Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
do you think losi will come out with a new electric 4wd based off the type-r chassi.? >

do you think losi will come out with a new electric 4wd based off the type-r chassi.?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

do you think losi will come out with a new electric 4wd based off the type-r chassi.?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
On a smooth high bite track a XXX4 would be very fast. On a rough track the XX4 is king. The car is built for rough track racing.
I have seen some pretty fast XXX4's on rough tracks, they can be setup properly...

I dont drive any Losi stuff.. All Associated here...

Originally Posted by roscoe71
it would be nice to see losi bring a good race 4x4 into the fastly growing 4x4 scene. it would just help make it stronger. me paersonaly i think losi is just heading toward being a magor toy company.
I agree
Old 05-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think losi is just becoming the new traxxas.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

either way....that is the ugliest wheeler evvvvvver
Old 05-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
On a smooth high bite track a XXX4 would be very fast. On a rough track the XX4 is king. The car is built for rough track racing.

if i remember correctly the xx-4 is also ased off a TC...the street weapon, and rally weapon. so it would be built for the smooth high bite street. it jst happend to be that the chassis layout was great for rough off-road
Old 05-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rammstein88
if i remember correctly the xx-4 is also ased off a TC...the street weapon, and rally weapon. so it would be built for the smooth high bite street. it jst happend to be that the chassis layout was great for rough off-road
This concept has been confused. The xx-4 came first, and then the streetweapon.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:18 AM
Tech Master

Default losi

With the demise of Losi now i probably don't think so
Old 05-26-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nhodd
With the demise of Losi now i probably don't think so
really? they just won the Reedy race with the Type R using their brushless esc and brushless motor to power it. Sorry Losi's not doing what YOU think they should do, but they're still a racing company that happens to make RTR's since that is where a big portion of the market is now.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nik
the bj4 was based off the t3.

How can you say that the xxx4 cant handle bumps because it has the same chassis as the xxxS? The suspension is completely different, and just like the bj4, it uses many 2wd buggy parts. I know for a fact you dont own a xxx4 and to make a statement like that is just wrong IMO
How do you know I don't own one?

I'm just repeating what I've heard for years.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

The prototype has good weight distribution for offroad, but those arms look rather short for a good rough track buggy.

The XXX-4 is a dog on rough tracks, the XX-4 is far better. I own both and there is no comparison. The chassis on the XXX-4 is just too wide and the side to side weight is just too far out. It still balances, but the weight is pretty far out to both sides. So I guess you would say that its moment of inertia about a central axis is high. The XX-4's weight is more centered and the car jumps much better as well.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw
There has been no indication that it is even close to production. Losi is in the RTR mode at this time. Since Horizon took over, they have moved more toward profit and RTR is where that is. More bashers than racers and RTR works for best for basher. It is possible that they will pull through and be able to get back into the full race mode in the future. Only time will tell.

The JRXS and JRXS R are both excellent vehicles. XXXCR and XXXTCR both seem to work. Associated hasn't comeout with any new 1/10th for some time either. B4s and T4s are still very competitive so no need to move further.

Both companies are still doing some development but more on demand. With new 4 and 2 wheelers coming out (Hot Bodies, Academy, etc), sooner or later the rest will catch up and new kits will be needed.
in my opinion, the xxx-4 needs work to actually compete with the b44 though, i would pick a b44 over the xxx-4 any time although i like losi's offroad more.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

A few more pics of the old proto x

Old 05-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim W.
A few more pics of the old proto x

wow, if they made that and sold it, that would be huge! id buy it.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

This may have looked cool but the car was chucked at the worlds after qualifying in favor of a XX-4WE so go figure.....

There are some older, very intelligent posts about the flaws in the design, specifically suspension, in an older thread about this car.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

That car still used the long diffs from the JRXS. If they used the shorter diffs from the Type R they could then use longer suspension arms. The diffs, even though they have make-shift covers, are still pretty exposed though. I personally would want to see an "all new" 4wd instead of a car based on something else
Old 05-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
That car still used the long diffs from the JRXS. If they used the shorter diffs from the Type R they could then use longer suspension arms. The diffs, even though they have make-shift covers, are still pretty exposed though. I personally would want to see an "all new" 4wd instead of a car based on something else
i agree with what you are saying....seems that losi usually will base the build after a certain design...i started the thread not knowing that they tride this desing.
i would like for them to come out with a new electric 4wd.they have been doing very well with new designs of cars...in all scales...i would only imagine that if they was to come out with a new 4wd...it would do well as the 8 and the 8t,type-r and so forth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.