R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   B4 -versus- XXX Kinwald (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/18350-b4-versus-xxx-kinwald.html)

racerdx6 05-21-2003 04:32 PM

But I still don't get how they keep failing if they keep winning? Lot's of companys copy other company's. The T1R probably got the semi tub idea because it was successful in other cars too. Look at all those 2 belt tourers out there, they all have practically the same drive chain design. And that reamer by Hudy, lots of companies took that idea too. Not to mention that all those shaft cars that are coming out now are using almost the same design for the drive chain as the TC3 uses. So what's wrong if Associated took one idea from another company, why does that make their car's inferior :confused: ?

Peter Busch 05-21-2003 06:22 PM

Originally posted by jeepracer
i'm not really impressed by the b4 or any other AE vehicle
just look at the semi-tub chassis i wonder where they got that idea from? Losi?

So, is what your saying is who ever had the original design will always be better in any case? Thats pretty narrow minded if you ask me.

Randy Caster 05-21-2003 06:24 PM

Personally the B4 reminds me nothing of the XXX. Jeepracer- My memory might be off, but wasn't the RC10 built on a tub chassis? Oh yeah, it was, Losi did release the JR2 with a tub chassis, but RC10 was out first... I have never said Losi copied Associated's tub chassis because a statement like that would come from an idiot. TexRacer- Maybe you havent been around in the hobby long enough to remember the B2, and what it's hub carriers looked like, then the B3, now the B4, they all look like hub carriers to me, Losi did not revolutionize them.

Why do you people try to tear apart everything that comes out, where would the hobby be if companies didn't take eachother's designs and improve upon them, we would propably all still be driving the Tamiya Super Hornet or something.

Peter Busch 05-21-2003 06:45 PM

Good point Randman. Who cares where the design ideas came from, the point is which car is faster, tougher, handles better, etc... isn't it.

Randy Caster 05-21-2003 07:39 PM

They both have such great capability on the track, that I dont see how either one can get bombed on about design. Let's all get RC10's, with outdated motors and see how much fun we'll have compared to what we have now.

pkranger63 05-21-2003 07:50 PM

Ya know Randman, I would be up for that. Call me crazy but I kind of miss the old days of racing. Do you remeber how many variations of a RC10 you would see at the track on any given day? I had mine loaded with Hot Trick stuff, used oven cleaner on the gold chassis to give it a "silver" look and the MIP tranny I had, man that thing was slick!! I used a lot less tires back then too :)

racerdx6 05-21-2003 09:28 PM

Originally posted by Randman
They both have such great capability on the track, that I dont see how either one can get bombed on about design. Let's all get RC10's, with outdated motors and see how much fun we'll have compared to what we have now.
If you could still buy the origional RC10's I would do that for sure!!!!! :D :D :D :D :tire: !!! That would be so much fun. There could be a huge race and the only chassis you were allowed to use was the origional RC10. Unfortunaitly, I wasn't interested in this hobby back in those good-ol-days :cry: :cry: :cry: .

Randy Caster 05-21-2003 09:49 PM

Don't get me wrong, I loved racing back then, but imagine if there was a XXX or B4 on the track at that time, it would blow everything away. We have evolved into the technically advanced cars that we have today, and I wouldn't go back.

jeepracer 05-22-2003 06:52 PM

hey,
take back what i said earlier, just got to drive a b4 the other day and i have to say i was very impressed i can't wait till the truck version comes out

Randy Caster 05-22-2003 07:04 PM

So you bombed on a car you never even drove, that's pretty wrong.

XXX Buggy 05-23-2003 09:47 AM

I haven't driven the B4 but there's something about it's shape that just annoys me. I dunno, maybe I'm just weird.

I like the XXX more. They just seem lighter and more nimble not to mention sleeker. But then again, I am biased!:lol: :D :p

XXX Buggy 05-23-2003 09:48 AM

I think I'll wait until I drive both of them one after the other before I make any further comments.

