Wiki Posts
Search

2007 Fall Classic : Hutchinson Kansas

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default kc coming

I know there is like 5 of us from Kansas City coming we go every year.
later Jeremy
Old 08-21-2007, 02:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Cool

There is usually a bunch of us "local guys" but from what I hear, theres going to be a BUNCH of guys making long trips... The track is allways sweeet! Theres a bunch of pit spots! Also the track layout is ALLWAYS changed the week of the event so there really is no "Local advantage"... Cant wait! Ready to play!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Last year I didn't race and Steve wouldn't let me practice on the track. So he is very adamant about putting a vehicle down on the track. But it did look to be in great shape last year. I'm still learning how to read a race track so IDK MY BFF JILL. I'm sure he'll do the same again this year.

So what draws you guys to this event every year? This will be my first year to race.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I have only been there once,and what draws me to the track is the laid back atmosphere,great competition,awesome traction, plus I get to see alot of my friends from alot of different states. Plus if Larry Neumndahl (SP) is there, good times are always had---unless he tries to moon the camera for the group photo again!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
So what draws you guys to this event every year?
The most dialed indoor offroad track i've ever been to, ever. Dialed layouts, fast local guys, and super close racing. Pink Slicks, and using water for tire dope. and you get to race with tony leatherman, that dude is an r/c icon!
Old 08-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It surprised me also to use a tire so close to a slick. But I'm used to it now.
Whos is tony leatherman? Is he a sponsored driver? it seems like the race is a long ways off, but I can't wait. Also ready to try out the electric season. This will be my first go at an electric season. Should me intresting, but hopefully better than my nitro summer. LOL.

Hey Lars
How many are you bringing from CO? I work rotating shifts at work and I havent' been able to make it out to there to race. You guys have any thing coming up?
Old 08-21-2007, 09:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

What do people run for tires, anyone have a pic of just how far you grind the tires down? , I dont usualy race on this kind of surface, so it will be a new experience with the tires and overall conditions for me...

I plan on racing Stock/Mod Buggy, Stock Mod Truck.. sow hat ires for each car, wat do you use for front buggy?
Old 08-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

air8 - doesnt look like i can make it again this year, but i'm sure there will be at least 8-10 from denver and colo springs, maybe even more. This weekend is the Colo State Nitro Champs at Rat Raceway in Denver - www.ratraceway.com. I believe the track in Burlington is running their last club race on Sept 29th - i think. Cody might know for sure, but that track is a lotta fun if you can make it.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

A bunch of us from hutch are going to Omah for rc pro series that weekend.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Take a new pair of Pink tapers mounted, a dremel with the sandpaper drum on it, grind the numps off of it all the way around, until you have a ( Slick )
it does'nt take too long to do it on a tire, put a towell across your lap or table, you'll have find ground rubber on you... I'll post a pic in the near future...
later

Originally Posted by BSchorr
What do people run for tires, anyone have a pic of just how far you grind the tires down? , I dont usualy race on this kind of surface, so it will be a new experience with the tires and overall conditions for me...

I plan on racing Stock/Mod Buggy, Stock Mod Truck.. sow hat ires for each car, wat do you use for front buggy?
Old 08-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
It surprised me also to use a tire so close to a slick. But I'm used to it now.
Whos is tony leatherman? Is he a sponsored driver? it seems like the race is a long ways off, but I can't wait. Also ready to try out the electric season. This will be my first go at an electric season. Should me intresting, but hopefully better than my nitro summer. LOL.
Tony (Balony) Leatherman I thought everone knew him....lol you'll know him when you see him, and why his Nickname is BALONY lol All women know him, and Farm animals are afraid of him....
Old 08-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last year, someone "donated" a belt sander for everyone to use to grind their pinks down to slicks.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Looking forward to the pic.

You could chuck it up in a drill press and hold sand paper to the tire backed with a board or a flat surface..
Old 08-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Free handing it with a dremel is a popular choice.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

leatherneck..............ppppppppppppppp........LO L
tony's a class act.............he might be faster than me but he also has more grey hair than anyone..............................hahahahahahaha hahah

crap that might be the secret

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.