Wiki Posts
Search

Trak power V balancer - Hyperion tap

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Trak power V balancer - Hyperion tap

If I have a Trak Power V balancer and a MaxAmps 2s 6000 with a Hyperion tap, How do I balance it? What adapter do I need?

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

You can use these two items to adapt the balance plugs:

From rclipos.com:
PQ-TP-2S http://www.rclipos.com/Accessories.htm

From towerhobbies.com:
FPVHR236SVBALH http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUYH2&P=7

Then you'll just need to adapt the main 4mm outputs on the balancer to input into the main plug on your battery pack.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Check this page and see if one of these works? If not, just buy anyone, 2 or 3 cell, whichever one you need, and make your own. Just cut off the balance tap on the balancer side thats not the same, then go to allerc.com and get something like this to replace the tap you cut off. Most people have the opposite problem as you, they have balancers like a Hyperion and need to balance a Trakpower or an Orion lipo. Someone who has V Balancer might know if the plug that goes in to the balancer is the same as a LBA10, if it is then just get a multi adapter like this and then just make a Deans plug adapter for the bullet connectors. That probably sounds confusing, but its a very simple process that is done exactly like you think it would be. Its just a matter of rounding up all the necessary plugs and taps.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks guys
Old 06-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Initiate

hell thats would be some info i would love to get my hands on i have v-balance would like to try some of the other lipo's
Old 06-30-2008, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I forgot to say one thing about this: Anyone using a V Balancer to balance other brands lipos, the best thing to do would be to leave the male bullet connectors on the balancer in case you ever want to use Orion's or Trakpowers. So getting to my point, take a couple of female 4mm bullets and put a male Deans on the end of them so you balancer stays versatile. Anyone needing female 4mm bullet connectors PM me, I have about 10 pairs that I dont need I will send a pair to whomever needs one to do this? These are the nicest ones from Tesla RC.