Associated Off Road Desert Truck ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated Off Road Desert Truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Associated Off Road Desert Truck ?

Traxxas has made a big "Splash" with their desert truck "Splash". I think what drivers like is the wheels inside the body. Associated has interest in the full size off road desert trucks so I wonder how long it will be before Associated comes out with their own version?? Anybody have any insight or heard any rumors of such ?? Thanks.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Sounds like a good idea.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know the Traxxa slash seems to be selling units, but is anyone buying the Losi desert truck? I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Associated come out with one in the next couple of months.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

I know stitchy would buy one....
Old 07-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

My feelings are the average racer is tired of trucks that are unrealistic, such as wide wheels, wheels that outsize the actual truck. IMO I see the CORE concept of off road desert trucks as the way to go and (hopefully) see that as the future of off road truck racing. Enough of these wide tired kiddy cars. I really hope Associated gets with the program and puts out a competitive desert truck.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Naa i think the trucks the way they are now are better for racing but i think these desert platforms need to follow traxxas in order to create a spec racinng series at the club level.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

I can't imagine the Losi truck is doing anywhere near as well as the slash.

I really think what drives people to the slash are 2 things. It is the most scale looking truck to ever come to market that actually performs well enough for race conditions. The 2nd thing is the features for price. It has turnbuckles, ball bearings, hex head metric screws, and near indestructible plastic.

It can be a cheap 2nd or 3rd class for current racers or a very affordable entry level class for new people.

The losi is just another version of the xxx-t and doesn't look like any full scale desert truck I have ever seen on the course.

Hopefully AE is paying attention and if they do introduce a truck it will follow the path of the slash rather than the losi.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It would sell if it is and can be in the same class as the Slash. It needs to be the same size, and that will put people in the position of trying to better the vehicle they have to beat the other. Making the class grow...
Old 07-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Would you rather have a vehicle more capable of offroad and better at handling, or a vehivle that is scale? I would rather get the one that preforms the best, wouldnt you? And Losi tried to make a truck that looked like a desert truck but still had the same performance of a xxx-t at a cheaper price tag. Traxxas was aimed at who mommy, that truck is cool. Can I have it?
Old 07-04-2008, 01:57 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

would never happen. as far as spec racing-every1 wants it but its the biggest joke of all. sounds great sounds fair to all who are paranoid of being inadequate (did i just say that), but it just doesnt work.

R
Old 07-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
Would you rather have a vehicle more capable of offroad and better at handling, or a vehivle that is scale? I would rather get the one that preforms the best, wouldnt you? And Losi tried to make a truck that looked like a desert truck but still had the same performance of a xxx-t at a cheaper price tag. Traxxas was aimed at who mommy, that truck is cool. Can I have it?

Are you sure about that? Everyone I know that has it have there own kids. I would rather have the more realistic truck myself. I did not like the Losi truck as soon as I saw it, but of course I have never cared for losi racing trucks nor the big A. I guess thats why I only raced touring car because they were realistic looking. Thats why monster trucks have done so well over the years. They looked realistic. You could have a Monster jam right in your back yard. Now you can have CORR racing there too.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

1/8 Scale Buggies are by far the most popular RC vehicle being raced in the States and they look like nothing else, real or otherwise.

Whats driving Slash sales is that they are inexpensive and durable and perform reasonably well.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

In talking to lots of other people who are embracing the Slash as a racing class, and just from my own perspective (having just finally bought one myself), the Slash is taking off for a number of reasons. Top of the list is the scale appearance - it looks like a real CORR truck, it's big and rugged, and with the stock motor/gearing and tires, it MOVES like you'd expect a real truck to. It isn't zipping around the track at the scale equivalent of 200mph, so it looks more realistic in action. Racing them as-is presents a situation where winning is more up to the driver's skill than their pocketbook...so that's also attractive. They just have a really high fun factor and that's why people are embracing the Slash the way they are. Right now we're all calling it the "Slash" class but it seems unreasonable to expect that AE and others wouldn't design a similar spec CORR truck, to get a piece of the pie. Soon we'll be calling it the "Mini CORR" class.

I just hope people can resist the seemingly innate urge to form a "mod" class for it...kinda defeats the purpose of a scale-looking and driving truck, IMO.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I know stitchy would buy one....
No I wouldn...yeah, maybe I would...damn
Old 07-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kdeselms
In talking to lots of other people who are embracing the Slash as a racing class, and just from my own perspective (having just finally bought one myself), the Slash is taking off for a number of reasons. Top of the list is the scale appearance - it looks like a real CORR truck, it's big and rugged, and with the stock motor/gearing and tires, it MOVES like you'd expect a real truck to. It isn't zipping around the track at the scale equivalent of 200mph, so it looks more realistic in action. Racing them as-is presents a situation where winning is more up to the driver's skill than their pocketbook...so that's also attractive. They just have a really high fun factor and that's why people are embracing the Slash the way they are. Right now we're all calling it the "Slash" class but it seems unreasonable to expect that AE and others wouldn't design a similar spec CORR truck, to get a piece of the pie. Soon we'll be calling it the "Mini CORR" class.

I just hope people can resist the seemingly innate urge to form a "mod" class for it...kinda defeats the purpose of a scale-looking and driving truck, IMO.
I agree the slash is very inexpesive, i think that if team associated came out with a truck, first it would be better designed therefore it would hurt the spec aspect and it would be alot more expesive and i would not have bought a slash if it cost any more than 200$ i think ths it true beacause i do not kno anyone who has bought the losi truck and i think the associated will be similar to the losi in the sence that it will be a stadium truck with a small body, thats why the slash is cool beacause its a purpus built CORR truck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.