Wiki Posts
Search

Lipo-Lead

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Lipo-Lead

Here's a nice option for adding weight to your ride when running lipo packs.

The plates are the size of common car packs (@136x46mm) and also half size 23mm strips to fit on the sides of a battery.

4 ounce plates (4.25 oz) are 1.7mm thick
2 ounce plates (2.25 oz) are 1 mm thick
1 ounce plates are .5mm

Depending on which lipo you have, you can run the plates under the battery or beside or both.

There will also be a 46x23mm size to fit in front or behind a battery.

Several guys ran with them at a big race last weekend where lipos were finally allowed!!!

Check out here for some pics etc... www.teamfusionracing.blogspot.com
Old 01-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

OCD Tuning makes Lipo Plates that are much nicer looking then that and a reasonable price.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default wierd

Somebody comes up with something usefull and someone complains about it the ocd plates are nice but to get the same weight for stainless steel it is 2 point 6 mm thick you get the same weight at one mm thinner and a couple extra thicknesses for tunability keep negative comments to yourself
Old 01-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default wierd

Somebody comes up with something usefull and someone complains about it the ocd plates are nice but to get the same weight for stainless steel it is 2 point 6 mm thick you get the same weight at one mm thinner and a couple extra thicknesses for tunability keep negative comments to yourself
Old 01-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Lipo lead

These are great! I needed some at the last race and was very happy at how easy they are to adapt to the cracks and curves of the battery tray! I ran a ZX-5 and needed to add some weight to my chassis and since the tray in the ZX-5 is has little notches in it, and these are made of lead all I had to do was use some scissors to cut thsoe notches in the lead pieces and it fit perfect! You can't do that with a steel plate! Plus with these plates I was alble to keep the battery lower and still use my stock battery hold down! In my opinion I will take functionality over looks any day, especially when it is under a battery anyway and no one can even see it!! Just my 2 cents!
Old 01-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

+1 blustreak

these work great.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the feedback guys, glad you like it.

The steel plates look nice for sure. I'm not here to bash them... if you like something else that's cool... use it.

Here's why I think the Lipo Lead is the best product available:

It's convenient, easy to use and can be adapted to about any car/battery situation... it can be tuned to weigh whatever you want. And it's affordable and easy to find.

www.teamfusionracing.blogspot.com

Last edited by glassdoctor; 01-15-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

bump
Old 01-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

We have plenty in stock now, including the new thinner 1 ounce plates. The thin plates are nice for a little extra tuning ability.

Also... we have some 3/4 oz. pieces to fit in front of/behind the battery (where the foam is) and sets of small weights that fit the bottom of the Orion 3200 pack. They go between the bumps, so they fit into the slots of the chassis cutouts in onroad cars. Set of 6 weighs 1.5 carpet-scraping ounces.

Now with a 3 piece set (4,2,1 ounce plates) you have a lot of options, especially with the 3/4 oz. "battery foam" pieces.

I'll get pics and prices posted pretty soon.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

can we get pics of the acutal product and then a price next to it? and like... a secure ordering form?

Also any chance of getting a 44mm wide plate with chassis cut outs glued into the bottom of the plate for touring car chassis?
Old 01-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Absolutely... thanks for the suggestions. 44mm? ...is that the actual width of the slots?

We should have more ordering options and more info/pics soon. For now, although it's not a "real" order system... isn't Paypal considered secure?

I want to do a couple more options for the slotted chassis, like you mentioned... but in my area there is ZERO onroad, so test fitting a TC or even looking at one is a problem. I don't want to make something that doesn't fit half the cars out there.

I would be very interested if anyone can provide some measurements of the slots... and any comments on how much the slot size varies between mfgs.