Wiki Posts
Search

kicked out of a stock class?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eichkay
I thought this was a old thread by the page count..

Im a mod guy myself, Anyone can run in stock for as long as they want at the tracks around here. I myself, seriously wonder why someone would run stock all the time for years on end but each to there own, When your up front running with the constant racer its a real rush.. Thats enuff motivation, for the existing guys to want a better driver in the class

If you dont have someones your trying to beat whats the point in running in that class day after day.. It will just get boring (but if you want boring and the glory good for you),

Maybe if you move to mod more will follow, maybe they are in stock because no one else is in mod.
good points, and there is only about 2 other mod guys, the majority of the buggies run in the stock class.

Originally Posted by DJ919
LOL...wow, two good points on opposite sides of the coin. Novice and Sportsmen classes are always the answer for the on going phenom of "bumping"...Stock should be the initial class in which bumping is eliminated. Stock and after, it should be the Racer's choice if they wish to bump up. With the exception of a Novice class, a racer shouldn't be forced to bump up simply because he or she became skilled within the class they race. In this particular case, the racer is paying the track, the track is not paying racer. You should be allowed to race in any class you like and not be burden with the worry of being bumped simply because you are good at your class. Again with the exception of Novice class. ...J.M.O.

very good points and ur opinion seems to be with the majority. Too bad it seems the minorties on here(the ones that are attempting to rip me)are mainly just the few racers at this track....imagine that.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SnakeBait
andy ur right racing was fun, no reason to even be asked to move up or out, STOCK IS NOT A SKILLS BASED CLASS, however sportsman is. point is the owners said straight up i couldn't race stock and for no real reason, discrimination, yes.

have fun racing with no one, no wonder no one wants to come out to race. look at the clowns running it. 2hrs to be forced to a different class, ya lots of buddies out there. . . . .

well maybe u have things u need to clairify with the track owners, because both of them said "i have guys in there complaining." that is when i asked about lap times and previous racers (that no longer race) that "dominated" stock classes there for 2-3 season's, never got an answer....

how is stock not a skills based class? if that was the case.....a 4 year old would win. you have a set motor limit, so the cars are basically even speed wise. it takes skill to setup the car, skill to drive......skill to win. you really are in the absolute wrong mentality based on your story vs. what the guy from your track said a page back. you were invited back into stock class yet still refused to race..........you got what you wanted and turned it down. who's the cry baby?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Initiate

no this isn't a spec class.

they have sportsman
stock
mod.

mod only has 2 ppl, stock has 6 or so.
I drive 2 hours to get to the track so to me i want to race with the most amount of ppl.
they said i couldn't run in a stock class with my stock gear and sent me on my way.
they didnt send you on your way, you chose to leave.. maybe stick around and try a challenge? thats what i would of done...

and if you got your butt handed to you in the mod class, then maybe its time to get some better parts and keep up..

not trying to offend you, but a challenge would be better than a blow out
Old 12-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lil_man72
c'mon x, each class has rules. as long as you're not cheating every class is even as possible.

snake if you're car was legal then the track owners are idiots and deserve the low turnouts they get. plain and simple if a racers car/electronics are legal you can't not let them run a class because they drive to good.

i don't like stock myself, but we have several local racers that have raced for years and that's all they run. some say because it evens the field, others because it's easier on the drive train and saves money overall.

novice or sportsman is the only class i've ever heard of people being moved out of because they were dominating.

you should be allowed to run in any spec., stock, or mod class you choose.
Your right and in a case that both sides can be right. I think you should be able to run any class you want as long as its with in the guide lines.
I agree 100% but mod ends the argument of he out bought out studied out driven and so on. No excuses class. Mod evens the playing field and is the true driving class. All classes have a spec to follow and makes me wonder why we call any one class a spec class? If you want to shine and test your skills you have to challenge your self at the highest level in RC racing. That would be mod. IMO.
If you want to inspire "RACING" I think we owe it to our selves and the sport to race in the proper class on our own honor and be true to our reason for that decision.

I also believe most programs will not prosper with out a mod class.

From what I'm learning now he should not have been forced to move but rather moved the other two down with him.
As far as the guide lines would be read in the rules.

This is a classic case of why I hate points seasons they bring out to much I want to win mentality to a club atmosphere.

I would kill the points and run a club race with a 2 month race off to see how well every one is advancing.

Thats my conclusion to this mess. The points started it and its the only way to end it. The damage may be done.?
Old 12-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Tech Lord

good points, and there is only about 2 other mod guys, the majority of the buggies run in the stock class.

very good points and ur opinion seems to be with the majority. Too bad it seems the minorties on here(the ones that are attempting to rip me)are mainly just the few racers at this track....imagine that.
Thats what happens when people get on and are honest you just have to decide whats right for your self and take the info given and to whats right either way some one wont like it.

