Wiki Posts
Search

Slash Rentals...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kings Kid
that would be $35 at your local track. I've seen you break close to that in parts in one day.
Joke... only when i break a chassis it get to 25$
Old 11-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking ME TOO

Funny..
I came here to look into the duablity of the Slash for a rental truck @ our Corn Maze and Award Winning Haunt
"Conover Mystery Ranch" by ScreamWorks.org (YES, Shamless plug)

My Local shop sold me on the trucks because speed controler that has a 50% power setting.
But said the" DIFF" is the weak part, but would last on 50% setting.

For older 16+ I wanted to rent w/100% setting. To show the full power and I would sell the truck on site too.

So.. Is the diff a problem?

Phantom

-----------------------------------------------------------------
FYI: 8yrs RCracing,20+yrs 1:1 off-road, and have too many RCcars to count!
Old 12-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

The Diff shouldn't be a problem. If it can run on some of the threads I've read about them between brushless and Lipo packs. there shouldn't be a problem. Rental Idea is an awesome one.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

dr_hfuhuhurr - Congratulations on implementing one of the best ideas I've heard in RC in years. We had a track here in the 90's that had a similar program, but I think the scale realism of the Slash will help tremendously.

Check your PM's...I've got something you might be interested in.

Phantom - The diff is not a problem...not even close. I've bashed the truck that I've used for several months of racing, and have only replaced one broken part that was the casualty of an intended, head-on collision.

Moral of the story? It's tough as nails, even on 100% mode and with a Li-Po pack. It's practically made to be a rental! Check your PM's as well
Old 12-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Carolinas R/C (www.Carolinasrc.com) in Charlotte NC currently uses this set-up. They have 8 rental trucks. The trucks have a flat fee of $10 for the day and come with Unlimited batteries. Added to this $10 you have to either pay for practice $5 per day or pay the racing fees for the evening. $10-15. This is a huge success and I have to give Jon a hand for this Idea. He has taken it farther by adding Spektrum radios to the trucks just incase a new racer or someone else is still using the factory traxxas radio. I will say that you get alot with that $25 and you guys would be suprised at the amount of broken parts by young inexperienced drivers and an actual race track. These things bash great yes but when you put 5-6 of them on a track to beat and bang stuff will break. And to the guy above who has the sponsored trucks... Good luck keeping the bodies in good condition. Maybe doubleing them up and putting a clear body over the nice wrapped one is an idea..

Good luck and I'd like to give you a hand as well for introducing the sport to a new group of R/Cer.... Hope it works out for you.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

[QUOTE=SRC_DRIVER;5128367] Good luck keeping the bodies in good condition. fiberglass drywall tape and shoe goo will take care of that problem!