Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National Championship Club Series

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 02:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Why not Canada, too? It can either be 1) a North American series or 2) a separate US and Candian series and, for sure, a chance to learn twice as fast how this format works.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Main reason why I'm being slow to jump on that is I have a tendency to overload myself on stuff witness the nitro onroad, dirt oval, electric offroad all debuted the same year. I want to make sure I can handle all of it because everytime I depend on people I wind up having to do it myself. I'll talk to Gary Fliegel and the other Canadian Directors this week in a Skype conference and see what they think.
The big fear I have about this whole NCCS is whether the tracks will post the results in a timely manner on our site or not. I'm sure most will but the question is how many will I have to chase down each week.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What are the "Spec rules"?
I look at the 2009 rules and did not see the Slash.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

The NCCS rules and info are on the NCCS site. Here is the rules page.
http://rcpro.rcsignup.com/nccs/rules.cfm
Old 01-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

RC Pro 1,

I see. I know I am excited about the series because my track is small, and the series actually gives it something to focus around.

I was playing with the numbers, and it looks like the track with the biggest population is going to really reel in the awards. If 2 other tracks get 20 guys each, and my track gets 10 guys, my guys would be lucky to get 1 position in the top 20. Of course, that means it is better to bring more friends with you and promote the race better to get more racers; or for a racer to pick the biggest local track if there are 2 within his reach. Does that sound properly phrased?

Best,
Bob
Old 01-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The rules look ok, except the after market servo and adding weight for a lipo. Their should be a min weight for the truck.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

That's a somewhat fair assessment BUT with larger turnout there is also the higher difficulty factor involved in winning. With smaller turnouts it's more likely for one or two people to dominate than at a larger event. Thus the points structure. I think turnout between 10&20 is going to be normal from what I'm hearing. So far the majority of the tracks signed up that I have talked to average around 10 slash entries. It does present an incentive for the tracks and racers to promote the class and try to increase local interest as well as work with other tracks in the area that run the slash to set their schedule. Since the racers can race at any track in the series the tracks would be smart to schedule races where racers from surrounding tracks could rotate between tracks to increase numbers at all the tracks.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by badassrevo
The rules look ok, except the after market servo and adding weight for a lipo. Their should be a min weight for the truck.
There will be but I'm waiting on one of my guys to actually weigh the truck with one of our scales. It's not clear what battery the weight on the Traxxas website is with if any so I want us to weigh it ourselves.

The aftermarket servo is only going to speed the steering up some the stick servo is really not that bad. It won't increase the amount of steering available just make it faster to a point. The only way to increase the amount of steering is to use the upgrade steering package and it makes a noticeable increase.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Bob do you have any suggestions on the bonus points structure that may make it more even between the large turnout and small turnout? I would be interested in hearing it before we start racing. Once the racing starts I have problems changing the points structure until the season is over. as it stands now if you have 10 entries and another track has 20 there is a 10 point difference. Would it make more sense to do it based on groups of 5? Say X bonus points for 15 entries, X for 20 etc instead of 1 point for each racer?
I've been doing a lot of thinking on this and sometimes it's easy to miss something simple.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

RC Pro 1,

I sent some emails off-line. Here is the last one I just sent to you that expresses why I was dabbling in this area:

You know what really is the point I have in mind -- it's not so much the equation. What I would like to have is trophies/plaques/etc for my top 3 guys, for example, that say something like "Outback RC 1st place / 32nd of 503 RC Pro NCCS" and "Outback RC 2nd place / 74th of 503 RC Pro NCCS". I just don't want my top guy(s) to have nothing. How does that sound as an option for a track to buy for their top guys, whatever the equation is?

As far as formulas go, I was thinking something of this form:

100 + (number_of_entries) / N

as N approaches about 5, you get one interesting effect. Your original formula has N equal to 1, which is really big-turnout favorable.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bob you have a reply to that email.

I think we can come up with an awards deal for say the top 3 at year end fo an individual track. Let me discuss it with our graphix guy.

The main idea on the bonus points is something to offset the increased difficulty with more entries but I don't want to go to far and penalize the small turnouts. I'll play with a couple ideas this discussion inspired and see what I come up with.

Last edited by RC Pro 1; 01-05-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Carlton,

I'm glad that there is a rules structure that I can go off of now, and hopefully other tracks will follow, even if they don't sign up for the club series.

We'll be using our already established Summer Series dates as well as one more day that I'll announce once I have it figured out. This is a good idea and I'm glad The Plex can be a part of it.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Alex! BTW be sure and tell any other tracks in the area about this series. I can't find the contact info for Lincoln to let Mark know about it.

Okay we have 10 tracks now and I've talked to a number of others its just a matter of them going and signing up. Racers let your local tracks know!

Vega75

I need some input from Canadian tracks. Since RCsignup already has a number of them signed up it would be pretty easy to do. The question is how many would be interested. If there are enough we could make a Canadian Series but if we only have a few we might just make it a North America Series. I would like to see atleast 10 tracks from Canada to make a separate series.
If your local track doesn't get on here then have them email me at [email protected]

Last edited by RC Pro 1; 01-06-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I have sent this info to a couple of local tracks. Thanks for keeping club racing alive!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hendrick County RC - Danville Indiana
N-Control Raceway - Austin Texas
DC Offroad RC Park- Avon Park Florida
Hal's Hobby Raceway - El Paso Texas

Have all joined in the last 2 days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.