Wiki Posts
Search

Cactus Classic 2009!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Some good things...

http://blogs-rccaraction.com/playlis...CactusClassic/

Have you heard something there about the "MX Compound" of proline and which profile is used ?
Old 03-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

For the guys running JConcepts tires, what compound are they using? Just wondering...
Old 03-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bastos
Are they running Lipos or still got Nimh ? ( Maifield, Tebo, cav, ...etc )
I'm pretty sure nearly all of the fast guys are running Lipos. I know they were at CRCRC back in January, and I can't imagine why they'd go back.

Originally Posted by Bastos
Some good things...

http://blogs-rccaraction.com/playlis...CactusClassic/

Have you heard something there about the "MX Compound" of proline and which profile is used ?
I've asked Chazz to find out what he can about the tire situation there and hopefully get me some decent pictures of the various rubber being run.

Originally Posted by CNC Racing
For the guys running JConcepts tires, what compound are they using? Just wondering...
I've heard they're running the blue, white, and orange(?!) compounds. I know what blue and white are; I saw them while I was at the Clash back in December, but if the "Orange" comment is correct I have no idea what that is. Again, I've asked Chazz to do some investigation on the matter .
Old 03-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Team Tekin

So what is the motor wind of choice in mod classes? Does not look like it needs a fire breathing setup...

Is there anywhere we can see results beyond the top 10 and classes other than mod?

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 03-14-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Orange is a new JC compound, similar to Losi Red.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedyPenguin
I like all the SRS bashing without hearing both sides.

Everyone managed before the internet no liverc is not the end of the world.

personally this Cactus is the best I have attended so far, everything is organized, clean and super dialed!

BTW Rohde was already driving out for Silver State so, don't believe all rumors you hear.
No, unfortunately it was 2 trips pulling a 30'trailer 1900 miles(x2) @ 8mpg, hotels, and not to mention they can't even race because the SRS management won't let them on the property. Not exactly the best way to handle it if you ask me.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The entire JConcepts team is running the new orange compound.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Cactus is one of the biggest races for electric offroad
Not all of us can be there, I was there last year and wanted to be there again this year but could not
It is very unfortunate for all of us not to be able to see the races in Liverc.
So I guess cactus will not be the biggest race next year because if I were sponsors and advertisers I wouldn't be there because there is no visibility and advertising. People cant see Tebo's Kyosho be on top, we cant see Yokomo with new drivers since Masami has retired. The worst thing that sucks, we dont see the good world class racing that this race has
Thanks Cactus organizers. I am thanking them for this bec they are the only ones that could have solved this, bec they own the place, but they did not

I support Liverc bec this is the only place we can see other races in the net. You dont have any other website like this and I'll be waiting and watching for Silverstate then, Cactus is done for me except the results on Sunday

Thanks Paul Sinclair for the pics and videos

Just my 2cents, no bashing intended, just venting

Last edited by DRRC; 03-14-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Can someone get me picture of the front of the Numedahl's Real Car, Rumor has it that Larry had a fender bender & needed to buy a new radiator...

Also

Good luck the the Colorado Crew..... Kody, Matt, Dustin, TJ, Roman & Zach.

Last edited by TmLost; 03-14-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TmLost
Can someone get me picture of the front of the Numedahl's Real Car, Rumor has it that Larry had a fender bender & needed to buy a new radiator...

Also

Good luck the the Colorado Crew..... Kody, Matt & Dustin.

it was on his brothers van and i think hes already handled it................minus the hood
Old 03-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Team Tekin

Boring.....

Hopefully someone can at least take pics of the qual sheets so we can see how the mortals are doing.

Tekin Prez

Ask and you shall recieve... Nice! Thank you.

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 03-14-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Update! We've put up the full boards (heat race set-up) from before round 3. Since they resorted after yesterday's qualifying, this should show about how everyone at the race is doing. We've also gotten some pics of the new tires at the event with a mini-report on what's going on. Modified qualifying results from today are coming in a bit, keep an eye out!
Old 03-14-2009, 04:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Paul,

Thanks for keeping us all updated on what's going on. You and the on scene reporter (Chazz) are doing a great job. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Blocking out liverc.com at Cactus is about the dumbest thing I've seen in RC in a long time. Cactus Classic is not about you, or me, or the track owners, or anyone... it's "Cactus". It's a spectacle that has captured the attention of the whole world of RC in every country for over 20 years.

Unfortunately, I know way more about this than I should, and it's really childish. That's why our hobby will always stay below a scrabble tournament in the rest of the world's eyes, we just can't get over ourselves.

There will be some people pissed at me for saying this, and it's.... case in point!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default video

Here is some Video for you guys 4wd & 2wd Mod Saturday Qualifing.Click on HQ for a better picture.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0PSo4UzFQU

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxl08Y2SuFI

Last edited by Marcus Falconie; 03-14-2009 at 06:44 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.