Wiki Posts
Search

x60 truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickjamminracer
rear tower on the x60 ...will the stock one bolt on or are the bolt holes different?
I guess I don't understand. There is only one X-60 rear shock tower.
If you are referring to the stock T4 one, no, it will not work with the X-60.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

pic from crcrc

Last edited by gone banana; 03-02-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

next year i hope i will be better with alot of different tires with me

the fast guy were fast and rest of were in there to.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

ok i am just going to make my own rear tower since they cost so dam much another question is the conversion comes with rear arms so if i break one can i use a stock t4 arm ???
Old 01-19-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickjamminracer
ok i am just going to make my own rear tower since they cost so dam much another question is the conversion comes with rear arms so if i break one can i use a stock t4 arm ???
Sorry you feel that way about the pricing. Carbon Fiber is very expensive right now especially in the thicknesses and quality we use.

The rear arms are not the same as the T4 arms. The lengths are different. You can only use X-60 rear arms.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

X Factory is a very small but growing company. We have a total of 1 1/2 employees, myself (1) and Paul (1/2 while he is still earning his master's degree in Mechanical Engineering.)

Losi & AE, both at least 50 times larger, are in turn owned by still larger companies. Almost all their parts are made in China by the lowest bidder. All our plastic & CF parts are proudly made in the U.S.A. from the highest quality materials using the best process. That is expensive compared to others.

Further, as a very small company, our sales volume right now is low compared to others, so our order quantities are much lower = more expense per part. As we grow, as The Family gets larger, our costs will begin to go down.

Why should you buy X Factory if we are so expensive? Engineering and quality. Simple as that. X Factory cars are better and faster. Period.

We can't afford to hire an entire team of world champion drivers -- trust me, those guys are expensive, and the cost of the race team is passed through to the customers. X Factory cannot afford that kind of a team. And we can't even think about their advertising budget. Fortunately for you, and us, none of that makes you go faster.

Instead, we have worked hard to bring a few of the very best drivers to the X Team, where engineering expertise and a history of innovation are more important to us than winning races. We make race cars for hard-core racers. We don't make cheap RTRs in China, then maintain an expensive race team to promote sales by running cars much unlike what we sell.

Here is where X Factory's small size is so important to our Family: Innovations created and proven at the track by the X-Team go immediately into production. Our small order size means we frequently update parts. Small changes, proven by the Team, go into prodiction right away. No fanfare, no big advertising budget -- you don't pay foir any of that. But as fast as the Team comes up with something new, we bring it to you. We don't really care if WE win, so long as YOU win and have a blast doing it.

So, if you want to race cheap, please go someplace else. If you want the very best engineering and quality, a car different from all the rest and thererfore faster, a car made from the very finest molds and materials, a company where the owner and the Team are immediately accessible, Welcome to The Family!

Last edited by YoungChazz; 01-20-2009 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

look what i found on redrc it looks like x-factory have some hard working people to help

i hope they will be listed on 2wdrc soon i will take a red one

French company Optimized, have released some new parts for the X-Factory X-6. Suitable for use with the 4 gear transmission, these new motor mounting plates are made from a thicker metal and so improves rigidity and reliability of the transmission. They are also available in 4 different colours - blue, black, red & light blue, and so can also help improve the looks of your car too. The full range of products are available in France and Belgium through Select Models, in the UK through DMS Racing, in Spain through Positivo-Negativo and in Germany through Rudog

Last edited by gone banana; 03-02-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Old 01-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Of course we are honored every time another company chooses to make hop-up parts for our cars; however we do not sell the Optimised parts on our web site. I think D.M.S. does in U.K. and they will ship to the U.S. check out www.xfactoryrc.co.uk
Old 01-31-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

The webmaster is busy this weekend, but I have been told it's coming on Monday: A new H.D. body for the X - 60. It is the same great J Concepts body from the same mold, but this one is made from .040" Lexan instead of the standard .030."

The H.D. body should last longer than the standard one, and comes with a spoiler made of the .040 materail. Part # 8022. The "regular" body will still be standard in the Kits, and the "regular" #8020 body with spoiler will still be available.

We have a limited quantity of the H.D. body until we see how you like it.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Awesome!

Any ETA on the #5660 CVD Axles and E-speed motor support?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Just placed my order for one of these. I have read the instruction many times in the last few weeks and have a few questions. Does the set up sheets that come with the truck give starting places for the shims under the tranny and for anti-squat? I will be racing at Intermountain RC raceway in Magna Utah, this track is a hard packed clay topsoil mixture. Does anyone have a good starting setup or is Felles's the one to use? Its been 12 years sense the last time I raced a truck, so any help will be much appreciated.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default hey

i told a friend about this conversion he said that it sounds like something you run of oval but reading these replys sounds like its good for off road too im i right
Old 02-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

the x-60 just work on any type of surface i race my on an offroad carpet track with jump

marcca.com

shock fr. 30# silver spring
rear 27.5# black spring

this truck rocks it like cheating
Old 02-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Khador12 - Glad to have you as part of the family! The kit comes with two set-ups included: Felles' set-up from above as well as mine if you have Losi shocks or put the Losi pistons in the AE shocks. Both set-ups are complete in the kit, down to the shims and camber, so there should be everything you need even if we forgot a setting or two earlier in the thread.

Trucks are generally pretty easy to drive and a whole lot of fun! I think it'll come back to you pretty quick. I took 2 years off from driving trucks and started with a prototype X - 60 a year ago and thought "this thing is dialed" right from the start.

Magnaman - Indeed, the X - 60 was designed to be a full off-road truck from the start, meant to mix it up with the T4's and XXXT's. We have had several people start racing our X - 6's in dirt oval with great success, so I'd imagine the X - 60 would be a great success on the left-hand courses as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.