Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds. >

I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Its silly really, at the UK offroad national that took place this weekend just gone, there were just under 50% losi cars racing in 4wd! Who said there wasnt money to be made!
Old 07-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What will happen to Losi if/when 1/8 nitro's popularity wanes and/or the new RC8 starts to dominate that class like the B4/T4 currently does in 2wd electric offroad? IMO, Losi will be SOL because their decision to not send a team to the paved onroad nats and offroad worlds was the last straw for many Losi die-hards who haven't liked the direction the company has been going for quite some time now. Lots of Losi guys will be switching over to Kyosho in the near future...This isn't just bad for Losi. It's bad news for electric racing in general. As an AE fan, I never thought I'd be disappointed to hear that Losi isn't sending a team to the worlds.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Like Pounitracing said earlier, the car will still be at the race...I'm pretty sure if a driver is good enough to qualify themselves for the worlds, they are gonna figure out a way to get there...even if they have to penny up them selves. IMO.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D Hunt 3
Like Pounitracing said earlier, the car will still be at the race...I'm pretty sure if a driver is good enough to qualify themselves for the worlds, they are gonna figure out a way to get there...even if they have to penny up them selves. IMO.
If I was a sponsored or factory Losi driver who qualified to go to the worlds, I'd do everything possible to make it to the race not only to compete against the best of the best, but also to try to get a deal with AE or Kyosho so I wouldn't have to pay my own way again in 2009.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's kind of like playing the first two rounds of the masters, making the cut and being in second place.... and then deciding to go fishing instead of playing the last two rounds.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Leodis
If I was a sponsored or factory Losi driver who qualified to go to the worlds, I'd do everything possible to make it to the race not only to compete against the best of the best, but also to try to get a deal with AE or Kyosho so I wouldn't have to pay my own way again in 2009.

Thats a good point made, it must really disappointment them to find out that the company that they have worked so hard to promote wont be helping them get to the worlds!
Old 07-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Its this simple if you don't like the fact that Losi doesn't support racing then don't support Losi. Thats the only way you can let them know how important the racing market is. If Horizon can cut team numbers and not send drivers to the worlds and still can't keep up with the demand then obviously they will continue to cut until they start to see a loss. One of the reason the 8ight has been so popular was because a lot of the Losi electric diehards wouldn't run nitro until the Losi came out.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I already switched to Kyosho and wont be around when Team Losi decides to recognize 1/10 scale racing. If you have a product you should support it. I have been a Losi fan since their first car and have every car since. When Gil left so did I. Good luck in 1/8 scale! Sure glad other companies don't ignore the electric scene despite having successful 1/8 scale cars.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Both AE and Kyosho have been designing 1/10 electric cars while supporting 1/8th scale classes, and their customers, and their sponsored drivers.

A company as big as Losi/Horizon could afford to do the same, they choose not too. They will leave the 1/8th scalers high and dry someday too. Oh well, move on, Horizon has.

I wish Traxxas would bring back their 1/10 racing products, they had a really nice buggy and truck back in the day.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Likw was said earlier, you have to go where the money is. Traxxas and HPI are like horizon. Little bit of racing but the money is in bashing.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

anyone else notice that it is now (losi) not (teamlosi), just check the ads in the new rcca mag.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

any word on a kyosho rb5T?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by brian cox
anyone else notice that it is now (losi) not (teamlosi), just check the ads in the new rcca mag.
Check their website, their kits are still Team Losi, but everything else is Losi.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scrubnick
Look at it from a monetary standpoint. To Losi, sending drivers to the worlds in Japan will cost upwards of 10 grand, easily. Airfare is about a thousand each, plus hotel for a week, ground transportation, food, etc. Then, if they do win, they might sell a few hundred more kits than they would otherwise. Also, I don't think Losi is very big in Japan. They could spend that money sending their drivers to a bunch more local races out here and get better exposure for their money.

On the other hand, it's tradition for AE and Losi to battle at the worlds, but oh well.
Couldn't Horizon, oops I meant Losi write those costs off as a business expense as racing is part of their business and what they do? Or maybe it's part of their marketing budget? Either way, it's pretty sad Losi won't be there.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hope one of Jesse and Mike's other sponsers sends them they deserve to race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.