Community
Wiki Posts
Search

kicked out of a stock class?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As a budget racer I can understand snakebaits anger to the situation and I can see why he pointed out that he drove 2 hours to get there. Thats a fair bit of driving to get to a race meet, weather it be a points event or just a weekly race meet but either way it looks like snakebait supports his local hobby shop more than they support him.

I would like to see a show of hands from those of you that race one class and one class only every race meet you attend?

Then I would like to know how many of you that race only one class take the equipment with you to the track so you can race another class at the drop of a hat?

If your on a budget like I am I doubt you would be to prepared to change classes.

If the owner of the track had given notice prior to the event I'm sure that things would be different now. If the owner hadnt changed his mind back again I think things would be different now.

I see in another forum that the owner would like snakebait to drive 2 hours to go see him so they can sort this mess out face to face but I think in this case the owner needs to be the one making the 2 hour effort.

Having said all this snakebait, you need to bump yourself up but it shouldnt happen this way.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

if the owner is pulling just as consitently fast times as snake why didnt he jump up to mod so there wrre at least 4 people racing?

Then take the guy who won the stock class toss him a loaner to run mod and now you have Mod class with 5 people for a night.

I just started racing at my lhs, and it is absolutely fun, but as a novice, my goal is to move up, get better, I also want to have competition and if I am lapping the field at least once on a regular basis - I would be asking the race director to move up, or working with the race director to put on a clinic to show drivers how to maeuver thru the turns, how to pass, coming up with (your own lines - etc. Not only would you be helping your fellow driver but by making them better they are more likely to move up to mod... giving an even bigger mod field

I compare racing to golf, its all about course management there is a ton of strategy involved. Share that knowledge wether its at this track or whatever new track you find.

We all should be should be finding ways to share this hobby - next door is 3 Russian kids (2 of which are autistic) but they love it - their faces light up (like mine would if Megan Fox showed up at my doorstep wearing nothing but Hersheys syrup) when I grab the car for some evening stress relief and tear off up and down the street, the kids love it so much that the parents I noticed the other day bought them all Nikko RC's (got to start somewhere!) next time I see them walking to the school parking lot im going to grab my rc and go play with them maybe let them drive my TC3 while I chase them around with a Nikko
Old 12-04-2008, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

how long is this darn thread going to go
Old 12-04-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
how long is this darn thread going to go
until the end...
Old 12-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Initiate

this is stupid. this guy needs to get a job and a life. enid is a good place to race. its the only indoor track with four tracks to run on and about ten to twelve people race there. offroad is not that popular in okla its an oval kingdom in tulsa okla .snake you have praised this track for years you just wanted to not run mod because of expense and the low car count hell there is hardly enough people to race if it werent for the owners you would of not had a place to race at all except tulsas oval tracks and i know how much you love tulsas track not! you should of delt with this inhouse but know you can no longer race in enid because you threatend a bunch of guys you hardly know. i would whatch my back if i was you. your calling me a crybaby too cause i race there. enid is a three acre building and we are lucky to have a facility as good as it is sorry you and the owners got into a misunderstanding they tried to help you out and you just blew up now all you can do is talk trash about a track.the track is the best in the state we are lucky to have such a good place to race. its really to nice especialy for you! you have gone of the deeeeeeeeeeeep end and now you have to leave the state to race because of your bad atittude whitch you have quick temper and are irrational about this grow up your riding buddy to enid but not now see ya in the funny papers oh yea get a job you really screwed up here buddy
Old 12-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mobileracer24
this is stupid. this guy needs to get a job and a life. enid is a good place to race. its the only indoor track with four tracks to run on and about ten to twelve people race there. offroad is not that popular in okla its an oval kingdom in tulsa okla .snake you have praised this track for years you just wanted to not run mod because of expense and the low car count hell there is hardly enough people to race if it werent for the owners you would of not had a place to race at all except tulsas oval tracks and i know how much you love tulsas track not! you should of delt with this inhouse but know you can no longer race in enid because you threatend a bunch of guys you hardly know. i would whatch my back if i was you. your calling me a crybaby too cause i race there. enid is a three acre building and we are lucky to have a facility as good as it is sorry you and the owners got into a misunderstanding they tried to help you out and you just blew up now all you can do is talk trash about a track.the track is the best in the state we are lucky to have such a good place to race. its really to nice especialy for you! you have gone of the deeeeeeeeeeeep end and now you have to leave the state to race because of your bad atittude whitch you have quick temper and are irrational about this grow up your riding buddy to enid but not now see ya in the funny papers oh yea get a job you really screwed up here buddy
a 3 acre building and there is only 12 locals????
Old 12-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'm surprised they run a class with only 2-3 racers.....
Old 12-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
a 3 acre building and there is only 12 locals????
makes a person wonder why?
Old 12-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

I was just thinkin that is a TON of space! We have atrack here that sees over 200 entries in a 60x120 pole barn.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Hell i get 8 people a week to come run on my 70x 40 track in my back yard during fair weather seasons.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

as a budget racer? stock was way more expensive to run than mod until recently.

Originally Posted by Super_Roo
As a budget racer I can understand snakebaits anger to the situation and I can see why he pointed out that he drove 2 hours to get there. Thats a fair bit of driving to get to a race meet, weather it be a points event or just a weekly race meet but either way it looks like snakebait supports his local hobby shop more than they support him.

I would like to see a show of hands from those of you that race one class and one class only every race meet you attend?

Then I would like to know how many of you that race only one class take the equipment with you to the track so you can race another class at the drop of a hat?

If your on a budget like I am I doubt you would be to prepared to change classes.

If the owner of the track had given notice prior to the event I'm sure that things would be different now. If the owner hadnt changed his mind back again I think things would be different now.

I see in another forum that the owner would like snakebait to drive 2 hours to go see him so they can sort this mess out face to face but I think in this case the owner needs to be the one making the 2 hour effort.

Having said all this snakebait, you need to bump yourself up but it shouldnt happen this way.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FRANKENSTEIN
as a budget racer? stock was way more expensive to run than mod until recently.
And also time consuming as well....I hated pulling the motor every run just to clean and oil the bushings....just to get that extra oz of performance that you think you might squeeze out of that motor
Old 12-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

One thing that seems to have been a consistent topic brought up in this thread is that running mod would solve all this guys problems.

If he was to be moved to mod for being "too consistent" or "too fast", whatever. If he is as fast in mod as he was in stock, what then?

At what point do you call it good that the guy is just fast? Will guys running mod currently be allowed to "bump down" so they can run stock to avoid the "Snake effect"? Or, are they locked forever in mod?

Seems this whole thing could have been avoided if a consistent definition of what defines a "stock" class versus a "skills" based class was adopted by the track. Maybe that is something the track should look into for the future to avoid the issue as currently there definition of "stock" seems like it needs tweaking so people know if they are legal to continue in it, based on what the rules as Snake stated there were defined.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbonium
makes a person wonder why?

The same reason the track in Lawton didn't make it. Its the middle of nowhere and its an military town. They spend their money on other things. If it was in some place like Tulsa it would be fine.

Kinda disappointed in your comments Wes. Really never pegged you as that kinda guy.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

well, not sure what you mean by "that kind of guy", im just relaying my experience at the track in question...not really trying to bash the track or owners, but i have had a couple of these situations there myself.

i personally haven't been there in quite a while, mainly cause i hardly run any off-road, and don't care for the on-road surface there at all.

and i do agree with the OPs idea that he wants to run in the biggest class... especially when there are other people in the class that run just as fast.

Wes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.