Wiki Posts
Search

Losi XXX4 Vs Cyclone D4

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b4zed
Labor intensive? Come on! Its the easiest car to work on out of all the buggies mentioned. (period) The best shocks and easiest shocks to work on and tune. There is hardly any parts on this thing.

LOL. i hope you dont give this advice to many people because it is crap. they definately aren't the easiest to work on and they are not quick on rebuild time. you honestly think you could do a complete teardown faster on a xxx-4 than a bj4? i call bs on you and your comment. i know people with the xx4 and xxx4 who have gotten rather quick at tearing them down but it doesn't change the FACT that it is more involved. period. how can you refute that? when i ran the xxx4 (which was a pos in my opinion) if i needed to get at the diffs or belts inbetween heats i would bag it because they werent fun to work on in liesure time much less when you are watching the clock. recommending this car ot a noob is almost gauranteeing 1 less racer in the 4 mod class after they figure out for themselves that its a bitch to work on them.

good luck with your choice, go with a shafty.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hated1racing
LOL. i hope you dont give this advice to many people because it is crap. they definately aren't the easiest to work on and they are not quick on rebuild time. you honestly think you could do a complete teardown faster on a xxx-4 than a bj4? i call bs on you and your comment. i know people with the xx4 and xxx4 who have gotten rather quick at tearing them down but it doesn't change the FACT that it is more involved. period. how can you refute that? when i ran the xxx4 (which was a pos in my opinion) if i needed to get at the diffs or belts inbetween heats i would bag it because they werent fun to work on in liesure time much less when you are watching the clock. recommending this car ot a noob is almost gauranteeing 1 less racer in the 4 mod class after they figure out for themselves that its a bitch to work on them.

or go with the yok. some of my friends run them at cap city and swear by them. they absolutely love the cars and they are very durable from the hits i have seen.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hated1racing

I think you are confusing the XXX4 (Triple X4) with the XX4 (Double X4) !
Old 09-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Yea i think he has them confused, i was just looking at my XXX4 it takes 6 screws on each end to remove the diff covers, 2 of those screws on each end are for removing the bumpers and one screw on the belt tensioner to have the belt loose to remove the diff`s for cleaning/maintanance.... pretty easy for a FULLY sealed drivetrain.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

i just got done runing my zx5 and i was racing with some sb v2 both really good i got rid og my xxx 4 i did not like it as much...
Old 09-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

There are a lot of options out there for you. i would say you need to consider what is mot important to you. Reliability I believe is the tops, and you will get a mixed bag of opinions on the XXX-4.

Consider the conditions you run on when making your decision. The XXX-4 is at its element on smooth tracks. Can it be made to work on a bumpy one, probably, but not as easily as some other cars and probably not as good ast the XX-4.

If money is not an object, can't go wrong with a BJ4 WE. as you want stick packs however, I would say that the SB V2 Pro and ZX-5 would be great vehicles to look at.

They are cost effective, and parts can be had online for them fairly easily. With the Academy being carried at amainhobbies, stormer, and others.

The nice thing with the Academy is that its very durable. the SB V2 Pro is a big step up from the previous Academy 4wd buggies, even the SB V2 Sport since it has that more rigid (but still durable) material.

Ultimately though if you can, try some of the vehicles at your track and see what you think. Don't base your decision on just what we say as everyone will have there own biases.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

yesterday was my first time runing the Academy sb v2 .. im very happy with it .. the Academy sb pro is also a nice buggy.. i like my kyosho zx5 the best tho.... just my 2 cent's