Wiki Posts
Search

2007 "10th"Annual Off-road Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcsteve86
Casper, I crashed into you off the step-up while you were marshalling during the stk. truck b-main. I really feel bad about that, sorry!
No worries. Sorry for being in the way! The marshal is responsible for getting the heck out of the way so it was my bad!

I had to think for a while to remember it so no issues!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm writing on behalf of Kyle and Ashley, who were the only Boice drivers this weekend. They had an awesome time at the Shootout this year. The kids loved the track and as always, Jimmy ran a great race program. What surprised me the most was that the track was virtually maintenance free during the day. The layout was great too...good job Johnny W!

It was awesome to see Dirt back in action too! He is just as smooth now as he was a couple years ago. He had a smile on face every time I saw him so I hope we continue to see BK at the track.

Once again, great job Jimmy and crew! You guys are the best!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Congrats to Ash on her first big win! I am sure there will be plenty more in the years to come.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I was watching that race on Liverc. Congrats to Ashley for put the spank down on everyone. My 4 yo daughter has seen Ashley at Socal and Pegasus a few times and wants to race now.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What a FANTASTIC weekend! Once again the Shootout not only lived up to expectations but surpassed them! A lot of tension and a lot of drama during the Races.... It also can't get any better than having old school racers like BK, Masami, Pavidis, Hara, and even Gil Losi Jr. (All IFMAR World Champs) racing on the same Track once again! KUDOS to Jimmy and the Hot Rod Crew! They did a Superb job as always!
Old 07-24-2007, 04:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Old 07-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by K_King
Yup I saw that, he got Brian twice as well. Its pretty frusterating when they end up finishing better than you as well.
Ha! Well then Brian deserved it. In both A2 and A3 mains Brian stuffed me on the 1st lap into the 2nd corner pipe before the offset double. That track was very hard to pass on, and being sent to the back of the pack on the 1st lap is very detrimental. I was able to work my way back up in the A2, but in the A3 it rattled me so badly that I could hardly drive.

He even approached me after the race and had the nerve to tell me that it "wasn't his choice" to take me out and that he "had to do it." I don't know what that means to you but its pretty clear to me...

What was unfortunate was the fact that there was no rough driving being called all weekend as far as I could see. I heard maybe a couple of warnings here and there, but nothing effective. It was very unfortunate to Maifield whom I saw get taken out twice while in the lead of A1 4wd as well as by Evans in A2 truck while in 2nd. I'm sure there were others, but it seemed as if that first A1 4wd main really ruined Maifield for the rest of the weekend...
Old 07-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2007 hotrod hobbies shootout

hey all:Were is a good place to get pics of this event?Thanks
Old 07-24-2007, 08:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

pics will be on hotrod hobbies site within a few days as hundreds get processed
Old 07-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Pics will be here within a few days. From what hes told me its more like thousands that need to be processed.

http://www.jbphotography.smugmug.com/At%20the%20Races
Old 07-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Jason does hundreds of photos for single day races. I don't even want to know how many pics he took over the 4 days. He is the best around though so I can hardly wait to see the great shots he took this weekend. It is incredible to him get in the race and take some amazing action shots. For those of you that did not see it, Jason has been selling some photos for $2 a piece or 3 for $5. A great deal for the work he puts into getting some of these great photos. He has pictures at all the JBRL events or you can contact him though the link killer posted.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killer89
Pics will be here within a few days. From what hes told me its more like thousands that need to be processed.

http://www.jbphotography.smugmug.com/At%20the%20Races

Cant wait to see the pics, Jason takes some of the best pics around!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Ha! Well then Brian deserved it. In both A2 and A3 mains Brian stuffed me on the 1st lap into the 2nd corner pipe before the offset double. That track was very hard to pass on, and being sent to the back of the pack on the 1st lap is very detrimental. I was able to work my way back up in the A2, but in the A3 it rattled me so badly that I could hardly drive.

He even approached me after the race and had the nerve to tell me that it "wasn't his choice" to take me out and that he "had to do it." I don't know what that means to you but its pretty clear to me...

What was unfortunate was the fact that there was no rough driving being called all weekend as far as I could see. I heard maybe a couple of warnings here and there, but nothing effective. It was very unfortunate to Maifield whom I saw get taken out twice while in the lead of A1 4wd as well as by Evans in A2 truck while in 2nd. I'm sure there were others, but it seemed as if that first A1 4wd main really ruined Maifield for the rest of the weekend...
I pit with Brian all weekend and he wasn't happy he got in to you, but the reason he did was to get away from that blue X-6 that had taken him out previously. He said he went into the turn watching that guy not slow down and it was either stop and get blasted by him again or try to make it through. He is one of the cleanest guys out there, and he wasn't happy that he got into you. Maybe if the rough driving on that guy was called (he took out a lot of guys in all the classes he was in) there wouldn't have been that incident there. Seriously he was talking about getting into you and pretty frusterated about it awhile after the race was even over.

If it makes you feel any better I got balsted by a kid who constantly yaps on the driver stand about how people drive him in the JBRL and he straight took me out with nothing to say about it. And he ended up beating me by a point because of it.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Killer89- Eric, good job this weekend. Wish I could have had a little more for you in 19T Having no real practice and two rounds of qual. does not produce great results. I did end up 6th overall afterwards though, so I'm pretty happy

Will you be at Camarillo next weekend?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Erik,

I did not intentionally take you out, I wouldn't want to take a risk of something like that where I would screw myself too. I tried my hardest to keep space between you and the guy behind me, but unfortunately I got into you. I apologize for that.

The first main, 4th place blantantly drove into me, no little tap or accident, but ran me over and sent me to the back (in that same turn on the 1st lap). Which is why I was trying to press through the first couple corners to get away from him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.