Wiki Posts
Search

Ryan Cavalieri in RCCA interview.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

<- Proud to be corporate sponsored

Nah, I really have very little to no respect for factory drivers. Billy Easton lives in our area and drops by S&N's Trackside every now and then, and lemme tell ya, unless you've got some big factory deal like he does he won't even look at you twice. Back when he raced for Losi a buddy of mine was chatting him up for setup advice and mid-sentence Easton stops him and asks if he races a Losi. My buddy says "no, I run Associated" and Easton without missing a beat says goodbye and walks away. So yeah, I know where RB FIVE is coming from when he says Cav's a tool, most of them are. These guys easily forget you're not just being paid to race, but you're also being paid to be a company spokesperson at each race you attend, so if all you're going to do is ride your high horse and blow off every non-pro that comes your way, well f**k you too.

Possible exception to Paul Lemieux, he races at S&N's a lot too and he seems like an OK guy.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:35 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
<- Proud to be corporate sponsored

Nah, I really have very little to no respect for factory drivers. Billy Easton lives in our area and drops by S&N's Trackside every now and then, and lemme tell ya, unless you've got some big factory deal like he does he won't even look at you twice. Back when he raced for Losi a buddy of mine was chatting him up for setup advice and mid-sentence Easton stops him and asks if he races a Losi. My buddy says "no, I run Associated" and Easton without missing a beat says goodbye and walks away. So yeah, I know where RB FIVE is coming from when he says Cav's a tool, most of them are. These guys easily forget you're not just being paid to race, but you're also being paid to be a company spokesperson at each race you attend, so if all you're going to do is ride your high horse and blow off every non-pro that comes your way, well f**k you too.

Possible exception to Paul Lemieux, he races at S&N's a lot too and he seems like an OK guy.
My problem is unless you walk in their shoes you can never imagine what it is really like.

I will agree Paul Lemieux is a super nice. Talked with him a few times when he was at Custom Works and can't say nothing but good things about. Great guy all around.

Only met a few pros ever but they where all cool.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think if you're paid to do something and somebody else affects how much money you earn then getting frustrated is somewhat justifiable. Being frustrated and taking it out on someone are different though.

A small example. I work as an automotive technician and am paid by the job, not the hour. This means that the more work I do, the more money I make. If an apprentice comes up to me and asks for help, I always help them. While I'm helping them I am not getting paid and the help can take anywhere from 5 minutes to half an hour. It gets frustrating when I am asked 5 or 6 times a day for help but it is part of the job. I think I am justified in having a bit of a whine about it as it is costing me money but I don't refuse to help anyone. Bear in mind this is maybe costing me (at most) a couple of hundred dollars a week. Ryan is talking about thousands of dollars. I think he's justified in being frustrated and having a bit of a whine about it. Just because it is our hobby doesn't make his job any less important than your job is to you.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I don't have a problem with the fact that he makes his living racing and that people getting in his way costs him money, he has every right to complain.

I just don't think that an interview in RCCA is the right forum to air a complaint like that. It tends to alienate you from the "common man".

I haven't read the article yet, so I don't know in what context the comment was made, I will wait till I read the article tonight before I pass judgment.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

They are also paid to represent their company as a professional, that should be the first thing going through their mind. Only those guys from jackass are lucky enough to get paid more the more retarded they become.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Pillars

RB FIVE - You obviously have something against him and I have no idea why.
No not really, i just read that interview and formed a opinion from it. Go read it. It's pretty inciteful.

Originally Posted by jnslprd
Yo rb5 you cry on the drivers stand like you are losing thousands every race night. I bet you will never see ryan kick a wall or scraem at a marshall

Joe you gonna be crying on friday when i bust out my B4 skillz.......
Old 05-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

OK but it is a little different then just taking pride in your normal job. RC Racing is not a normal job, he is sponsored with the reason of promoting the product. That means helping your customers out, taking the time to talk to them or whatever. I have been in and out of RC racing since 1985, and one part of the hobby that has always bothered me is the attitude of sponsored (more so the highest factory level) drivers as a whole. There are exceptions no doubt, but I always find it funny that these are supposed to be the people that are helping the sport grow, and I find they do just the opposite in many cases.

I have not read the article or ever met Ryan so I have nothing to say concerning this. I am just talking in general.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

good stuff
Old 05-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

RB FIVE - Who are you? Where is there to race on Friday?
Old 05-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

RB FIVE - Who are you? Where is there to race on Friday?

I race at long island raceway. You should come down. My name is Jason.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

I get frustrated sometimes in club races that don't pay when I'm stuck behind lapped traffic. I imagine everybody does.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Well since I live in California thats not going to happen...

Jason who??

The only Jason I know out there is Jason Schlick.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR
I get frustrated sometimes in club races that don't pay when I'm stuck behind lapped traffic. I imagine everybody does.
Exactly.... You know alot of people do. I can only imagine how much more frustrating it could be when there is some big $$ on the line.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Well since I live in California thats not going to happen...

Jason who??

The only Jason I know out there is Jason Schlick.
I am not him but i know him he is super quick and so is james schlick. Why do you want to know my last name ?
Old 05-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I am not him but i know him he is super quick and so is james schlick. Why do you want to know my last name ?
Yea, we sponsor Jason Schlick so I figured it wasnt him.

You said you were gonna make me cry with your B4 skillz....

I just wanted to know who you were?? Thats all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.