Wiki Posts
Search

Open Audition for R/C TV show at OCRC!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
But as kids grow older they seem to generate more intrest. Like someone 15 would stick to the hobby more than someone 10 years old.
I have to disagree with you there. I think I appreciated this hobby more when I was 10 years old then I do now in my 20s. It's more of a budget thing IMO. With a 10-year-old's budget, I tended to take care of things and appreciate any new things I get. With a 20-something-year-old's () budget, things are more disposable. I tend to care less of how many motors I went through, or how many cars I go through, so long as the car that I own at the moment gives me a great time at the track. I worry more about the job that helps pays for the cars I buy.

Back to the subject, hmmm, I wonder if the cartoon network needs an antagonist in their plot, a 20-something-year-old antagonist

Old 12-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Germy - Give em my cell... I'll do it via cell.... and I'll nail it like a This Old House!

lol
Old 12-05-2008, 08:55 AM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ahahahhaa

is this the show zach rogers is talking about?
Old 12-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
I have to disagree with you there. I think I appreciated this hobby more when I was 10 years old then I do now in my 20s. It's more of a budget thing IMO. With a 10-year-old's budget, I tended to take care of things and appreciate any new things I get. With a 20-something-year-old's () budget, things are more disposable. I tend to care less of how many motors I went through, or how many cars I go through, so long as the car that I own at the moment gives me a great time at the track. I worry more about the job that helps pays for the cars I buy.

Back to the subject, hmmm, I wonder if the cartoon network needs an antagonist in their plot, a 20-something-year-old antagonist

How many 10 years old actually get enough money to buy stuff like this? If anyhting their dad would buy them the stuff because most want their kids to be more "mechanical" instead of playing Playstation.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
How many 10 years old actually get enough money to buy stuff like this? If anyhting their dad would buy them the stuff because most want their kids to be more "mechanical" instead of playing Playstation.
Well, it took a lot of chores to get my stuff when I was kid! I had to save up some money that relatives would give me for birthdays and such to get it...

It took a lot of savings, but I did manage to get a RC10CE Graphite with it... Friends that I raced with also helped me out with various equipments here and there that they didn't want anymore...

I used to race with another guy close to my age (I think he was 12 or 13) who was sponsored by Peak Performance back in the days and he would give me some of his old motors that he ran once or twice when he didn't like it anymore...

It took a lot of scrounging, but I did manage to do it when I was a child. You should see my RC10CE, it is a FRANKENSTEIN car... I would get turnbuckles, body clips, and screws when I would roam the track for parts left on the dirt...

I have combinations of AE, Losi, and other manufacturer's turnbuckles on that thing, with ball cups that are from AE and Losi... When I needed the right length of turnbuckles and the turnbuckle that was salvaged was too long, I would saw it off with a hack saw...

Ah, the good ol days of using the most minimal equipment to win races... Nowdays, I have fairly decent and nice equipment, but can't race worth a damn!
Old 12-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys,

Keep in mind that the CN might have a totally different type of "RC racing in mind." It might not look anything like the racing that we do on a weekly basis.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeremy Felles
Hey guys,

Keep in mind that the CN might have a totally different type of "RC racing in mind." It might not look anything like the racing that we do on a weekly basis.
Whats with the debates?
None needed....

If Cartoon Network wishes to do an R/C show I say "Sweet!"

So if you are a kid or have a kid, come out on Sunday and meet the
producer and apply....

if not, have a nice day

RB
Old 12-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

what if we are a kid "at heart"?
Old 12-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

DANG!!!!
This would be soooo awesome to do! I'm 16, Well Read, A Great R/C'er and I have always wanted to be on TV! (Looking pretty good is a plus too. )
Too bad I'm on the other side of the USA.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tom_chang79

There you go, they could have some sort of Racer X antogonist character. It could be cast as some 20 yr old with lots of money to buy all the newest top shelf gear, many years of racing experience, and even more attitude.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Only thing about the "racer X" thing is you know exactly who it is when your on the drivers stand!

On the old show "Speed Racer" you didnt know who it was till the end.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKWAV
There you go, they could have some sort of Racer X antogonist character. It could be cast as some 20 yr old with lots of money to buy all the newest top shelf gear, many years of racing experience, and even more attitude.
HA HA HA.... That is totally me. lol
I even have my own enslaved fat pit guy!
Old 12-09-2008, 06:42 PM

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Jeremy Felles
Hey everybody,

OCRC is proud to host an open casting call for a television show coming to the Cartoon Network. The will be called R/C WARS and will feature drivers piloting r/c cars on the small screen.

They will be screening potential show participants next Sunday December 14th at OCRC Raceway.

The production company is looking for drivers between 12 and 18 years of age. They need out-going personalities that will shine on tv, so keep the attitudes poppin. This could be your big chance to become a superstar, so if you (or a friend) fit the profile come on out to OCRC and get yourself noticed.

Producers will be at the track from 11:00am to 5:00pm, so be sure to get here early, sign up to race, and show your skills to the men behind the cameras.

hey if you want to send me a ticket to CA from NY, ill do it
Old 12-10-2008, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jeremy, just shave. You could pass for underage. The 12 year old boys would be all over you.