Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New idea of Suspension system

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i like the idea too joe, , but how could you control the desired damping strength? wouldn't be the weight be an issue?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

I think the HPI Baja uses a two spring setup like this.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

The overall goal of the system would be to run a setup that will allow you to take big jumps w/out bottoming out hard or having so much spring that the car bounces. This allows you to run a thinner oil which will result in a more responsive car that takes bumps easier.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

The overall goal of the system would be to run a setup that will allow you to take big jumps w/out bottoming out hard or having so much spring that the car bounces. This allows you to run a thinner oil which will result in a more responsive car that takes bumps easier.
absolutely correct!
Old 04-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no the weight shouldnt be a problem, as my dad gets these high power magnets from computer hard drives, and theyre about an inch across, and if i decided to put my finger between two it would take it off! and if i wanted to change damping strength i would use electromagnets powered off the receiver pack, or on an electric like im gonna build off the nimh battery pack.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

speaking of magnets, hey those hard drive magnets are the ones i've been using to keeps my bolts, screws, washers, e-clips, etc in one place when i dismantle or repair my buggies. They are indeed strong magnets! if weight is no object then your idea is great. What i was thinking is combine the power of magnets and Airtight shock cylinders. Yes - air! the conbination of magnet and air would give a great damping strength. what do you think?
Old 04-03-2007, 06:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would like to see a suspension system that accurately duplicates that of 1:1 baja buggies. I've seen bypass shocks and progressive rate rockers.

Kinda like the Revo but not inboard. The shocks themselves could be vertical and closer to the centerline of the vehicle.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by satoch
I would like to see a suspension system that accurately duplicates that of 1:1 baja buggies. I've seen bypass shocks and progressive rate rockers.

Kinda like the Revo but not inboard. The shocks themselves could be vertical and closer to the centerline of the vehicle.

don't we all. a guess is two things as to why we don't see that set-up. one is weight for electric especially. and two they would be much more complicated to assemble that some might not be able to do it. and there are alot of kids in this hobby, that type of shock would really confuse them i think. that is if the internals are actually as they are in like King or Fox shocks used in off road race cars. just a guess though.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

what about just a huge airtight cylinder? air suspension
Old 04-09-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Got a video to share. this buggy has a dual rate installed. (the zaint mod not the ready made)

just don't expect too much

http://www.rcuvideos.com/item/WMVX7GXSX781B71C

Last edited by Zaint; 05-06-2007 at 04:52 AM.