Search
Like Tree1Likes

Electric 1/8th Scale conversion kits.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apl Hed
hey chewie, what pinion should i run in my associated RC8 with the neu 1512 2D/F ? ill prob be running the neu 5000 mah batt. also what kind of connectors come on the neu 5000 mah batt?
thanx to all for the info

apple
What spure are you running, 44 or 46? I'm running an 18 or 19T pinion with a 44 spur with a 1512/2.5D(2050 kv). So start with a 16T and gear according to track size and motor temps.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
I've been really busy lately and haven't been following this thread as close... I finally have all the pieces to fire up my Losi buggy for the first time but I find it crazy my Monster Maxx may fail as soon as I hit the dirt!

Question is: I know the fan shim mod and the dremeling of the bottom case mod, but it just seems crazy to tear into this controller without ever turning it on. Should I run it, have it break, they do the mods or should I just do them before I even solder my Deans plug?!?

One quote from the prez of CC.

"We are looking into the fans -- they are causing a significant percentage of the failures (they run off the BEC, and some of the fan failures are killing the BEC.)"

I don't know how many different ways I could take that statement.....
Old 06-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lxmuff

"We are looking into the fans -- they are causing a significant percentage of the failures (they run off the BEC, and some of the fan failures are killing the BEC.)"

Ha, yeah... I'm not sure either.

In your signature, you say "MM as backup." I have one too, but I just bought a JRXS-Type R that needs a controller. Grrr.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Hey guys, due to some issues that have come up and others that still stuck around, I won't be able to do an RC8 conversion at this time and will be going down to one vehicle for the rest fo the offroad season.

Because of this, I will be selling a variety of conversion stuff, namely the following:

- New RC8 Less fuel tank and motor mount (also has the extra shim kit ready to install, plus the service pack ready to install)

- PolyRC 6000mah 25C 4S pack New, added deans connector

- Variety of Mod1 Pinions, several of them brand new RC Monster ones never ran. Would say the range is from 12T - 19T pinions.

Also, depending if Dan isn't able to do a refund on the RC8 conversion, I will have a New one with two spur gears as well.

I may also sell my 1512 2.5D motor to get a Medusa one as its cheaper (if anyone wants to work a swap on that let me know)

I will also have a variety of tires, etc. for sale too.
Man, don't you just love extended families ...

Seems there is some difference in what is going on and who is taking care of what.

Anyway, not sure if you got my email dan, but please keep everything on course for now. I should know for sure sunday.

As for those interested in my items, for sure I will be selling the pinions from 16T down. These are pinions I am not sure what they are, so I will sell them cheap as I don't need them. Good pinions with the plastic spur for sure.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I bought a third Monster since my other two are down. It seems to be working ok. I wonder if I should just disconnect the fan and run it off the r receiver to be safe.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Man, don't you just love extended families ...

Seems there is some difference in what is going on and who is taking care of what.

Anyway, not sure if you got my email dan, but please keep everything on course for now. I should know for sure sunday.

As for those interested in my items, for sure I will be selling the pinions from 16T down. These are pinions I am not sure what they are, so I will sell them cheap as I don't need them. Good pinions with the plastic spur for sure.
How much do you want to sell the 2.5d for? I NEED it! I have a 2000kv medusa on backorder right now and I can't wait for three weeks, haha.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by chewiefttc4
hey apple
i have no experience with the 2 d so i cant truefully help you.
if i had a good guess i would say around a 13 or 14 tooth pinon

Thanx everyone for the help, ill be running Rc Prod Designs conversion, i believe that it will come with a Kyosho 46 plastic spur? and i WILL be running the 1512 2D/F so i guess ill order pinions from 12-14 range for now. what temps do i want my motor at? also who has the best 30x30 fans available?
man, cant wait to run this beast, lol.
thanx all

apple
Old 06-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
I wonder if I should just disconnect the fan and run it off the r receiver to be safe.
My fan was powered by the receiver and MMM still went up in smoke !
Old 06-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HEAT
My fan was powered by the receiver and MMM still went up in smoke !
Macrow called me tonight to tell after 2 weeks of running fine, his second MMM went up in SMOKE. He said he'll get pics later. He did just start suppling power to his fan from an external CC BEC he just installed thru his spektrum rx just like HEAT.

