Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your opinions on the Caster Racing Fusion

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Never heard of Caster other than this forum and my LHS doesn't carry it would be my reasons...
Old 09-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

I really like the idea of an 8th scale electric, but right now there's too many barriers to entry. Money only goes so far and I spend a lot of it just in support of racing my one 10th scale truck. Even at $300 for the chassis, you're looking at laying down about $600-700 altogether, which is a lot of money these days. Forget about the 8ight-E, it doesn't even exist in my financial scenario!

The other issue is, lack of people to race against. I wouldn't want to run it with the nitro guys and the uptake on electric 8th scale conversions locally hasn't been real good (I think I've seen one, since Novak introduced their kits).

I think the quick uptake of the Slash is a sign of the times, financially...so this probably ties into that.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

OK, I'll bite. The Caster Racing Fusion was designed by Dustin Peckham and Cam Martin. Dustin Peckham has been playing with brushless for years and Dustin designed the original 8ight-e there is a thread about his brushless conversion of a Losi buggy back in Sept 2006. So, that being said, we own the 1/8 scale electric market and the Caster is the better, new and improved model in our opinion. Dustin, Cam, and myself are from Iowa and Cam races 1/10 scale primarily, but will has made it to the rc pro series finals in Dallas for the second time this year for 1/8 scale running Caster products.

Last edited by hakmazter; 09-22-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...d.php?t=226163

There you go. Now you know who it was designed by, when, and why.

Cam and Dustin are actual racers who design actual racing products and are the engineering staff of Caster Racing.

However, is local hobby support that big of deal? If so, ask your lhs to carry us. However, we have over $100,000 in parts on the wall at Caster USA, so support really shouldn't be an issue, especially if you have ever bought from amain or tower.....

I was just trying to know what was going on. My personal big concern is the economy. I think that we will have big problems in the future. I am just glad that Caster USA is set up so that it can ride through the storm for years if necessary.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

SO, if we can come up with a nice race ready rtr version for $500, that would be a fair target price? Since we have no competition, it is hard to figure out where to have a price point. If we are too cheap, we lose credibility, if we are too expensive, we just collect dust on the shelves. I wish the name was more recognized. I would love to be able to charge $1000 like Losi and have full page ads in every magazine.... I am just glad they jumped in as a manufacturer to add legitimacy to the marketplace as a whole. However, there are over 10,000 posts in the conversion thread......
Old 09-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Maybe e-1/8th just hasn't boomed yet.

Prolly will though.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

my 2cents no.1 electric 8th scale just hasent taken off at any local track yet and even at 300.00 you will still spend another 600.00 to get it up and running and thats if you already own a radio. no.2 as good as the caster looks its kinda on an old mugen based chassis wich in this day and age its considerd out dated even if it still performs well people always whant the latest greatest in rc. racing just a fact. no.3 who carries the caster? i dont see them on tower or amainhobbies heck nowhere, most people that buy rc cars either whant to walk into their hobbyshop and just get a part or go online to one of the main stream stores like amainhobbies and order a part. i do think the main reason for lack of youre sales is the economy and lack of race support at tracks just look at the d8 buggy and the rc8t that just both came out they both had huge hype but yet neither are on back oreder anywhere alot of that is due to a very piss poor economy i think alot of other manufactures are also struggling heck ae just droped the price on the rc8t from 600.00 to 519.00 just to move kits. until i see 10-20 electric 8th scale buggies showing up at my track im not shelling out the mula to own one.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by hakmazter
SO, if we can come up with a nice race ready rtr version for $500, that would be a fair target price? Since we have no competition, it is hard to figure out where to have a price point. If we are too cheap, we lose credibility, if we are too expensive, we just collect dust on the shelves. I wish the name was more recognized. I would love to be able to charge $1000 like Losi and have full page ads in every magazine.... I am just glad they jumped in as a manufacturer to add legitimacy to the marketplace as a whole. However, there are over 10,000 posts in the conversion thread......
You won't lose credibility by being too cheap, but you sure will if you charge similarly to the bigger better-known brands that pay for all sorts of full-page ads and team driver salaries and etc.

Seems that the best way to get a foot in the door, and build your own base of loyal customers, is to undercut the competition -- by a bunch.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

The key really is having a good solid product, and being able to back it up with support if necessary. The other BIG names didn't happen overnight, but good products made them what they are. B4's and XXX's are super reliable, and well designed, that's why racers made them as popular as they are. Make sure your product is like that, and just keep plugging away.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Perfect. We have all our bases covered then and will just wait. I just was curious as to what was going on in the thoughts and minds of consumers/racers. You all answered my questions.

We have a solid product, we have support, now we need dealers and I can personally promise that we will never leave anyone high and dry like a recent company did that was accused of being involved with Caster...... We aren't going anywhere and we will just anxiously wait for the rc driver review....
Old 09-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cracka
Compared to what -- starter boxes, battery packs, receiver packs, nitro engine break in and incessant tuning?
Originally Posted by RB FIVE
rocket rob has a point here.

anyway, yea tuning maintenance and trouble shooting in nitro is pretty intensive for a noob. Moreso then a lipo battery and a bec.
good point
Old 09-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well considering that Caster was the FIRST to release a production Electric 1/8th scale. They started a trend that others have scrambeled and stumbled to keep up. The major manufactures now whats to come and its all about who can do it right first. Yes product support is key. But every company has to start somewhere. It would corprate suicide if Caster put kits and parts in every hobby whop out there all at once. Caster is a very personable company. I race on a consistent basis with Cam Martin and Dustin Peckum. For a small group of guys to even get you guys flustered is a great accoplishment. In my opinion you will all see Caster Racing At the the worlds sometime in the near future.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I ran mine last weekend, the most fun I ever had...so much power and car is solid as a rock, great quality on parts...etc.

AND

I ran mine stock...out of the box
Old 09-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We have a guy at our local track that runs a caster and I hate to be the one that says it but that thing is always in peices. Seems the rear diff area was always the problem. Who know could have been his own doing. Thought I would mention it since your looking for feedback.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The new cars have updated gear train in them. they have fixed the problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.