Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone from Grand Terrace, CA area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jla8874
Okay, I hear all that, but there's still the issue of the tracking number that he claims he sent. And is it just an extraordinary coincidence that the EXACT item that I haven't received is being sold AGAIN from the same city? How often do you see complete quick change hubs with axles on ebay? Never. I know because I look everyday. If he's such a stand up guy then someone please ask him what the deal is with this, and where's the tracking number?
Like I said before he's hardcore...and he has LOTS of stuff. Rest assured...he'll get asked. Hit up Louis (-flood, from the Pegasus thread)...I think they may well carpool to the track, so I bet he has his number...I'll see what I can do...
Old 07-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jla8874
Okay, I hear all that, but there's still the issue of the tracking number that he claims he sent. And is it just an extraordinary coincidence that the EXACT item that I haven't received is being sold AGAIN from the same city? How often do you see complete quick change hubs with axles on ebay? Never. I know because I look everyday. If he's such a stand up guy then someone please ask him what the deal is with this, and where's the tracking number?
I doubt it is him as the screen name sounds like another racer I know from Grand Terrace. David has no reason to rip anyone off as he is not hurting for money. It may look odd but there are a few HARD core Losi racers from Grand Terrace. I'll shoot you a PM Later.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Appreciate everyones help! This is what I like about rctech.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yo David sent you your stuff ill get you your damn tracking # the other set is from my best friend mark so get your panties out of a bunch so chill go look at Davids seller responses and you will c your not getting ripped off .They both did the same thing to there cr's and went to plastic out drives. so chill you did not get ripped off he is on a job site right now he wont b out at his house till sunday sorry for the inconvenience
Old 07-25-2008, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by louis flood
yo David sent you your stuff ill get you your damn tracking # the other set is from my best friend mark so get your panties out of a bunch so chill go look at Davids seller responses and you will c your not getting ripped off .They both did the same thing to there cr's and went to plastic out drives. so chill you did not get ripped off he is on a job site right now he wont b out at his house till sunday sorry for the inconvenience
^^^^it's late and he gets cranky when he's up past his bedtime^^^^^^

Old 07-25-2008, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Well I appreciate that (I guess?). That would be great if the actual seller would do that like he says he did, and is still saying he's going to do but still hasnt. I have NEVER had a package take this long to get from Cali to Texas. Parcel Post or not, this is absurd.

But that brings up another question, maybe for the Losi thread, but why would plastic outdrives cause you to scrap your entire rear hub and axle assembly? Two people have done it so I guess theres a reason? It doesnt make sense to me to sell those parts though. David sold his for $26.00. It would cost close to $150.00 to put that exact same setup back on the truck.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not really a losi guy, but the plastic setup is lighter and it never breaks. I don't know why they changed it...
Old 07-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

There was an RC track in Grand Terrace for 15 years. .and it closed a little over 2 years ago...

David is a pretty honest guy.. I've known him a long time. He's done a lot of ebay and never screws anybody.. Now.. the USPS.. well.. they do loose things...

Both these guys bought new XXX-Tcr and wanted to run "aluminum" dogbones for stock. You have to change the axles and hubs to run them..

Now Mark just started on ebay and had me help him get all set up and list a couple of things. I am assuming it was you with the "rude" message sent to his ebay account stating only "this item has been reported!" with no other explanation...

I always like to have insurance on anything sent via USPS as a seller and a buyer on items over a few bucks....

Jerome
Old 07-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

You know, everyone keeps saying David is such a nice guy, but he wont answer my calls now OR my emails and give me this mythical tracking number THAT WOULD SOLVE THIS PROBLEM IN 10 SECONDS! I'm just going on what I see. And I know it has NEVER taken this long for a package to travel from Cali to Texas. Were now in WEEK THREE! And he says he sent it "Parcel Post", well a package has to weigh at least 1.6 pounds to be sent Parcel Post otherwise its sent "First Class Parcel". Theres a big difference in the two. I doubt two hubs and axles weighed 1.6 pounds.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

he is in la when he gets back to grand terrace he will call you with the conformation # and i just got off the phome with him and he sent it 2 weeks ago to the day. so stop flipping out
Old 07-26-2008, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Pardon me "flipping out", but that doesnt jibe with what I've been told.