Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tekno Conversions Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc
Sorry we missed the email, we were at the Silver State Challenge so it may have slipped through. To answer your question, the chassis' are very specific to the vehicles they are made for. I don't think it would be very easy to adapt one to the Kyosho. Anything's possible, but it would be a bit of work. Thanks.
thanks for the reply. My email could have been spammed. sometimes that happens. no worries.

the only things would need to match up correctly are the driveshafts from the center diffs, and the front and rear axles assemblies.

does anyone out there know, or have a measurement for the spacing of the screws for the different chassis. if i had those measurements, i might be able to make the kyosho work on a specific tekno chassis.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Initiate

This question is regarding the center spur placement on the new rc8t v3 conversion. About how far over did you move it?

Also when will it be in stock?

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Old 04-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marzac2
Cool. Does it have solder tabs?
Old 04-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Cool. Does it have solder tabs?
It's a top wire exit, solder the connectors of your choice.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

when will that motor be out? would it work in an 8t?
Old 04-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZERTA RACING
when will that motor be out? would it work in an 8t?
Soon . They were made specifically for buggies (a little smaller than a truggy motor).
Old 04-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

ok looks like i will have to buy a buggy
Old 04-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys I just finished building up my Tekno D8 but found out that my car body doesn't quite fit the chassis.....what should I do?
Thanks....
Old 04-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oblivionixx
Hi guys I just finished building up my Tekno D8 but found out that my car body doesn't quite fit the chassis.....what should I do?
Thanks....
In what way doesn't it fit? My Tekno converted D8's body fits nice!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Initiate

It seems that the car body can well cover the mud guard on the right side but not for the left side. I mean that for the mud guard on the left side I need to use some force to make the body to cover it. From what I understand the battery side (left side) of the chassis is a little bit wider than the right side right? If it is fine can you show me your photos of D8 Tekno conversion so I can make comparison, especially some photos of the bottom side of the car.
Thanks
Old 04-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oblivionixx
It seems that the car body can well cover the mud guard on the right side but not for the left side. I mean that for the mud guard on the left side I need to use some force to make the body to cover it. From what I understand the battery side (left side) of the chassis is a little bit wider than the right side right? If it is fine can you show me your photos of D8 Tekno conversion so I can make comparison, especially some photos of the bottom side of the car.
Thanks
To be honest with you, mine does exactly as you says yours does. Ity's not terribly off but a little noitcable if you really look hard. So far it hasn't posed any problems for me. I think it has something to do with the guards or maybe chassis, because nothing inside the car is hitting the body. I think the next body I get I will cut it abit longer on the one side?
Old 04-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks a lot.....
so I can just get it rock n roll
Old 04-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marzac2
I'll try to answer some of these and Tekno can correct my bad memory about the ones out of my knowledge base.

1. It's 50mm wide x 150 long. And you can cut the rear border off to accommodate longer packs. I did this for a Zippy 190mm long pack, than I ran an extra strap around the long battery pack. Without cutting, you can almost fit a 170mm pack in there, because the packs aren't perfectly squared off at the ends. And thanks to these rounded ends, they still fit the length well. Can't exceed 50mm on the width though. And the height is only limited by what can fit under the body (about 50mm for most batteries) and is different for different bodies.

2. Side impakts have never been an issue in all of our testing. The mud guards are tall and strong enough to keep anything from entering the battery area from the side. And the three strap system keeps the battery WAY more secure than a one strap system (I've run both).

3. No one on our team has run hard case lipo's yet (I think hard case rules should NOT apply to our large batteries, but this is another issue for debate). Tekno can let you know if they fit for sure because he has access to these items to test fit for you. I imagine the 3 strap system will provide the best support for this "stacked" battery configuration though.

4. This one is hard for me because I am currently running a square can motor. However, the fins don't matter if you want to instal them in to the Tekno motor mount. They come in three sizes to accommodate various motor diameters (even the finned ones). Just check your motor for dimensions and get the right mount for that diameter.

5. I have approached and discussed this with many pro's and factory guys. So has Tekno (even more so). I talk to them all whenever I see them at a race (witch can be often here in So Cal.). I get mixed feedback about our segment of the hobby. However when talking to The Drake about what he thought of the future for us and he was surprisingly optimistic. He said he thought nitro would always be around and electric wouldn't replace it, but he knew it was up and coming FAST. He knows it will play a major role in the future of our hobby and so do most of the factory people.

6. Tekno will have to send you pictures of these. He's become quite partial to racing his RC8 prototype conversion and loves the way that car drives.

I hope this helps out!

HEY MAN HOW DID YOU GET THAT BODY TO FIT? I BOUGHT ONE BECAUSE I SAW THIS PIC OF YOURS. IT HITS EVERYWHERE. I CAN REMEDY THE CONTACT WITH THE MMM, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MOTOR. I DONT SEE ANY HOLES OR CLIPS IN THE REAR, MAYBE THATS THE KEY. LMK.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

HEY MAN HOW DID YOU GET THAT BODY TO FIT? I BOUGHT ONE BECAUSE I SAW THIS PIC OF YOURS. IT HITS EVERYWHERE. I CAN REMEDY THE CONTACT WITH THE MMM, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MOTOR. I DONT SEE ANY HOLES OR CLIPS IN THE REAR, MAYBE THATS THE KEY. LMK.
I used velcro on this body as well as the Losi e-body. I also use only square can motors. The square can motors have the lowest clearance. If you are running a large diameter round can motor in the motor mount, it would be a bit taller.

Check out the new Lektron series motors. They have the lowest clearance available. I have one of these installed in my 8ight buggy and the motor sits lower than the center diff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.