I've been running my fan off the battery, just like with the MM.

Who's smoked using a SPECTRUM rx. I use a fasst Futaba. Happywing uses a S* and produced SMOKE. This was Mark's second one with SMOKE.

It seems that we are all doomed....
Old 06-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Racerx336
How much do you want to sell the 2.5d for? I NEED it! I have a 2000kv medusa on backorder right now and I can't wait for three weeks, haha.
Thing is I am actually waiting for the Medusa 2000Kv myself before I would sell it.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

I don't even think it's worth a picture at this point.

I didn't even get to practice.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Macrow called me tonight to tell after 2 weeks of running fine, his second MMM went up in SMOKE. He said he'll get pics later. He did just start suppling power to his fan from an external CC BEC he just installed thru his spektrum rx just like HEAT.

Who's smoked using a SPECTRUM rx. I use a fasst Futaba. Happywing uses a S* and produced SMOKE. This was Mark's second one with SMOKE.

I run the 2.4 Ghz Nomadio React. My MMM died but no smoke (at least I didn't see any when it died on the track but with my eyesite who knows....LOL ).

I'm actually looking forward to getting back my MM (well actually a new replacement) and running my E-MBX5R on that. I'm going to change the 13AWG wire on it and replace it with the 10AWG wire. I'd also like to find a better heat sink and possibly run it with no fan. What's the deal with the MM and 5S? Does it not work on 5S?
Old 06-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

TonyScrews: I will do that when I get home. The lower range pinions between 12T - 16T (may not have a 15T, need to check) I have to look at and see what they are as I am not sure. the 17T, 18T, and 19T I just purchased from RC Monster.

As for the 1512, I got it with my MBX5 last year, so it probably the older style with the longer shaft.

Hey Cain , if Tonyscrews doesn't take your pinions i will

On another note while i'm waiting for a suitable Xray 808 donor vehicle for my E conversion i was thinking of converting a Serpent 960 1/8 on road car .
Has anyone here done a 1/8 on road conversion , anyone sell motor mounts for the conversion ?
Old 06-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by TonysScrews
I run the 2.4 Ghz Nomadio React. My MMM died but no smoke (at least I didn't see any when it died on the track but with my eyesite who knows....LOL ).

I'm actually looking forward to getting back my MM (well actually a new replacement) and running my E-MBX5R on that. I'm going to change the 13AWG wire on it and replace it with the 10AWG wire. I'd also like to find a better heat sink and possibly run it with no fan. What's the deal with the MM and 5S? Does it not work on 5S?
Do you think the 10 gauge will fit? I was thinking of swapping to 12 guage for the spare MM I got here.

Still need to send in the one I smoked. was almost thinking of selling it to someone who wants to send it in cheap.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Been running both of mine on spektrum Rx since day 1 and no smoke so far. They are both still running. Knock on wood...

Originally Posted by ffactory666
Hey Cain , if Tonyscrews doesn't take your pinions i will

On another note while i'm waiting for a suitable Xray 808 donor vehicle for my E conversion i was thinking of converting a Serpent 960 1/8 on road car .
Has anyone here done a 1/8 on road conversion , anyone sell motor mounts for the conversion ?
I havent seen anyone making abolt in mount for 1/8 on road yet, but actually making a motor mount for 1/8 onroad is pretty easy. You can just use a piece of angle aluminum screwed to the bottom chassis to make the mount. It doensnt have to be tied to the diff like in an offroad vehicle cuz chassis flex in onroad is no where near as severe as offroad. Check around on the rc-monster forum. I have seen a few pretty nice jobs done on them. A couple of them with video so you can get an idea of what to expect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.