Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need a good ST beginners truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dirtfreak15
my xxxt might be fore sale to fund another project i wana do in a while if your interested

By xxxt do you mean the pro, MF, MF2, etc. I guess I'd need to see pictures and price as well.

Really though, they're is little chance I'd buy a car on here. Nothing against this online shop, I think its great, but they're a lot of good hobby stores around here that I could get a car for cheaper.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:09 PM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

its the xxxt rtr version, with many upgrades.
brand new it runs $270.... it did, i dont knwo how much they go for now.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

I wish I had bought the Rustler as my 1st ST. I got the XXX-T 1st and it was nothing but trouble. It would be great for racing, but for street / backyard bashing it was just terrible, and I broke a lot of fiddly little parts that took forever too get replaced. Like 10-12 weeks for suspension parts!!!!

The brushless Rustler would kick butt, take more abuse, and probably be easier to repair & maintain. Even without the brushless, its a great truck.

Just my opinion, but the Losi and Associated trucks seem to be for serious racing only, bashers need not apply. Traxxas on the other hand survives by selling millions of 1st time bashers a truck that they try to beat to death and love it all the while.

The only gripe with the rustler is a kind of marginal radio, but it gets the job done and you could always look into a better radio if you want to later. Good luck and welcome to RC.

Last edited by swannco; 08-15-2007 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I don't know, I have stopped racing for awhile and the kids and I bash my T4 FT and their XXXT MF1s with very little breakage. We're all running 6.5/7.5 brushless too. We must be incredibly lucky.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:45 PM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ive got a little bash spot i go to with some ncie bmx jumps and some of em got at least 10 foot gaps, xxxt loves it
i bearly ever break anything
Old 08-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

I bought the XXX-T RTR. It was fast and sweet to drive, but I'm sure the RTR parts were not as good as the MF2 version or the kits. I kept bending turnbuckles, breaking knuckles and hub carriers and cracking the front arms.

Now to be honest, sometimes I just ran into something that I shouldn't have, and anything will break if your going fast enough. But sometimes a smallish jump would bend or break things on hard pack dirt or asphalt, and this always left me puzzled. I know these trucks can jump, I've seen the pros fly the things.

To be fair, the truck handled like an ace on dirt, and that's where it really belongs. I just think the Rustler is more suited to hardcore bashing in parking lots and backyards.

I should have said the XXX-T wasn't suited to what I wanted it to do, and I wish I had bought the Rustler instead.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (79%+)

just get the T4 or the MF2
Old 08-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Does your budget include batteries and a charger? Or do you have a separate budget for that?
Old 08-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaidJTC
I expect it to break but I've seen reports of it breaking in a week. Keep in mind, that I'd probably get a new truck when I am serious about racing. When I say racing, I mean on my street with friends/family and not on tracks.

Thanks for the idea's though.

Get a XXX-T and you will never have to worry about getting a new truck...........well you could upgrade to the XXX-T CR when it come's out
Old 08-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shawn17
Get a XXX-T and you will never have to worry about getting a new truck...........well you could upgrade to the XXX-T CR when it come's out
If it's like the CR buggy, it's not an upgrade...LOL...my MF2 never breaks, my CR never doesn't break.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
If it's like the CR buggy, it's not an upgrade...LOL...my MF2 never breaks, my CR never doesn't break.

I have no idea about it because it hasn't been released yet........abd I can't aford a second race truck