want the added width.

arms, cvds, and turnbuckles?
...and a T body. It would look really strange and possibly none functional with the SC wheel set up and body.

I also have a SC8e question. What is the difference between a metal spur gear and stock plastic spur gear... Besides the obvious of more durable material, anyone running a metal over the plastic and why? Feedback Thanks
Old 12-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I believe the metal gear is a 44t and the plastic is a 46, so it gives you some gearing options to play with.

It is a good bit noisier though, just a heads up.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DoogieLee
I believe the metal gear is a 44t and the plastic is a 46, so it gives you some gearing options to play with.

It is a good bit noisier though, just a heads up.
I found it at 46t. I also find out the advantages of the metal vs plastic. Durability seems to be key when taking into consideration sand, gravel and pebbles alike with the plastic spur can get chewed up pretty bad fast. THANKS!
Old 12-17-2012, 11:25 PM
Tech Initiate

I used 44t steel spur and it was little bit more noisy than the plastic spur, but not bad. I liked it until pinion worn out. That was something like 10 batteries max. I asked about this from local m8e drivers and they told that this happens, buy more pinions..

So i changed back to plastic and while the teeth has worn out little bit, i have never broken any teeth of or anything else. So the stock plastic spur seems to be plenty strong and it dont eat pinions.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Has anybody found inner body for SC8, for snow/dirt/water/etc. protection?

I thought about rc8 buggy body, but it would be too short i quess, then rc8t truck body is longer but it doesnt seem to sit so tight against chassis like the buggy version, it isn't formed to fit the chassis/mud guards.

I have the roll cage with the plastic mud flaps and i have "improved" them with gorilla tape, but would like to have a buggy body style "inner body" for bad weather driving. Or is outerwears style protection the only choice?
Old 12-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by volvospede
I used 44t steel spur and it was little bit more noisy than the plastic spur, but not bad. I liked it until pinion worn out. That was something like 10 batteries max. I asked about this from local m8e drivers and they told that this happens, buy more pinions..

So i changed back to plastic and while the teeth has worn out little bit, i have never broken any teeth of or anything else. So the stock plastic spur seems to be plenty strong and it dont eat pinions.
I guess that is one way looking at it...As you buy more spurs now using the plastic while other use the metal spurs and eventually buy more pinions. I personally never heard the pinions wearing to that effect, buy I guess it is not impossible either. Either way, one or the other wear out. IMO, metal to metal would be a lot slower in the process then plastic to metal...Just makes sense to me.

Originally Posted by volvospede
Has anybody found inner body for SC8, for snow/dirt/water/etc. protection?

I thought about rc8 buggy body, but it would be too short i quess, then rc8t truck body is longer but it doesnt seem to sit so tight against chassis like the buggy version, it isn't formed to fit the chassis/mud guards.

I have the roll cage with the plastic mud flaps and i have "improved" them with gorilla tape, but would like to have a buggy body style "inner body" for bad weather driving. Or is outerwears style protection the only choice?
I guess you can make the buggy body work but why? When the Outfitters is purpose built.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i ordered this battery fits just snug in tray
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21003

is it enough C rating for a Tekin RX8/Redline T8 2000kv setup?
Old 12-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wantboost
i ordered this battery fits just snug in tray
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21003

is it enough C rating for a Tekin RX8/Redline T8 2000kv setup?
I have the same one but 5000mah awed oye battery great run time and power!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.