Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Losi XXX Kinwald Edition Same as new ones?? >

Team Losi XXX Kinwald Edition Same as new ones??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi XXX Kinwald Edition Same as new ones??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Team Losi XXX Kinwald Edition Same as new ones??

Hey guys... I have been out of the loop for a few years on the R/C cars. I moved and never unpackaged all of my stuff. I have 2 Kinwald Edition 1/10th scale buggies and the truck as well. I was wondering how much these have changed compared to the modern ones of today? Big differences? I just pulled them out today and minus a few batteries being a little messed up 2 of the cars are working no problem and the other I just need a servo for. Well, thats it for now and if I have any more questions I will ask! Thanks in advance!!
Old 03-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

do you have the first losi xxx or the xxx bk2 with the different transmission? either one is still good and competitive and either could get into the a main with a good driver. also the old losi graphite is super strong, way stronger then any of the plastics current cars are made from.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

The actual geometry is pretty similar. There is a newer material (ea3) that is cheaper, flexes more, and gives the car a little more traction. The rear end has changed around a little bit, a wider pivot and shorter arms along with vla (coming from the bk2 car) front and rear. Theres also a steering rack that changes the ackerman up front.

new parts compared to your car:
front shock tower, front arms/hubs, steering rack
new rear pivot, rear arms/hubs, rear shock tower

the rest would just be buying new ea3 plastic stuff, but that doesn't change the geometry at all.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Awesome! I don't think I will ever really be too competitive with the r/c cars anymore... I don't have time for it! Haha. I race motocross right now and one of the tracks I go to has an outdoor R/C track. It is pretty cool and it reminded me of my cars, so I dug them out today and everything actually works! I think I just have to get some new batteries and I am good to go. It would be fun to play around with while I am taking a break in between motos.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

get a good lipo battery and lipo charger and you can run em for a lot longer than you used to! we're talkin 15 to 20 minutes easy with stock and mild modified motors.
If you go to a brushless motor and speed control as well, you won't have to worry about anything electric EVER!
Technology is your friend.
RC has never been better.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

By the way, this is the racing I took up after I was done with Moto X.
The crashes and missed double and triple jumps only hurt the wallet!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Hahaha. I'm sure crashing the buggy is a lot more fun than missing a triple yourself... I would bet a lot of money on that one! I was wondering if they had lithium batteries for these things yet. I have a combat wing that I run a lithium battery on. How much do those things run?!? Also, I have a couple Novak Millenium Pro chargers... will they charge lithium? I don't think they do. Are they still a good charger? Thanks for the replies!!
Old 03-19-2008, 03:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yeah definitly agree with the missing the tripple while your on a bike
Old 03-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mephyst
Also, I have a couple Novak Millenium Pro chargers... will they charge lithium? I don't think they do. Are they still a good charger? Thanks for the replies!!
No, they won't charge LiPo's without a converter, but they are still one of the best chargers out there for Nickel Metals and NiCD's, that's what i use for my NiMH's. I've had one of my Millennium Pro's since 2002, and it still works flawlessly.

Losi makes the Lipo converter for the Millennium Pro's, part number LOSB9607.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Default losi

get a b4, i spent 2 years fooling with these cars, dremeling parts, making old rear ends fit on the car, ect..
Old 03-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Lars Johnson
No, they won't charge LiPo's without a converter, but they are still one of the best chargers out there for Nickel Metals and NiCD's, that's what i use for my NiMH's. I've had one of my Millennium Pro's since 2002, and it still works flawlessly.

Great! Thanks! I can't get my batteries to charge for whatever reason. I know some of them may be old, but I should be able to bring back at some of them! I had 2 brand new 3000mAh NiMH's and I can't get them to take a charge either. I think it has to do with the settings on my chargers and I don't remember how to use them... hmmmmm. Anyone help me out?

I'm not going to get a new car because as I said before I will just be doing this to mess around now. I don't think I will be competitively racing R/C cars again any time soon. Maybe in a few years again, or if I totally get hooked... but as for now I will just use what I have, because they really don't seem TOO far behind the times. I also have an Airtronics M8 controller, which still seems to be pretty decent. Everything I have is totally mint and barely used.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If you're not racing, just run what you have. Heck, I'm racing a XXX-BK now!

As for the battery, it'll take several cycles to "bring them back," and even then they might now come back all the way. I'm no expert, but I've been able to bring back some dead nimh batteries by continuously charging until they are warm (~125 degrees) and discharge and repeat. Good luck!
Old 03-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Hmmm... I will try, but the Novak Mil. Pro automatically stops itself every time. It is like a built in safety mechanism or something... any way to bypass that or do I need to dig out the older chargers??
Old 03-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Lars Johnson

Sorry for going off topic. I was wondering if you've used the converter with any lipo packs not on Losis 'recommended' list?
Old 03-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I had some nimh batteries that would false peak every 4-5 minutes. I would just unplug the battery, replug it, and charge again. I kept doing this until the battery was warm (fully charged). Then I discharged it. It was a pain, but after a few cycles, the battery seemed to take a charge better and false peak a lot less. Again, I'm not an expert, YMMV...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.