I feel for ya.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrew m
robert i want to clear the air. no one went to darin and whined or cried about you running in the stock class with us we were all pretty upset when they asked u to switch. one reason darin asked u to move up was the fact that u ran in the mod class on 11-22 and finished what in the top 3 with a 13.5 in ur car. if u can do that u should run mod. but i understand that u like to run stock as do i and our lap times and lap totals are always close. but reason number two is that the two mod racers that were signed up wanted to come down and run with us also but darin told them no as well as telling u no. so theres none of the discrimination that you have been preaching about. and finally after u put a mod motor in ur car ran 5-10 laps of practice u decided it wasnt for u. u then pulled the motor that i loaned u out packed up ur things had a talk with darin telling him how dissappointed u were and demanded ur money back. which u got ur money and darin then said if u wanted to run stock u could because he didnt want to lose u as a customer but u decided to leave instead of going ahead and racing. sorry bro i knw it sucks that things happened the way they did but whats done is done and it was fun racing against u.....
There is a term for this. I believe it's sandbagger no offense.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:52 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrew m
robert i want to clear the air. no one went to darin and whined or cried about you running in the stock class with us we were all pretty upset when they asked u to switch. one reason darin asked u to move up was the fact that u ran in the mod class on 11-22 and finished what in the top 3 with a 13.5 in ur car. if u can do that u should run mod. but i understand that u like to run stock as do i and our lap times and lap totals are always close. but reason number two is that the two mod racers that were signed up wanted to come down and run with us also but darin told them no as well as telling u no. so theres none of the discrimination that you have been preaching about. and finally after u put a mod motor in ur car ran 5-10 laps of practice u decided it wasnt for u. u then pulled the motor that i loaned u out packed up ur things had a talk with darin telling him how dissappointed u were and demanded ur money back. which u got ur money and darin then said if u wanted to run stock u could because he didnt want to lose u as a customer but u decided to leave instead of going ahead and racing. sorry bro i knw it sucks that things happened the way they did but whats done is done and it was fun racing against u.....
Just because he finished in the top 3 in mod with a 13.5 means almost nothing and heres why I say that...............Alot of tracks mod is really no faster and even at are current track I race at mod is not an advantage in anyway other than the WOW factor when you rip the small straight and you have to let off so much with the mod motor that stock is just as fast.

The owner giving the racer his money back when he asked was suprising to me but props to him for doing so as to me that tells me the owner seemly is a stand up guy.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:29 AM
MDB
Suspended

Originally Posted by wyd

The owner giving the racer his money back when he asked was suprising to me but props to him for doing so as to me that tells me the owner seemly is a stand up guy.
To me, from the report that andrew gave, the problem is not the track, it is snakebite. They asked him to move to Mod. He threw a temper tantrum, demanded his money back and wanted to leave. They then said he could race in Stock, likely trying to stop the crying. He still wanted his money back, so they gave it too him and he left. That is not the tracks fault, it's yours snakebite.

To me when he left and said he was not coming back was probably the best thing to happen to the track.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:51 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Nowadays in todays day and age I just hate to see any track have customers leave. As I get older and I hope wiser () I want all tracks and shops to stay open because I want a place to race and hangout for me, friends and all others.

This would seem if level heads where used this could be one of the easier problems to resolve for all parties involved.

Snake tracks are few and far between so it is worth loosing a place to race over something so dumb? I like to run certain classes but if the owner needs to bump to another class to help him out hell I do it to help out because in the end I just want to race and have a decent shop/track to go to.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1

at the cap city classic last year in sacramento there was a huge bunch of pissed off people at the guy who won mod because he ran a stock motor. people will complain about anything, especially on the internet. if i were the guy who started this thread, i would have intelligently defended my stance on why i should be able to race while i was still at the track. instead, he becomes a typical rc tech trash talk thread starter. there are 3 sides to every story.

pfffft.

Originally Posted by wyd
Just because he finished in the top 3 in mod with a 13.5 means almost nothing and heres why I say that...............Alot of tracks mod is really no faster and even at are current track I race at mod is not an advantage in anyway other than the WOW factor when you rip the small straight and you have to let off so much with the mod motor that stock is just as fast.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Snake, this is supposed to be fun man take a breath put your snake between your legs get back there and start racing again in Mod.

Encourage a few of the other quick stock guys to follow you so each class has 5-6 drivers then everyone can have the fun intended.

Work with the owners not against them

Good Luck Snake
Old 12-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Initiate

holly crap page 7 now this is making world headlines now
Old 12-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Race

Some of the best races that I have ever been in where stock races. Stock requires better lines and fewer mistakes than mods. Just my two cents, but in 5 years of competitive experience this is what I have experienced.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

I think the key to keeping any track going would be more the people than the rules. I just recently joined a club for the first time for some racing, and there is only an open electric class. I get the snot kicked out of me on the track by faster cars with powerful motors, 4wd's against the B4 etc, but I don't care because they are all great guys, and that makes it fun.

I think to a point the track managers/owners should have the main call on how the classes are set up. But really, they need to listen to their racers. They are, afterall, their life-blood. If a racer is adament they want to race in a particular class, I would think the manager needs a damn good reason to deny them.

BTW, if that issue that started the thread got cleared up earlier, I apologise for dribbling. I saw this start up a few days ago, blinked, and it spun to umpteen pages!
Old 12-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Tech Lord

What I am gathering is that the owner thought he could bump one man to mod to make a class. Although 2 can hardly run in a point series 3 is no better.
They should have brought the 2 mods down and ran a larger stock class.

And I bet thats why the 2 mod guys were wanting to run stock.

I hope they get it resolved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.