Wiki Posts
Search

trinity drake or OS speed vspec WC

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flysti
well need to buy a new engine, can't make up my mind which one to get so maybe other folk can help me out love the OS but i really do not want spend that much on a pipe.

trinity drake platinum or OS speed vspec?

thoughts also if you used either engine.

you have a tough decision here DRAKE Platinum and OS vspec are both great motors i think if i were choosing i would go with the drake platinum but yet thats just me if i were to decide between these two
Old 05-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

flysti - It's a balance to provide an opinion you guys will believe, without sounding too biased!

I've never felt like my engines are holding me back; actually, I think my cars and engines are better than I'm capable of driving, haha.

It's the same engine The Drake uses, that's why his name is on it. The Drake-modified version of this engine is exactly what the team guys run.

revt1 - I run 30% in all of my .21 engines, and I've been running the stock deck height on these motors and MC59 glow plugs.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well have heard rumour that the OS speed has been discontinued, possibly due to conrod issues.

the trinity drake would be ideal (losi 8ight so why not ) my only negative to this would be parts availabity, cause i can not seem to find anyone who stocks the engine stocking the parts for it?

so for now i have purchased a sts d21t mkII, cheaper than the other two & will get me back to racing after taking almost a year off. i have only read good things about these engines (older d21t with green head). the new one (red head) has been updated with a new & improved piston & sleeve over the previous one & a new carby has also been introduced. it comes with two button heads, one turbo, one standard & also has 7mm & 8mm venturies.

still would like the trinity drake though, it all comes down to parts.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My buddy is running the OS V-spec and it is a fast motor. The downside is you only get 6 gallons through it.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

If you average 7 1/2 minutes per tank, 6 gallons is 22 hours of runtime.

Six gallons through an engine is a very respectable life span.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

yea i can get 6-7 gallons through regular ol v-specs...haven't got close to that mark yet with my os speed so we'll see. i do believe that an engine has paid its dues around 5 gallons lol i am not exactly easy on them thats for sure.......any truth to the os speed rumor posted above?