Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Slash -- Race Footage -- Video

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
I think at the bottom of your logo you should put "promotionfotos" that would clarify it for companies like Traxxas to be able to link it. I can see their point as I would bet that they cater mostly to kids as a client base.
Have you been to the Traxxas forums? Hitler didn't carry that much weight compared to those schmucks.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Their site, their policy. I think it is a little off the edge as well, but if they have a policy that says nothing that even sounds like it could be somethng that is up to them. I don't have a problem with it, that is a pretty iffy name that is IMO in poor taste, you had to see the dual meaning when you selected it for the site address and most likely got a chuckle out of it.

All that said that has to be in the top 10 of all RC videos I have seen, good work.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Great Video

Great video.
You might want to just send a copy of that video directly to Traxxas. They might want to use it!!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

They should especially like how the Slash owns that nitro Firestorm. Three times

Really great video - everyone that I've told about it has decided that they need a Slash.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Nice video griz, as usual
I dont understand what is happening
Traxxas should be paying you for these high quality videos!
Because of your vids more people are wanting to get a slash

Keep up the good work Griz
you give the racing public alot of good videos about cars, races and race tracks
will see you in SA for the pro series
Old 06-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Miller_Time
They should especially like how the Slash owns that nitro Firestorm. Three times
I noticed that Firestorm getting passed a few times also. Traxxas fans gotta love seeing that. In defense of the Firestorm though, clearly it was more a matter of the Slash driver owning the Firestorm driver. The Firestorm could easily pull away from the Slash but the Firestorm driver wasn't getting it cleanly around the corner. I thought it was funny though how the Slash would knock the Firestorm around and then drive over it.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

nice video man!

they look real trucks
Old 06-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

Default I shot a bunch more last night

On the big track and the small track speed runs wheelies and general hell raising with the Slash truck. The brushless turned up to 100% for instance. About 25 minutes of primo footage in all. Plenty enough footage to kick off my new promotional campaign But first I have another one from San Antonio to edit and tomorrow is Friday so that means the wife and I will be heading back to SA for our getting to be regular Friday evening activities at the RCHQ track. Or I might hang here and try and conserve money so I can head up to OK city next weekend for the R/C Pro Series South Round 2. Anyways check back in a couple for more Slash.

Griz
Old 06-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

we want more videos................
Old 06-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

looks cool but to be honest they look like old school rc race vehicles (from the 80's) running around the track
Old 06-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nay0k
Those trucks look alot better on the track than I would've thought originally, now I want one...
+1
Old 06-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenlife
looks cool but to be honest they look like old school rc race vehicles (from the 80's) running around the track
Also to be honest it looked like they where holding their own against "real" race trucks....and gas trucks at that. Be they better driven or not.

I have checked on various boards and read many threads on this new car and it is amazing how people can look at the car and say it looks cool but then bash on it. I have to wonder if there would have been this kind of talk if it had been made by a "real" company that makes "race" toy cars.

Seems to me I remember the same kind of talk about how cool Tamiya touring cars looked but they where not real race cars.

Bottom line I don't give a rip and from the sounds of things there are a great many people that seem to like these "old school" vehicles. My LHS sold out of both shipments they have gotten in in the same day. There is something about the truck that people like....perhaps it is the "old school"
Old 06-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well put, same thing happened here! LHS sold every Slash they received, and 3/4 of the next delivery as well. I have stated several times that I had never owned a Traxxas rig, but Traxxas struck a nerve w/ this one and they did a great job as well.

While the TQ radio may suck, and the motor might be lacking, the waterproof electronics are great, the handeling is super, the price can't be beat, and the fun factor is off the scale!

Over all Traxxas hit a HOME RUN w/ the Slash!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hmmm who is this crawler dude

That sig looks awful familiar crawler I gotta figure out where I've seen it before. The guys at RCHQ beat up on me tonight so I gotta get a vid from the stuff I shot last friday up before I edit the 2nd round of the Slash stuff. But its going to be brutally hot and the ROT ralley means thousands of bikes running around all the roads out here in the country so I expect I'll be here editing all weekend instead of trying to go out anywhere. Man I wish I could find some good tutorials or a good book on Boris FX and Graffiti. I'm having a hard time getting them to do what I want.

Griz
Old 06-14-2008, 02:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Fantastic video Griz!

I was originally skeptical about the Slash (despite being an owner of other Traxxas vehicles). After watching this video, I have a LOT more respect for the Slash! Admittedly the drivers were obviously quite good, but nonetheless the Slash performed a lot better than I would have thought.

The realism of the Slash is the most impressive aspect- the noticeable body roll, the suspension travel and the huge droop when it is in the air is so similar to real off-road race trucks! I can now understand why a lot of people have bought the Slash and I can see that watching a group of them (and similar trucks if other manufacturers join the fray- Losi have tried with their Desert Truck) race would be a refreshing change from buggies, truggies and existing 1/10 trucks.

Nice track too (both the music and dirt!).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.