Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cactus Classic 2009!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ummmm pretty sure tshirts were included...and announced almost everyday..lol...see yall at next years cactus maye we can talk keoni into a corr class....its gonna be huge..hehehehe
Old 03-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i am cornholio
ummmm pretty sure tshirts were included...and announced almost everyday..lol...see yall at next years cactus maye we can talk keoni into a corr class....its gonna be huge..hehehehe
Will there be tipi at this race next year?.......sorry couldn't resist
Old 03-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cornholio, thanks for the useful info!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Cavalieri ran the midwest setup on his 2wd with 30wt AE in the front and 30wt losi in the back with 2 ball stud washers in the front and 1 in the back along with the front shocks in the middle hole in the tower and standard rear hubs.

He and Maifield were working on a lightweight truck setup but I'm not sure what they ended up on.

As for 4wd Maifield worked on a lightweight 4wd setup but went back to the standard blue groove setup. I still ran the lightweight setup and ended up with his nationals setup with 40wt with green springs in the front 30wt with blacks in the rear. No swaybar and 1/2* rear hubs. My car was really easy to drive around the track.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If anyone is interested the full results are posted for the mains at:
www.srscactusclassic.com
Old 03-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Wow! Those results aren't even close to what some people posted earlier. Dahkota showed alot of people what's up this weekend. Good Job dude! And then AZ's own Micheal T Friery stickin' it to the stock master in rounds 2 and 3. Fisher made the main with his TC. I didn't realize Chris Ja-row-row-rosed his boat to victory in stock buggy after his noticably dissapointing A2.

Good Job this weekend to everyone that came. Its important that above everything else we remember what this hobby/sport/addiction is about- Having fun.

Joaf out-
Old 03-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Maifield is just stupid fast, I love watching ppl that are at that level. It's amazing what some people can do
Old 03-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hell ya maifield is fast!!!! he convinced me to switch all my stuff to AE. haha
Old 03-20-2009, 05:55 AM
PW
Tech Elite

News report from www.jconcepts.net

Cactus Classic is an Orange Crush for JConcepts

JConcepts TQ’s and wins 2 of 3 modified classes at the Cactus Classic.

To bring everyone up to speed, it is tough to win at the Cactus Classic. Only the very best equipment survives, and at the biggest electric race of the year JConcepts again had the goods that everyone was looking for. The goods included JConcepts Bar Codes tires and the Illuzion Hi-Flow bodies and accessories. JConcepts driver Ryan Maifield was again spectacular, driving his Team Associated T4 and B4, but the difference were the Bar Codes. Never before has Ryan enjoyed a tire advantage at The Cactus Classic but this year was different. Using an assortment of JConcepts compounds White, Blue and Orange, Ryan was able to perfectly tune his vehicles to the track conditions at hand giving him an edge that did not exist in the past.

However, Ryan Maifield was not the only JConcepts driver in on the action. Lee Martin, Frank Root and Kody Numedahl all made 2 out of 3 modified A-mains using the JConcepts combination.

The hot ticket in the truck class were Bar Codes all the way around. Utilizing the asymmetrical design, drivers could alter the handling characteristics and tune the tires to a specific time of day or front to rear balance. 2wd and 4wd drivers also used the Bar Code design but tuned using compound versus tread direction. Blue compound provided the early morning grip while White and Orange provided the grip to finish the day and beat the heat.

JConcepts onsite representative Jon Faulkner had this to say immediately following the final A-mains. “I was very proud of the entire team this weekend. Ryan Maifield was committed to the JConcepts product from day 1 and it turned out to be an advantage. A lot of credit has to be given to Ryan, he was extremely focused and determined to show he had the best combination available, he really earned it.”

When it comes to high performance tires, wheels, bodies and accessories, it is time to consider JConcepts.

Photos Courtesy – Aaron Mathiason

Hell ya maifield is fast!!!! he convinced me to switch all my stuff to AE. haha
That must mean you switched over to JC tires also
Old 03-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know there is always talk about how many entries fro this race (362), but how many actual people raced? How many classes were you able to sign up for?

I guess only SRS will be able to answer this.

We always here about how many entries there are at races, but with how many different classes there are I think races are getting a little deluted. If that makes sense.

I remember races back in the day you could only run 2 classes and there were like 650 entries.

If anyone has any input on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 03-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
As for 4wd Maifield worked on a lightweight 4wd setup but went back to the standard blue groove setup. I still ran the lightweight setup and ended up with his nationals setup with 40wt with green springs in the front 30wt with blacks in the rear. No swaybar and 1/2* rear hubs. My car was really easy to drive around the track.
Chris thanks for the info. Is the setup sheet for the lightweight b44 setup posted somewhere? I haven't been able to locate it.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by richard.bratton
Chris thanks for the info. Is the setup sheet for the lightweight b44 setup posted somewhere? I haven't been able to locate it.
No. I dont think one will be posted until its been worked on further by Ryan and Ryan.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

HAHA no sorry. Panther Tires are great!!! im going to run them on all the new cars.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

was asked earlier in the thread but i guess some are still running nimh's. Any reason to that?weight ?etc??
This is Cavalieris car. Pics from rccaraction

Last edited by rob martin; 03-21-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rob martin
was asked earlier in the thread but i guess some are still running nimh's. Any reason to that?weight ?etc??
This is Cavalieris car. Pics from rccaraction

Orion doesnt have saddle pack Lipo available yet........he runs for Orion and has to run Orion products, therefore NIMH packs until the lipo is ready. He does run lipo in the 2wd and truck though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.