Wiki Posts
Search

lipo in b4 buggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by el Bourlando
would less punch be good in some instances? less wheel spin in mod, with the 16c rated pack?
I dunno. I would just pull out some end point before limiting my battery power or just put in a slower motor.... Right ?
Old 11-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turtlebmx
I wanted to put a trakpower or checkpoint battery in my b4. any problems fitting them in car. what would be the biggest i'd want to go with?

check on the motor/battery/gearing chart - mike wiler (he's a pro at our track) posted his b4 and trackpower lipo setup .. i don't remember it off the top of my head..
Old 11-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by jamminnay
well i did not think that one ounce sounded right...
I run stock brushless in my b4 and wanted to keep the weight down. I added the minimum amount just to get to the min roar legal weight and set the car up accordingly.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

I run a J82 with a superstock motor and 3600 30C battery, i did not add any weight. Car is dialed for my driving style. Car jumps well, balanced, and is extremely fast going down the straightaway. For most cars you will need to add weight because of the major difference between nimh and lipo. I added a about 1 ounce of weight to my b44 to help compensate. Make sure to add weight as close to the midline and as low as possible. You want to have a low center of gravity. good luck
Old 11-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

True... the 4wd buggies can run pretty well at the ROAR minimum 3.5lbs so you might not have to add much.

I know several guys running B44 that add 2oz and a few who added 4oz

My XX4 weighs in at 3.51 and it's pretty good although at times I think it would be more planted if I added a little more weight.