TexRacer 05-23-2003 11:17 AM

Randman.Actually been in this for 13 yrs now.
The B4 Hub Carrier is NOT the same as the B2 or B3.It's IDENTICAL to the XX series hub carrier.Look at the 2.I know this cause the designer of the car is a good friend.They have been using Losi XX not XXX but XX hub carriers on the T3 and the B3 to make the car WIDER.The B4 is a nice car like I said.I can run a faster SINGLE lap with it.But consistancy is where it's at and this car is just a more stable B3.It's still on the edge and aggressive.I like this but I dont need 2-3 fast laps.I need 11-14 consistant laps to equal out to a faster time.The Losi is More Consistant,more forgiving and simply handles rough spots easier.
Sorry XXX buggy but the B3 and B4 are lighter in Kit for than a XXX is.But due to this it gets thrown around alot on rough tracks.
On a smooth track its going to come down to 1 thing.
!!! DRIVER !!! ..
Plus I drove a Golden Tub Car the other day and won sportsman with it.This car can STILL compete but it wont be AS fast per lap overall.
Losi actually came out with the 1st tub chassis in composite material.
Guys dont know a car till you drive it.
Both nice cars but due to stability,cosistancy and Driving style I like the losi best.
Les
Les

DaveW 05-23-2003 11:35 AM

I HAVE had the original RC10 and its truck counterpart... and have raced AE since the beginning. When the Losi XX-TCR came out years ago... i bought one just to see "what i was missing". I liked the truck design and its adjustability... but it was too smooth for me in comparison to the AE... even back then. I am what you would call an "agressive driver" and prefer a car that gives me response when i want it. I drove that Losi for two weeks... and sold it. Since then i have bought a Losi XX-4 worlds edition when it came out. Im sorry, but that machine had offroad fourwheelin HANDS DOWN! No Yok i EVER drove could touch that thing. Masami won the worlds with it because he is a robot, and can beat 90% of drivers with his feet!! :lol: Other than that... i sold offroad in 99 and went TC. Two weeks ago i purchased a B4. Assembling the car i was disappointed in the steering knuckles... soft material it seems. But the rest of the car seems well thought out. I think it comes down to driver preference. I do have a sponsored driver friend of mine, that was AE and went to Losi. He is agressive like i am... and has a hard time keeping his XXX together for a whole race. Come to think of it... the only Roar National titles he has gotten was when he was driving AE. (three time winner at the Winterchamps...stock truck) Last year at the mod nats... with the Losi he was in the friggin E mains, both mod and stock. Darn good driver, darn good chassis... bad together. I guess im just saying it comes down to driver preference. If it likes to be driven smooth to be consistent and fast... it belongs in the hands of a "cautious" and consistent driver. Watch Mark Pavidis next time at a big race... he drives with his nads in the "seat" next to him... they are too big for his pants! :lol: Hes agressive and drives hard, and compliments AE products well. They are agressive and "edgy" designs... and need drivers that are similar. Brian Kinwald and Matt Francis sure made that XXX-S look SUPER smooooth in mod TC at the Snowbirds this year. Ultra clean lines with well defined apexes in their driving. Cutting mid to low 10 second laps even at the end of the race! Must be nice having that kinda sponsorship!! Anyways... just thought i would add my .02.
- Dave

Randy Caster 05-23-2003 08:07 PM

I am not dissing the XXX's design in any way, I have owned them, and raced them, thing is the car is just too smooth for me. I ended up going with the old old XX arms, with 'cr' hub carriers to give the car a little snappier feel, and I still couldn't handle how smooth it was, I pulled my XX Kinwald Edition back out and was winning with it the first night, because it was a snappier handling car.

I just finished building my B4, and I think this is going to be the car I have been waiting for, I even ordered the inline steering axles, and 30 degree castor blocks which should give it a ton more steering. I can't handle a smooth car, I need something snappy as hell, and ultra responsive to the slightest touch.

I am sure I could take out a gold chassis RC10 and win the sportsman class too, but that's a sportsman class, and I am a expert mod racer, where I would get blown away if I were to drive that car.

Basically, either car is a good choice, it's purely driver preference.