Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Colorado Off Road Racers MHOR

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Colorado Off Road Racers MHOR

This past Saturday i raced my first race at MHOR on the Off-Raod track. I was just wondering where i can find some Match Pack batteries for a low price. I bought 2 of the Pro-Match Racing LLC batteries that are 4200's that they sell there at MHOR however their like $68 dollars for each pack. I understand that you should only race/run a battery pack once a day so i need a couple more to even be able to race on a saturday night.

Also, i was just curious for battery life what i should do. I bought the Spintech Battery Manager and was wondering, after a race should i charge the battery again and then put it on the spintech or just put it on there after the race?

I have the Novak Millennium charger and was wondering if this is any good for the batterys i have?

If anyone could help me out that would be great. I would like to get back into racing on a regular bases after being out of it for about 6 or 7 years. I have the Team Losi XXX-T truck and would also like to see if i can find some other shock towers i believe rather then the original ones that are on it.

Thanks,
Shannon Nicoletti
Old 05-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

I race at MHOR, I get my batterys from pro match directly.
www.promatchracing.com
If you buy three or more they will knock 10% off. They only warrenty them if they build them. You can also talk to Kody at the track. He is sponcered by them. He can get you pointed in the right direction. I was there saterday. What truck were you? I was running 4wd mod, (the green and white car, and the guy with one hand) As for the spintec, i put it on after I run the pack. You do not need to charge it again.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You can run bats more then once a day you should wait a few hours between though.

About discharging, do not discharge the bats right after your race unless you are going to charge them right away, with the 4200 IB cells they discharge by themselves, so just discharge them right before you charge them. other wise cells could drop too low in voltage.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Initiate

so right after i am done with a race i should not plug the battery into the SpinTech?

I should wait until i want to charge that battery and plug it into the Spintech just before charging it?
Old 05-29-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I used to race at MHOR, but I haven't been there in 5 years. What's it like these days? What's the most popular off-road class and is lipo allowed? I really liked the racers there, but the small track and poor customer service got a little old.

PS. I charge my expensive IB4200's twice per race day and they actually seem to have more punch after the second charge than they do after the first charge.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Tech Initiate

After i put the battery's on the charger, what volt should they be at when they are done? I believe i was told if they are not past 8.00 Volts, i should start it over but i don't remember for sure.

If anyone knows Walt from MHOR he is the one who told me. If there is a way to contact him someone please let me know!

THANKS!
Old 05-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

yes wait to discharge them intill you want to charge them. they self discharge more then you think.

they will peak at about 9.2-9.3s, they should be warm to the touch,but not so hott you can't hold them. make sure on you charger if you can set the peak tec voltage, start at the lowest point and then go up if the batt are not warm when done charging.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah MHOR's website is www.mhorrc.com the surface is like a dirt packed down pretty well. Its a little mosit so its got quite a bit of grip to it. The people out there are really helpful whether its other racers or employee's. like i said, this last saturday was my first weekend and i only had one battery to begin with but people were helpin out and one person actually let my friend borrow an all metal servo to race with.

So the enviornment there is pretty laid back but everyone is helpful, no arguments or nothing like that. It is your normal racing enviornment, everyone is friends.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

I used to race at MHOR, but I haven't been there in 5 years. What's it like these days? What's the most popular off-road class and is lipo allowed? I really liked the racers there, but the small track and poor customer service got a little old.

Yup! still a small track. 2wd stock and mod are the most popular. 4wd gets enough to run every week also (bearly). Slow now in the summer. Kody, a local guy has a track at his house. He is going to start running on sundays. I heard that it's twice the size of MHOR. They don't allow lipo's there. There very strict about roar rules.

I don't know how to do the "quote" thingie
Old 05-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Dougg, saturday i was runnin the 2wd stock truck class. Myself and my friend were there, we were right on the other side of Walt. I ended up buying that Novak Millenium charger from him for $50, was that a good deal.

Also, for the batteries, could you get me contact info for Kody, as i do need to get more batteries and would like to get pointed in the right direction. I liked all the help that i got out there this last saturday and i believe that i will be back this saturday so i may see ya there. Although i do need to put the new titanium tie rods on first so i can finish the race instead of breaking them and not being able to do more laps.

I did improve each time though, first race i did 2(tie rod broke) 2nd race 10, 3rd race 13 and the main i did 13 as well. how many do you normally do?

Also, Dougg i sent you a Private message, don't know if you got it or not hopefully so because i don't remember for sure what it said.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

I remember you, you had the wheel that was hitting the rear hub carrier. I usually run 21 laps on this track configuration in 4wd mod. I'm getting use to a brushless motor that I got last week. 20 is the best I've done with the new motor. It has a different feel to it from the brushless. I just need to get use to it. I'll get my new radio tomorrow, I need to drive with a lefty radio. I'm sure I will be bringing up the rear until I get use to it. This saterday the track will be ran the other way. Be very carefull at the end of the strait away. If you are not slowed down enough, the jump will throw you into the wall. (thats why the net is there, to keep cars from going into the pits). Too fast you will bust an A-arm. I think everyone has done it at least once. I did!! As for the charger, for $50.00 you can't go wrong. I personally spintec my batterys after I run them, I learned that from Kody. You will find many different opinions on every issue. Just talk to the guys at the track. MHOR is known for beeing one of the most difficult tracks to race at. Small lanes, obsticals every five feet to deal with, tight and alot of traction. Trucks arent easy to race there. They are too wide for that track.(my opinion). I ran mod truck this last summer, after the series was over, I sold it. I prefer buggy. As for getting in touch with Kody, he might be running weds or sat night.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Actually, that was my friend who had the majority of the problems, not only with the wheel but also with the servo. I was right next to him and had the kinda Purple/Brownish colored truck.

I will probably be racing this saturday, if not i will for sure be up there watching. I just need to get the A-Arms done so that there the titanium ones instead of the cheap original ones that came on the truck. I'm also trying to find some other kind of Shock Towers to replace the current ones so that its easier to adjust the ride height of it. We'll see what i can do with what money i have i guess.

Hope ta see ya out there though this saturday and hopefully i'll be racing. I need more practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Initiate

anybody know of the best way to set up your tie rods? Toe in obviously right? for the front and back?
Old 05-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

At MHOR I personally run a little toe-out on all of my cars. This will give you more innitional turn in at the beginning of the turn. You will sacrafice some straightaway stability, but then MHOR doesn't have a big straightaway. Then run -1 degree of camber on all four corners. You can fine tune it to how you like it from there.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nikko
anybody know of the best way to set up your tie rods? Toe in obviously right? for the front and back?

Run no toe, just leave it parral.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.