Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any word on an Associated T5 or B5?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm sure the AE engineers have some thoughts and designs already on the table, but like previoulsy stated, it is a low priority right now. You could ask them directly and even if they had a working prototype they would tell you that they have nothing planed......until they are ready to let you know. This I know cause I emailed them and asked about the B4 about 6 months before it was released and that was the reponse I got. Just like the military, you know about what they want you to know about.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Why mess with a good thing.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I was thinking about this thread today and my pipe dream is that the next chassis war will be all about lipo...Cars that are designed to weigh 1/2 pound lighter, beefier parts to make the car more bulletproof and make min weight, etc...I don't think that will happen in the near future, but you can't blame me for dreamin'...
Old 06-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

It would be nice if they would look into a design that has the ability to be adjusted for battery weight issues in a factory way instead of slapping on the weights. sort of like a removal lower battery plate that can be weighted differently but built into the chassis.

I would say until AE really starts getting it handed to them, the B4 and T4 will be around for awhile with various little upgrades as they go forward.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default associated b5 or t5

hey all:Whatever happened to schumachers electric offroad efforts?Heard they may be getting back,but i'l believe it when i see it.Thanks
Old 06-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default associated b5 or t5

hey all:Yes i think associated is doing very well with the B4 AND T4 so why change.I do think that the lack of competition in 2wd buggy and truck other than from losi and acationaly kyosho,schumacher and traxxas way back may have something to do with this.Yes others have made vehicles for these classes,but they either haven't been full race trim types or companies are just not focusing on these classes like AE and losi are.The 4wd buggy class is realy strong again i wish the 2wd buggy and truck classes had that same type of choices and compotition again as well.Just my 0.02$ worth
Old 06-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Initiate

as the worlds are in Japan in September i wouldn't expect to see a new car untill Jan 08 at the earliest, this assumes there is a new car there.

Personally i think if there is anythingin the pipeline it will be more like the change between the B2 & B3 an evolution of the current design rather than a complete overhaul starting with a blank piece of paper.

Also if there was to be a new AE car at the worlds i think it'll be a 4wd rather than a 2.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

The B4 and T4 are still perfectly competitive. If you look at results the cars are almost always on top. There isn't really that much need to change the cars.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

If anything they should update the kit. The t-4 is starting to look more and more like the gt did at the end of it's prime. A lot of drivers are mooching parts off of the gt-2 to get it to run well. All these kits need is an update or if they would just start offering the kits as a high bite clay kit or an outdoor kit in which one would be graphite arms and chasis and the other plastic.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

this is funny because even at this point in the game the T3 could even still win races, maybe not so much the B3 anymore but the t3 could definitly keep up
Old 06-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Add the GT2 parts to the front end including the shock tower along with the GT2 axles, bones and quick change hubs and you have the T-5!!!!!
Old 06-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think an updated servo saver would be dialed, say similar to the GT2 one, we looked to see if the GT2 servo saver would swap over, but it doesn't look good. The GT2 front end upgrades and rear hubs are very nice, .
Old 06-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gatermaxx
I think an updated servo saver would be dialed, say similar to the GT2 one, we looked to see if the GT2 servo saver would swap over, but it doesn't look good. The GT2 front end upgrades and rear hubs are very nice, .
Right on! I got out of R/C racing just as the B2 was being released. I even bought one and never put it together. I returned just as the B4 was being released (I actually bought a T4 because I couldn't find a B4). I was not impressed with the servo saver when I was building it, and even less when I started running it.
I'm ready to try to come up with one myself. Possibly using the GT2 hardware. I actually just finished getting one into my BJ4WE (check the thread:http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...152787&page=15, about half way down). Also I'm going to look at the Kyosho RB5 hardware just to see.
I think a good servo saver is just as important as a good tranny. Associated used to have both. And I still think the RC10T2 is the best electric chassis ever produced.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 135 (100%+)

My guess is they're going to be busy with the RC8 and the RC8T for a while. I assume they're working on an RC8T since it's the next logical step.

So many great cars and so few places to race them...
Old 06-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ManicRC
My guess is they're going to be busy with the RC8 and the RC8T for a while. I assume they're working on an RC8T since it's the next logical step.

So many great cars and so few places to race them...
I agree. also with the tc5 being out and the RC8 up and running for the team guys. plus there are a few variations of the 18t has kept them busy. but also following the 5 year rule that has been fairly consistent for their off road cars i think we have like almost 2 years to go before we see a 5 version of either car.

just a guess though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.