Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Rustler or Duratrax Evader???

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Traxxas Rustler or Duratrax Evader???

Hey all, Im thinking about getting a durable stadium truck and kinda narrowed it down to a rustler or an evader. I've already got an xxxnt that im setting up for oval and would use one of the other two for offroad racing. Any of your opinions would help.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ...

a have a xx-t losi kinda older but runs great just needs rear wheels and electronics and ill even include a motor i can sell it for 60 shipped
Old 04-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

There goes that idea, now Im getting stuck back with my buggy. The guy can't pay the $$$ since he is getting an apt, ah well. Either end up selling that or use it for some type of racing, oval or offroad.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

i would go with the evader pro.... i tryed the new rustler xl5 didnt like it at all.. i dont even that thank it's half the car of the evader...
Old 04-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MADMAN23
i would go with the evader pro.... i tryed the new rustler xl5 didnt like it at all.. i dont even that thank it's half the car of the evader...
Evader Pro is no longer made. I have owned a Evader ST & BX but I haven't owned a Rustler, I have a Stampede though and the Stampede is much, much more durable than the Evader
Old 04-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

i have a e rustler and all you need is a new motor and esc and it is good to go imo

the stock tires aren't that great ,but that is my only real critism of the truck and you can bash the living hell out of it too i have not broken one part yet, besides servo that was my error
Old 04-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I used to have a rustler and a T3 (AE) and the rustler was much more durable than the T3. That truck was extremely solid.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mattster
i have a e rustler and all you need is a new motor and esc and it is good to go imo

the stock tires aren't that great ,but that is my only real critism of the truck and you can bash the living hell out of it too i have not broken one part yet, besides servo that was my error
Is that the old or new rustler as the new rustler comes with a fan cooled 550 12t motor and XL5 ESC?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXNJH9**&P=ML

You will need a new motor for the evader as the stock motor doesn't last very long.

Cheers
Old 04-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by falconcg
I used to have a rustler and a T3 (AE) and the rustler was much more durable than the T3. That truck was extremely solid.
Yes, lol, with my old e stampede I was jumping fences and jumping off garden sheds and all I ever broke was a plastic geared servo and pumped the plastic shock cap off the shock. They are very durable.

Cheers
Old 05-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

EVADER ALL THE WAY. u can get it for 150 dollars and its a challeng for the T4, hop up for about 50 to 100 dollars and ull have a truck to completly wipe the field.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Of the two I'd go with the Evader for racing if that's your main use. The Rustler can be made fairly competive for racing and I think its durability is unmatched. I love my eRusty but even in race mode it just doesn't work as well as my XXX-T MF2.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

im a die hard rusty/ pede fan. toughest trucks out. and it all depends on what you plan on racing it in. you want to race stock or mod? if stock, the rusty is great right out of the box
Old 05-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

look at mu name for my truck, but i would go with a rustler, because they are durable, my bro had an evader, and it beat the rusty, on motor hands, if you get either a used xl1 or an xl5. if you get an xl1, buy a fireball 19t motor. buddy had 1 in his rusty and ssmoked my bros evader.

xl5, no answer, its 30ish out of box. and the fireball would slow it down.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

it all comes down to this,, are you strictly going to bash it??? if you are then i say rustler.. BUT if you have any intentions to put a dent motor in it, then i say evader. evader hands down handles better then the rusty. if you are thinking of doing some racing forget the rusty and get the evader. the rusty is a tank. all it is, is durable, pretty much it, it does not handle better than the evader. and from a guy who owned 2 evaders.. they are pretty tuff truck, very minor upgrades and you have a really tuff truck.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

This is from someone that races with a Traxxas.

I love my Traxxas and would take it over an Evader any time.

Given the choice of Evader or Rustler for racing get an Evader. Much easier to set up and parts are guaranteed. The Rustler would need some pretty detailed work to get it to that point IMHO. Check out JANG's rustler here.

http://www.ultimatetraxxas.com/rustler.html

If you really want a Traxxas watch eBay or the forums for a SRT, Eagle, or LS2. I have an Eagle that is great now that I changed over the suspension to match my SRT, and my SRT has been fast and tough on the track. It does have the graphite chassis but there is nothing wrong with the fiberglass one. Before you buy one of these older trucks PM me for which parts may be hard to find. (ie. the rear shock tower, motor plate etc.) I may be able to hook you up or find you a source.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.